Affiliation: University of Chile
- Effect of a milk formula with prebiotics on the intestinal microbiota of infants after an antibiotic treatmentOscar Brunser
Laboratory of Ultrastructure, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology INTA, University of Chile, Chile
Pediatr Res 59:451-6. 2006..No gastrointestinal symptoms were detected during the prebiotic administration. Prebiotics in a milk formula increase fecal bifidobacteria early after amoxicillin treatment without inducing gastrointestinal symptoms...
- Effects of probiotic or prebiotic supplemented milk formulas on fecal microbiota composition of infantsOscar Brunser
Ultrastructure Laboratory, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology INTA, University of Chile, J P Alessandri 5540, Santiago, Chile
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 15:368-76. 2006..These results confirm the presence of higher counts of bifidobacteria and lactobacilli in the microbiota of BF infants compared to formula-fed infants before dietary diversification, and that La1 survives in the infant digestive tract...
- [Risk markers for insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and duration of exposure to gluten in celiac patients]Sandra Verbeke
Unidad de Gastroenterologia, División de Nutrición Humana, Instituto de Nutricion y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad de Chile, Macul 5540, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 132:979-84. 2004..During this lapse, anti-islet cell antibodies serve as markers for future disease. This may be related with the duration of the exposure to gluten...
- Probiotic screening and safety evaluation of Lactobacillus strains from plants, artisanal goat cheese, human stools, and breast milkMartin Gotteland
1 Laboratories of Microbiology and Probiotics, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Med Food 17:487-95. 2014..These results contribute to increase the diversity of probiotic strains available for the development of nutraceuticals and functional foods...
- Iron, copper and immunocompetenceCarlos Munoz
INTA, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Br J Nutr 98:S24-8. 2007..Thus, microminerals contribute to the maintenance of the balance between immunity and health in humans...
- Effect of Helicobacter pylori infection on iron absorption in asymptomatic adults consuming wheat flour fortified with iron and zincDaniel Lopez de Romaña
Instituto de Nutricion y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad de Chile, Avenida El Líbano, 5524, Macul, Santiago, Chile
Biol Trace Elem Res 144:1318-26. 2011..3 ± 3.3% vs. 0.3 ± 2.7%, p = 0.11). H. pylori infection has a negative effect on iron absorption in asymptomatic adults consuming iron- and zinc-fortified wheat flour...
- Effect of regular ingestion of Saccharomyces boulardii plus inulin or Lactobacillus acidophilus LB in children colonized by Helicobacter pyloriMartin Gotteland
Laboratory of Microbiology, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Acta Paediatr 94:1747-51. 2005..To evaluate the effect of a probiotic, Lactobacillus acidophilus LB (LB), or a synbiotic, Saccharomyces boulardii plus inulin (SbI), on Helicobacter pylori (Hp) colonization in children...
- Identification of Lactobacillus spp. in colostrum from Chilean mothersCéline Dubos
Lab of Microbiology and Probiotics, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology INTA, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Arch Latinoam Nutr 61:66-8. 2011..33 +/- 0.55 (log CFU/ml). The predominant species were L. plantarum (64%), L. fermentum (16%) and L. pentosus (9%). 28% of the isolated strains were resistant to gastric pH and bile salts, suggesting that they could be used as probiotics...
- Increase of plasma fatty acids without changes in n-6/n-3-PUFA ratio in asymptomatic obese subjectsJerusa Brignardello
Laboratory of Microbiology and Probiotics, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology INTA, Univ of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Arch Latinoam Nutr 61:149-53. 2011..These observations do not support a relation between the ARA/EPA ratio and the presence of low grade inflammation evaluated by plasma usCRP in this group of asymptomatic obese subjects...
- Apple peel polyphenols protect against gastrointestinal mucosa alterations induced by indomethacin in ratsCatalina Carrasco-Pozo
Laboratory of Microbiology and Probiotics, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile, Avenida Macul 5540, P O Box 138 11, Santiago, Chile
J Agric Food Chem 59:6459-66. 2011..This study supports the concept that apple peel polyphenols may be useful in the prevention and/or treatment of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-associated side effects...
- [Tissue anti-transglutaminase antibodies: a better test to detect minor dietary transgressions in celiac patients?]Martin Gotteland
Area de Nutrición Humana y Clínica, Instituto de Nutricion y Tecnologia de los Alimentos INTA, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 131:25-9. 2003..Endomysium antibodies (EMA) do not detect minor dietary transgressions in patients with celiac disease...
- Can the amount of Helicobacter pylori in the stomach be kept low through probiotic intake?Martin Gotteland
Am J Clin Nutr 81:939; aithor reply 939-40. 2005
- Effect of a lactose-free milk formula supplemented with bifidobacteria and streptococci on the recovery from acute diarrhoeaMeng Mao
School of Medicine, The Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 17:30-4. 2008..However, a decrease of rotavirus shedding was observed in infants fed the formula with 10(9) Bb12/g, a finding of probable epidemiological importance in the transmission of this agent...