Affiliation: Central South University
- [Establishment of partial gene expression map of 7q32 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma and primary culture normal nasopharyngeal epithelial cells]N Jiang
Cancer Research Institute, Hunan Medical University, Changsha, Hunan, 410078 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 15:267-70. 1998..To establish partial gene expression map of 7q32 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) cell line, tissues and primary culture normal nasopharyngeal epithelial cells...
- [Chromosomal aberration analyzed by comparative genomic hybridization in nasopharyngeal carcinoma]Z Li
Tumor Cellular Genetic Lab, Cancer Research Institute, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, 410078 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 18:338-42. 2001..To identify genetic alteration in primary sporadic nasopharyngeal carcinoma(NPC) in Hunan...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in NGX6 gene and their correlation with nasopharyngeal carcinomaWei Xiong
Cancer Research Institute, Xiangya Medical School of Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 34:512-5. 2002..The result has proved again that NGX6 gene may play a certain role in oncogenesis and development of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. The SNP mark rs879284 may influence on the expression of NGX6 gene due to its location on chromosome...
- Detailed allelic loss mapping on 7q32 in nasopharyngeal carcinomaX Tang
Cancer Research Institute, Hunan Medical University, Changsha, Hunan, 410078 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 17:153-6. 2000..The present research group had found high frequency of loss of heterozygosity(LOH) of D7S500-D7S495 on chromosome band 7q32 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma, this study was conducted to further find the deletion region...
- A common region of allelic loss on chromosome region 3p25.3-26.3 in nasopharyngeal carcinomaL Deng
Cancer Research Institute and Xiang Ya Hospital, Hunan Medical University, China
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 23:21-5. 1998..3-26.2) and D3S1560 (3p25.3). The allelic loss map defined here will facilitate finer mapping of putative tumor suppressor gene loci and positional cloning of such genes, which may play a role in carcinogenesis of NPC...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of NAG-7: a novel gene downregulated in human nasopharyngeal carcinomaY Xie
Laboratory of Cellular Molecular Genetics, Cancer Research Institute, Hunan Medical University, Changsha 410078, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:530-4. 2001..To identify novel tumor suppressor genes at chromosome 3p24-26 in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- [Primary study of differentially expressed cDNA sequences in cell line HNE1 of human nasopharyngeal carcinoma by cDNA representational difference analysis]F Zhan
Cancer Research Institute of Hunan Medical University Changsha, Hunan, 410078 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 15:341-4. 1998..To search differentially expressed sequences correlated with pathogenesis of human nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC), including the candidates of tumor suppressor genes...
- [Rapid construction of directional cDNA library from human nasopharynx]B Zhang
Cancer Research Institute, Xiangya Medical College, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 36:47-50. 2001....
- Isolation and characterization of a novel cDNA, UBAP1, derived from the tumor suppressor locus in human chromosome 9p21-22J Qian
Cancer Research Institute, Human Medical University, Changsha, PR China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 127:613-8. 2001..To clone the putative tumor suppressor gene(s) in a refined region at 9p21-22 undergoing loss of heterozygosity in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- c-myc gene inactivation during induction of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells with retinoic acidN Jiang
Cancer Research Institute, Hunan Medical University, Changsha 410078, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 113:823-6. 2000..To investigate the effects of retinoic acid (RA) on the growth, morphology, oncogene expression and regulation of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells...
- Monoclonal anti-idiotype antibody bearing the internal image of nasopharyngeal carcinoma associated antigenG Li
Cancer Research Institute, Xiang-Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:962-6. 2001..Either 2H4 or 5D3 expressing three-dimensional shapes that resemble the structure of natural antigens could induce humoral and cellular immune response...
- Proteomic detection of changes in protein synthesis induced by NGX6 transfected in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cellsJ Li
Cancer Research Institute, School of Xiangya Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, China
J Protein Chem 20:265-71. 2001..These proteins included Fas, zinc-finger protein (ZNF), RAB, and Ah receptor-interacting protein (AIP). The functional implications of the identified proteins are discussed...
- Ischemic preconditioning improves preservation with cold blood cardioplegia in valve replacement patientsG Li
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Hunan Medical University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 15:653-7. 1999....
- Cardiac ischemic preconditioning improves lung preservation in valve replacement operationsG Li
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Hunan Medical University, Changsha, China
Ann Thorac Surg 71:631-5. 2001..Previous work has shown that cardiac ischemic preconditioning reduces cardiac reperfusion injury. We investigated whether cardiac ischemic preconditioning can improve lung preservation in patients who undergo valve replacement...
- Compensatory changes in the retained kidney after nephrectomy in a living related donorZ Chen
Institute of General Surgery, Department of Organ Transplantation, Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan China
Transplant Proc 44:2901-5. 2012..Herein, we investigate the compensatory changes in morphology, function, and hemodynamic indices of the retained kidney after nephrectomy among living related donors...
- Nanoparticle delivery of anti-metastatic NM23-H1 gene improves chemotherapy in a mouse tumor modelZ Li
Cancer Research Institute, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, The People s Republic of China
Cancer Gene Ther 16:423-9. 2009..This approach appears to be a promising strategy for treatment of metastatic tumors...
- Lactotransferrin acts as a tumor suppressor in nasopharyngeal carcinoma by repressing AKT through multiple mechanismsM Deng
1 Cancer Research Institute, Central South University, Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis, Ministry of Health, Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Cancer Invasion, Ministry of Education, Hunan Key Laboratory of Nonresolving Inflammation and Cancer, Changsha, China 2 Cancer Research Institute, University of South China, Hengyang, China 3 Cancer Research Institute and Cancer Hospital, Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Oncogene 32:4273-83. 2013..This is the first report on the tumor suppressive effects of LTF through repression of AKT signaling in NPC. It suggests that both LTF and AKT signaling merit further study in the field of NPC research. ..
- Construction and selection of human anti-idiotypic antibody single chain variable fragments or CDR3 fragments of nasopharyngeal carcinomaX He
Cancer Research Institute, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 23:607-15. 2004..So, a strategy for preparing and selecting beta type Ab2 scFv or CDR by means of immunization in vitro, EBV transformation and phage display technique is feasible, which paves a way for preparing cancer vaccine using beta type Ab2 scFv...
- Reaction of pyridoxamine with malondialdehyde: mechanism of inhibition of formation of advanced lipoxidation end-productsZ Kang
Aging Biochemistry Lab, College of Life Sciences, Hunan Normal University, Changsha, Hunan, Peoples Republic of China
Amino Acids 30:55-61. 2006..Our results showed clearly that PM inhibited the formation of ALEs by trapping MDA directly under physiological condition, and provide insight into the mechanism of action of PM in protecting proteins against carbonyl stress...
- MassARRAY assay: a more accurate method for JAK2V617F mutation detection in Chinese patients with myeloproliferative disordersJ F Fu
Leukemia 22:660-3. 2008
- The visfatin gene is associated with glucose and lipid metabolism in a Chinese populationW X Jian
Shanghai Institute of Endocrinology, Department of Endocrinology, Ruijin Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Diabet Med 23:967-73. 2006..In this study, we explored the relationships between the plasma level of visfatin and genetic single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) and anthropometric and metabolic parameters in Chinese subjects...
- Emergence of VanD-type vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium in Stockholm, SwedenH Fang
Division of Clinical Bacteriology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 13:106-8. 2007..This is the first VanD-type vancomycin-resistant E. faecium isolate reported in Sweden. The emergence of this strain reinforces the necessity of infection control efforts to interrupt the spread of these organisms...
- MN/CA9: a potential gene marker for detection of malignant cells in effusionsG Li
Laboratory of Clinical Immunology, North Hospital, CHU of Saint Etienne, France
Biomarkers 12:214-20. 2007..8% and 91.7%. Our preliminary results suggest that MN/CA9 could be a potential marker for the detection of malignant cells in effusions. A large-scale study is needed to confirm these results...
- CSF tau/Abeta42 ratio for increased risk of mild cognitive impairment: a follow-up studyG Li
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center and Department of Psychiatry, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Neurology 69:631-9. 2007..While many studies have evaluated CSF tau and Abeta(42) as biomarkers of the dementia or prodromal stages of AD, we are unaware of any study to evaluate these potential CSF biomarkers of latent AD...
- Detection of novel ALAD gene polymorphisms using denaturing high-performance liquid chromatographyT Niu
Program for Population Genetics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Biol 73:429-42. 2001..No previously reported missense ALAD mutations were found in this Chinese population. Our study confirms that DHPLC provides an accurate method for the rapid identification of single nucleotide polymorphisms...
- Relationship between the regulatory region polymorphism of human tissue kallikrein gene and essential hypertensionH Hua
1School of Basic Medicine and Forensic, West China Medical Center, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, PR China
J Hum Hypertens 19:715-21. 2005..Differences in both allele frequencies and genotype frequencies between these two groups have provided evidence towards the association of hypertension with the polymorphisms in this studied site...
- Expression of granulocyte colony stimulating factor receptor in human colorectal cancerX Yang
Medical College, Nanjing University, Jingsu, China
Postgrad Med J 81:333-7. 2005....
- The expression of G250/mn/CA9 antigen by flow cytometry: its possible implication for detection of micrometastatic renal cancer cellsG Li
Department of Urology, North Hospital, CHU of Saint-Etienne, France
Clin Cancer Res 7:89-92. 2001..FCM may serve as a fast tool of immunocytochemical detection of renal cancer cells. Flow cytometric detection of renal cancer cells by using mAb G250 should be further explored...
- HLA-DR and DQ polymorphisms in bullous pemphigoid from northern ChinaX H Gao
Department of Dermatology, No 1 Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Clin Exp Dermatol 27:319-21. 2002..Ethnic differences in the polymorphic composition of the HLA-DR and DQ genes may influence genetic susceptibility to BP...
- Frequent inactivation of the TP53 gene in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma from a high-risk population in ChinaN Hu
Divisions of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:883-91. 2001....
- The novel tumour suppressor gene ING1 is overexpressed in human melanoma cell linesE I Campos
Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Br J Dermatol 146:574-80. 2002..We have demonstrated that the expression of ING1 is induced after UV irradiation and that ING1 enhances the repair of UV-damaged DNA...
- GM-CSF mediates alveolar macrophage proliferation and type II cell hypertrophy in SP-D gene-targeted miceS Hawgood
Department of Pediatrics, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118 1245, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 280:L1148-56. 2001....
- A genome-wide search for type II diabetes susceptibility genes in Chinese HansT H Luo
Shanghai Institute of Endocrinology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
Diabetologia 44:501-6. 2001..Other regions could also hide susceptibility genes with minor effects...
- Altered gene expression in immunogenic poorly differentiated thyroid carcinomas from RET/PTC3p53-/- miceD J Powell
Department of Microbiology Immunology and Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, PA 19107, USA
Oncogene 20:3235-46. 2001....
- Induction of squamous cell carcinoma in p53-deficient mice after ultraviolet irradiationG Li
Department of Medicine, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Center, The University of British Columbia, Canada
J Invest Dermatol 110:72-5. 1998..These results demonstrate that loss of wild-type p53 function shortens the latent period and predisposes the animals to the development of squamous cell carcinomas after ultraviolet irradiation...