Shi Xiong Cao
- Why large-scale afforestation efforts in China have failed to solve the desertification problemShixiong Cao
College of Economics and Management, China Agricultural University, Beijing
Environ Sci Technol 42:1826-31. 2008
- Disharmony between society and environmental carrying capacity: a historical review, with an emphasis on ChinaShixiong Cao
College of Economics and Management, China Agriculture University, Beijing
Ambio 36:409-15. 2007..Furthermore, we emphasize how this awareness must be translated into fundamental political and economic changes...
- Greening China naturallyShixiong Cao
Key Laboratory of Soil and Water Conservation and Combat, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, China
Ambio 40:828-31. 2011..In addition, long-term monitoring must be implemented to provide the data needed to develop a cost-effective, scientifically informed restoration policy...
- Remembering the ultimate goal of environmental protection: including protection of impoverished citizens in China's environmental policyShixiong Cao
College of Soil and Water Conservation, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, China
Ambio 39:439-42. 2010..The elimination of poverty by the development of sustainable, long-term enterprises is a precondition for successful ecological restoration...
- Damage caused to the environment by reforestation policies in arid and semi-arid areas of ChinaShixiong Cao
Soil and Water Conservation College, Beijing Forestry University, Haidian District, People s Republic of China
Ambio 39:279-83. 2010....
- Dealing with China's future population decline: a proposal for replacing low birth rates with sustainable ratesShixiong Cao
College of Soil and Water Conservation, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, P R China
J Biosoc Sci 41:693-6. 2009....
- Development and testing of a sustainable environmental restoration policy on eradicating the poverty trap in China's Changting CountyShixiong Cao
College of Water and Soil Conservation, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing 100083, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:10712-6. 2009..In contrast, measures to eliminate poverty, combined with the development of green enterprises that improve the livelihoods of private land owners in the long term, is the precondition for successful ecological restoration...
- [Grain for Green Project: willingness evaluation of the farmers in northern Shaanxi Province of China]Shi Xiong Cao
College of Soil and Water Conservation, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing 100083, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 20:426-34. 2009....
- An investigation of Chinese attitudes toward the environment: case study using the Grain for Green ProjectShixiong Cao
Soil and Water Conservation College, Beijing Foresty University, China
Ambio 38:55-64. 2009..Based on these results, we propose that successful environmental restoration projects must include both an education component and an economic development component...
- [Investigation and analysis of China residents' environmental conservation desire]Shi Xiong Cao
College of Economics and Management, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 18:2104-10. 2007..The environment policy-making should put more emphasis on developing economics, strengthening education, and improving residents' livelihood...
- [Soft-ridged bench terrace design in hilly loess region]Shixiong Cao
Regional Agriculture Research and Development Centre, College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agriculture University, Beijing 100094, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 16:1443-9. 2005....
- An investigation of women's attitudes towards fertility and China's family planning policyShixiong Cao
College of Soil and Water Conservation, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, PR China
J Biosoc Sci 42:359-75. 2010..Therefore, China's policy-makers must begin planning to adjust their policy by encouraging women to give birth to more than one child...