- Antioxidant activity and hepatoprotective potential of agaro-oligosaccharides in vitro and in vivoHaimin Chen
Key Laboratory of Marine Biotechnology, Ningbo University, Ningbo, 315211, PR China
Nutr J 5:31. 2006..In order to assess the live protective effects of agar-oligosaccharides, we did both in vitro and in vivo studies based on own-made agaro-oligosaccharides, and the structural information of this oligosaccharide was also determined...
- Depolymerized products of lambda-carrageenan as a potent angiogenesis inhibitorHaimin Chen
Key Laboratory of Marine Biotechnology, Ningbo University, Post Box 71, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315211, China
J Agric Food Chem 55:6910-7. 2007..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that lambda-CO is a potential angiogenesis inhibitor with combined effects of inhibiting invasion, migration, and proliferation...
- A lipoxygenase from red alga Pyropia haitanensis, a unique enzyme catalyzing the free radical reactions of polyunsaturated fatty acids with triple ethylenic bondsZhujun Zhu
Key Laboratory of Applied Marine Biotechnology, Ningbo University, Ningbo, Zhejiang, 315211, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0117351. 2015..The substrate and position flexibility, as well as the function versatility of PhLOXs represent the ancient enzymatic pathway for organisms to control intracellular oxylipins. ..
- Fascaplysin exert anti-tumor effects through apoptotic and anti-angiogenesis pathways in sarcoma mice modelXiaojun Yan
Ningbo University, Key Laboratory of Applied Marine Biotechnology, Ministry of Education, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315211, China
Eur J Pharm Sci 43:251-9. 2011..From these findings, it can be considered that fascaplysin can inhibit the growth of S180 cell implanted tumor, and the action mechanisms may involve in apoptosis, anti-angiogenesis, or cell cycle arrest...
- [Halophilous microbial groups in saline lake of Qinghai and the growth characteristics and anti-microbial and anti-tumor activities of F16]Yanfang Ye
College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Ningbo University, Ningbo 315211, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 17:1996-8. 2006..When the concentration of salt surpassed 15% , F16 could not survive. F16 grew well when the pH value ranged from 5 to 9...
- Degraded λ-carrageenan activates NF-κB and AP-1 pathways in macrophages and enhances LPS-induced TNF-α secretion through AP-1Haimin Chen
Ningbo University, Key Laboratory of Applied Marine Biotechnology, Ministry of Education, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315211, China Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1840:2162-70. 2014..Carrageenan (CGN), a high molecular weight sulfated polysaccharide, is a traditional ingredient used in food industry. Its degraded forms have been identified as potential carcinogens, although the mechanism remains unclear...
- Different responses to heat shock stress revealed heteromorphic adaptation strategy of Pyropia haitanensis (Bangiales, Rhodophyta)Qijun Luo
Key Laboratory of Applied Marine Biotechnology, Ministry of Education, Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
PLoS ONE 9:e94354. 2014..It is concluded that Pyropia haitanensis has evolved a delicate strategy for temperature adaptation for its heteromorphic life cycle. ..
- [A primary study on antimicrobial and cytotoxic activity of marine bacteria]Li Zheng
Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing 100039, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 15:1633-6. 2004..The most active marine bacteria were assigned to the Pseudomonas, Photobacterium, Clostridium, Alteromonas and Flavobacterium group...
- Identification of norharman as the cytotoxic compound produced by the sponge (Hymeniacidon perleve)-associated marine bacterium Pseudoalteromonas piscicida and its apoptotic effect on cancer cellsLi Zheng
The First Institute of Oceanography, SOA, Qingdao 266061, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 44:135-42. 2006..Flow-cytometric analysis indicated that norharman could arrest cells at the G(2)/M phase of the cell cycle. These results demonstrate the cytotoxic mechanism of norharman involves the induction of apoptosis in HeLa cells...