- Antioxidant activity and hepatoprotective potential of agaro-oligosaccharides in vitro and in vivoHaimin Chen
Key Laboratory of Marine Biotechnology, Ningbo University, Ningbo, 315211, PR China
Nutr J 5:31. 2006..In order to assess the live protective effects of agar-oligosaccharides, we did both in vitro and in vivo studies based on own-made agaro-oligosaccharides, and the structural information of this oligosaccharide was also determined...
- Depolymerized products of lambda-carrageenan as a potent angiogenesis inhibitorHaimin Chen
Key Laboratory of Marine Biotechnology, Ningbo University, Post Box 71, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315211, China
J Agric Food Chem 55:6910-7. 2007..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that lambda-CO is a potential angiogenesis inhibitor with combined effects of inhibiting invasion, migration, and proliferation...
- Fascaplysin exert anti-tumor effects through apoptotic and anti-angiogenesis pathways in sarcoma mice modelXiaojun Yan
Ningbo University, Key Laboratory of Applied Marine Biotechnology, Ministry of Education, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315211, China
Eur J Pharm Sci 43:251-9. 2011..From these findings, it can be considered that fascaplysin can inhibit the growth of S180 cell implanted tumor, and the action mechanisms may involve in apoptosis, anti-angiogenesis, or cell cycle arrest...
- [Halophilous microbial groups in saline lake of Qinghai and the growth characteristics and anti-microbial and anti-tumor activities of F16]Yanfang Ye
College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Ningbo University, Ningbo 315211, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 17:1996-8. 2006..When the concentration of salt surpassed 15% , F16 could not survive. F16 grew well when the pH value ranged from 5 to 9...
- [A primary study on antimicrobial and cytotoxic activity of marine bacteria]Li Zheng
Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing 100039, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 15:1633-6. 2004..The most active marine bacteria were assigned to the Pseudomonas, Photobacterium, Clostridium, Alteromonas and Flavobacterium group...
- Identification of norharman as the cytotoxic compound produced by the sponge (Hymeniacidon perleve)-associated marine bacterium Pseudoalteromonas piscicida and its apoptotic effect on cancer cellsLi Zheng
The First Institute of Oceanography, SOA, Qingdao 266061, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 44:135-42. 2006..Flow-cytometric analysis indicated that norharman could arrest cells at the G(2)/M phase of the cell cycle. These results demonstrate the cytotoxic mechanism of norharman involves the induction of apoptosis in HeLa cells...