Affiliation: Universidad de Chile
- Serotonin transporter polymorphism and fluoxetine effect on impulsiveness and aggression in borderline personality disorderH Silva
Clínica Psiquiátrica Universitaria, Hospital Clinico, Universidad de Chile
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 35:387-92. 2007..This study aims to study these polymorphisms to predict the response of aggressive and impulsive behaviors to SSRIs in borderline personality disorder...
- [Do antidepressants really increase suicide rates in childhood and adolescence?]Hernán Silva
Clínica Psiquiátrica Universitaria, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Concepcion, Chile
Rev Med Chil 135:1195-201. 2007..It is not possible to ascribe a direct responsibility to antidepressants, because depression, by definition, has suicidal ideation. On the contrary, the reduction of suicidal rates supports the effectiveness of these medications...
- [Gender-related differences in functional assessment of serotonergic system in healthy young subjects]H Silva
Clínica Psiquiátrica de la Universidad de Chile Santiago Chile
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 36:218-22. 2008..Prolactin stimulation test with serotonergic stimulants has been widely used in the study of diverse psychiatric disorders. However, the characterization of this response in normal subjects is still incomplete...
- Fluoxetine response in impulsive-aggressive behavior and serotonin transporter polymorphism in personality disorderHernán Silva
Psychiatric Clinic of University of Chile, Santiago de Chile, Chile
Psychiatr Genet 20:25-30. 2010..Several studies of major depression have shown that the l allele of 5-HTTLPR is associated with better SSRI antidepressant effects than the s allele...
- Planning in borderline personality disorder: evidence for distinct subpopulationsM Leonor Bustamante
Personality Disorders Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, Clinical Hospital of the University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:512-7. 2009..Borderline personality disorder is a severe mental disorder, whereas previous studies suggest executive functions may be impaired. The aim of this study was to evaluate executive planning in a sample of 85 individuals...
- Molecular mechanisms underlying glutamatergic dysfunction in schizophrenia: therapeutic implicationsPablo A Gaspar
Clínica Psiquiátrica Universitaria, Hospital Clinico de la Universidad de Chile, Casilla, Santiago, Chile
J Neurochem 111:891-900. 2009..Therefore, in our view metabotropic glutamate receptors constitute a highly promising target for future drug treatment in this disease...
- [Acquired characteristics of porphyria cutanea tarda in patients infected with hepatitis C virus]C Wolff
Departamento de Medicina Occidente, Universidad de Chile, Hospital San Juan de Dios, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 126:245-50. 1998..There is a high prevalence of hepatitis C virus infection in patients with PCT, specially in those without family history of the disease...
- [Clinical and psychometric diagnosis of depression in patients in general medicine]A Ruiz
Departamento de Psiquiatria y Salud Mental, Facultad de Medicina, División Norte, Universidad de Chile
Rev Med Chil 129:627-33. 2001..The Hamilton scale, applied by an external evaluator and the self rating Beck inventory for depression, can give discrepant results in psychiatric patients with depression...
- Early response to venlafaxine antidepressant correlates with lower ACTH levels prior to pharmacological treatmentA V Araya
Clinic Hospital, Universidad de Chile, Chile
Endocrine 30:289-98. 2006..The differences in clinical response to venlafaxine among depressive patients seem to be related to endocrinological parameters...