W C Chan
- Lived experience of caregivers of persons with dementia in Hong Kong: a qualitative studyW C Chan
Department of Old Age Psychiatry, Castle Peak Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
East Asian Arch Psychiatry 20:163-8. 2010..To report the lived experience of caregivers of persons with dementia in Hong Kong, and to explore their service needs...
- A double-blind randomised comparison of risperidone and haloperidol in the treatment of behavioural and psychological symptoms in Chinese dementia patientsW C Chan
Psychogeriatric Department, Castle Peak Hospital, Hong Kong
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:1156-62. 2001..Behavioural and psychological symptoms (BPSD) are common during the course of dementia and present severe problems to patients and their caregivers...
- Screening of mild cognitive impairment in Chinese older adults--a multistage validation of the Chinese abbreviated mild cognitive impairment testLinda C W Lam
Department of Psychiatry, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Neuroepidemiology 30:6-12. 2008..To develop a short cognitive test for screening mild cognitive impairment (MCI) in Hong Kong Chinese older adults...
- Validation of the Chinese Challenging Behaviour Scale: clinical correlates of challenging behaviours in nursing home residents with dementiaChi Leung Lam
Psychogeriatric Team, Castle Peak Hospital, Hong Kong
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:792-9. 2006..Behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD) are associated with considerable burden to patients with dementia and their caregivers. Formal caregivers in residential care settings face different challenges when delivering care...
- A survey on the preference for continuing professional dental education amongst general dental practitioners who attended the 26th Asia Pacific Dental CongressW C Chan
Private Practice, Hong Kong SAR, China
Eur J Dent Educ 10:210-6. 2006....
- Functional disabilities profile of chinese elderly people with Alzheimer's disease - a validation study on the chinese version of the disability assessment for dementiaCycbie C M Mok
Psychogeriatric Department, Castle Peak Hospital, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 20:112-9. 2005..The CDAD was shown to be a reliable and valid instrument in assessing the functional disabilities of community-residing elderly subjects with AD in the Chinese population...
- Clinical correlates of functional performance in community-dwelling Chinese older persons with mild cognitive impairmentCindy W C Tam
Department of Psychiatry, Tai Po Hospital, Hong Kong SAR
Int Psychogeriatr 20:1059-70. 2008..This study explores the functional profiles and the clinical correlates of a population-based sample of Chinese older persons with MCI in Hong Kong...
- Agitation in Chinese elderly: validation of the Chinese version of the Cohen-Mansfield Agitation InventoryC N Choy
Department of Psychiatry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, SAR
Int Psychogeriatr 13:325-35. 2001..Future study should focus not only on the behavioral disturbances; medical, psychological, and environmental factors should be taken into account to provide a more accurate profile...
- Importance of subtle amnestic and nonamnestic deficits in mild cognitive impairment: prognosis and conversion to dementiaS D Rountree
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 24:476-82. 2007..To evaluate baseline characteristics and conversion to dementia in mild cognitive impairment (MCI) subtypes...
- Prevalence of very mild and mild dementia in community-dwelling older Chinese people in Hong KongLinda C W Lam
Department of Psychiatry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR, The People s Republic of China
Int Psychogeriatr 20:135-48. 2008..In this report, the results of a household survey were used to examine the prevalence of very mild and mild dementia in Chinese older persons in Hong Kong...