- Hemodynamic assessment in patients with one-and-a-half ventricle repair revealed by four-dimensional flow magnetic resonance imagingSergio Uribe
Radiology Department, School of Medicine, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Pediatr Cardiol 34:447-51. 2013..The evidence provided by 4D flow demonstrates poor efficiency of this system and suggests that both patients might benefit from adding an artificial pulmonary valve to avoid right heart failure...
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance findings in a pediatric population with isolated left ventricular non-compactionSergio Uribe
Radiology Department, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Marcoleta 367, Hospital Clinico Universidad Catolica, Santiago 8330024, Santiago Chile
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:9. 2012..We aimed to find correlations between morphological features and ventricular performance in children and young adolescents with LVNC using cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR)...
- New respiratory gating technique for whole heart cine imaging: integration of a navigator slice in steady state free precession sequencesSergio Uribe
King s College London, Division of Imaging Sciences, BHF center, NIHR Biomedical Research Center at Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
J Magn Reson Imaging 34:211-9. 2011..To evaluate the performance of a slice navigator sequence integrated into a b-SSFP sequence for obtaining real time respiratory self-gated whole heart cine imaging...
- Congenital heart disease in children: coronary MR angiography during systole and diastole with dual cardiac phase whole-heart imagingSergio Uribe
Department of Radiology, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Marcoleta 367, Santiago 8330024, Chile
Radiology 260:232-40. 2011..To assess the optimal timing for coronary magnetic resonance (MR) angiography in children with congenital heart disease by using dual cardiac phase whole-heart MR imaging...
- Single breath-hold assessment of cardiac function using an accelerated 3D single breath-hold acquisition technique--comparison of an intravascular and extravascular contrast agentMarcus R Makowski
King s College London BHF Centre, Division of Imaging Science, Biomedical Research Centre of Guy s and St, Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:53. 2012..In this study an intravascular contrast agent was prospectively compared to an extravascular contrast agent for the assessment of LV function using a single-breath-hold 3D-whole-heart cine SSFP sequence (3D-SSFP)...
- Single breath-hold assessment of ventricular volumes using 32-channel coil technology and an extracellular contrast agentVictoria Parish
Division of Imaging Sciences, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre at Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, King s College London, London, UK
J Magn Reson Imaging 31:838-44. 2010..To evaluate the feasibility of a single breath-hold 3D cine balanced steady-state free precession (b-SSFP) sequence after gadolinium diethylenetriamine penta-acetic acid (Gd-DTPA) injection for volumetric cardiac assessment...
- Caval blood flow distribution in patients with Fontan circulation: quantification by using particle traces from 4D flow MR imagingPablo Bächler
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Marcoleta 367, Santiago 8330024, Chile
Radiology 267:67-75. 2013....
- A new method for quantification of false lumen thrombosis in aortic dissection using magnetic resonance imaging and a blood pool contrast agentRachel E Clough
Division of Imaging Sciences, King s College, London, St Thomas Hospital, Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7EH United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 54:1251-8. 2011..We compared first pass MR and CT with a delayed phase MR acquisition using a blood pool agent to assess whether this more accurately quantified false lumen thrombosis...
- Four-dimensional (4D) flow of the whole heart and great vessels using real-time respiratory self-gatingSergio Uribe
Division of Imaging Sciences, British Heart Foundation BHF National Centre, Guy s and St Thomas National Health Service NHS Foundation Trust, King s College London, London, UK
Magn Reson Med 62:984-92. 2009..The methodology presented here has the potential to allow a complete study of flow pathophysiology of the thoracic cardiovascular system from a single free-breathing scan...
- 3D undersampled golden-radial phase encoding for DCE-MRA using inherently regularized iterative SENSEClaudia Prieto
King s College London, Division of Imaging Sciences, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre at Guy s and St Thomas Foundation Trust London, United Kingdom
Magn Reson Med 64:514-26. 2010..The acquired data were reconstructed retrospectively with temporal resolutions from 1.2 sec to 8.1 sec, providing a good depiction of small vessels, as well as distinction of different temporal phases...
- Interleaved T(1) and T(2) relaxation time mapping for cardiac applicationsUlrike Blume
King s College London, UK
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:480-7. 2009..The calculation of both T(1) and T(2) maps can be relevant for quantitative diagnosis. In this work, we present a simultaneous quantification of T(1)-T(2) relaxation times of a short-axis view of the heart in a single scan...
- Congenital heart disease: cardiovascular MR imaging by using an intravascular blood pool contrast agentMarcus R Makowski
Division of Imaging Sciences, King s College London British Heart Foundation Centre, Biomedical Research Centre of Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, King s College London, National Health Service Foundation Trust, Lambeth Place Road, London SE1 7EH, England
Radiology 260:680-8. 2011....
- Chemical species separation with simultaneous estimation of field map and T2* using a k-space formulationJose Luis Honorato
Department of Electrical Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Magn Reson Med 68:400-8. 2012..Considering intraecho time variations in a complete signal model in k-space for separating species yields superior estimation of the variables of interest when compared to existing methods...
- Application of the fractional Fourier transform to image reconstruction in MRIVicente Parot
Department of Electrical Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Magn Reson Med 68:17-29. 2012..The fractional fourier transform opens a new paradigm for understanding the MR signal generated by an object under a quadratic main field or nonlinear encoding...
- Systemic-to-pulmonary collateral flow in patients with palliated univentricular heart physiology: measurement using cardiovascular magnetic resonance 4D velocity acquisitionIsrael Valverde
Division of Imaging Sciences and Biomedical Engineering, King s College London, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre at Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, 4th Floor Lambeth Wing, St, Thomas Hospital, SE1 7EH London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:25. 2012..We sought to validate four-dimensional (4D) velocity acquisition sequence for concise quantification of SPCF and flow distribution in patients with SV...
- Volumetric cardiac quantification by using 3D dual-phase whole-heart MR imagingSergio Uribe
Division of Imaging Sciences, King s College London, BHF Centre, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, England
Radiology 248:606-14. 2008..High correlation values greater than 0.95 were found when these methods were compared, and no significant differences were recognized for stroke, end-systolic, or end-diastolic volumes in either the LV or the RV...
- Whole-heart cine MRI using real-time respiratory self-gatingSergio Uribe
Center for Medical Image Computing, University College London, London, UK
Magn Reson Med 57:606-13. 2007..In addition, ventricular volumetric data obtained using the 3D approach were comparable to those acquired with the conventional multislice 2D approach...
- TRIO a technique for reconstruction using intensity order: application to undersampled MRILeonardo Ramírez
Departamento de Ingeniería Eléctrica and the Biomedical Imaging Center, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 30:1566-76. 2011..Furthermore, TRIO is used as a second stage reconstruction after reconstructing with other techniques, keyhole, sliding window and k-t BLAST, to estimate the order information. In all cases the images are improved by TRIO...
- Embolization of incompetent pelvic veins for the treatment of recurrent varicose veins in lower limbs and pelvic congestion syndromeLuis Meneses
Radiology Department and Biomedical Imaging Center, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Marcoleta 367, Piso 2, Santiago, Chile
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 36:128-32. 2013..In addition, we evaluated the effects of embolization in decreasing the symptoms of VV before surgery as well as its effects on PCS symptoms...
- Assessment of normal flow patterns in the pulmonary circulation by using 4D magnetic resonance velocity mappingPablo Bächler
Biomedical Imaging Center, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Magn Reson Imaging 31:178-88. 2013..The purpose of this study was to analyze flow patterns in the pulmonary circulation of healthy volunteers by using 4D flow magnetic resonance imaging...
- A 3D trajectory for undersampling k-space in MRSI applicationsSergio Uribe
Department of Electrical Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Casilla 306 22, Santiago, Chile
Magn Reson Imaging 25:350-8. 2007..Additionally, the method is tested in regular 3D MRI. This proposed method can also be used for dynamic undersampled imaging...
- Functional cardiac MRI in preterm and term newbornsAlan M Groves
Department of Paediatrics, Hammersmith House, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 96:F86-91. 2011..To use cardiac MRI techniques to assess ventricular function and systemic perfusion in preterm and term newborns, to compare techniques to echocardiographic methods, and to obtain initial reference data...