Affiliation: Independencia 1027
Location: Santiago, Chile
- Urzua U, Best L, Munroe D. Microarray proteomic analysis discriminates tumorigenic mouse ovarian surface epithelial cells of divergent aggressive potential. Mol Biosyst. 2010;6:2521-8 pubmed publisher..The molecular basis accounting for a high aggressive potential not necessarily related to an increased tumor growth capacity is discussed on a pathway-network basis. ..
- Maldonado V, Espinosa M, Pruefer F, Patino N, Ceballos Canciono G, Urzua U, et al. Gene regulation by BCL3 in a cervical cancer cell line. Folia Biol (Praha). 2010;56:183-93 pubmed..We validated STAT3 as a bona fide target of BCL3 by additional interference RNA and in silico analyses of previously reported lymphoma patients. ..
- Urzua U, Owens G, Zhang G, Cherry J, Sharp J, Munroe D. Tumor and reproductive traits are linked by RNA metabolism genes in the mouse ovary: a transcriptome-phenotype association analysis. BMC Genomics. 2010;11 Suppl 5:S1 pubmed publisher..We speculate that repetitive cycling instead of repetitive ovulations represent the actual link between ovarian tumorigenesis and reproductive records. ..
- Mattison K, Corneau N, Berg I, Bosch A, Duizer E, Gutierrez Aguirre I, et al. Development and validation of a microarray for the confirmation and typing of norovirus RT-PCR products. J Virol Methods. 2011;173:233-50 pubmed publisher..0 as a strain typing tool is the difficulty obtaining a long, specific amplicon from all circulating norovirus strains. Data obtained with the longer region AD amplicon provided the best discrimination between norovirus strains. ..
- Urzua U, Ampuero S, Roby K, Owens G, Munroe D. Dysregulation of mitotic machinery genes precedes genome instability during spontaneous pre-malignant transformation of mouse ovarian surface epithelial cells. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:728 pubmed....
- Urzua U, Roby K, Gangi L, Cherry J, Powell J, Munroe D. Transcriptomic analysis of an in vitro murine model of ovarian carcinoma: functional similarity to the human disease and identification of prospective tumoral markers and targets. J Cell Physiol. 2006;206:594-602 pubmed..Taken together, our findings support the utility of MOSE cells in studying ovarian cancer biology and as a source of novel diagnostic and therapeutic targets. ..