Affiliation: Universidad de Los Andes
- Darwin's illness: a final diagnosisFernando Orrego
Origin of Living Beings, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de Los Andes, Santiago 6782468, Chile
Notes Rec R Soc Lond 61:23-9. 2007..It apparently does not explain, however, many of his cutaneous symptoms. We do not support other diagnoses such as Chagas' disease, lactose intolerance or the many psychiatric conditions that have been postulated...
- Epilepsy-induced changes in signaling systems of human and rat postsynaptic densitiesUrsula Wyneken
Laboratorio de Neurociencias, Universidad de los, Santiago, Chile
Epilepsia 44:243-6. 2003..To study seizure-induced changes in signaling proteins present in postsynaptic densities (PSDs) isolated from human epileptic neocortex and from rat cortex in which seizures were induced by injection of kainic acid...
- Electrophysiology and plasticity in isolated postsynaptic densitiesUrsula Wyneken
Laboratorio de Neurociencias, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Los Andes, San Carlos de Apoquindo 2200, Las Condes, Santiago 6782468, Chile
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 47:54-70. 2004..The experimental approach we present will allow us to test the functional consequence of activation of the multiple signal transduction pathways thought to regulate excitatory neurotransmission in the adult CNS...
- Protein kinase CK2 in postsynaptic densities: phosphorylation of PSD-95/SAP90 and NMDA receptor regulationDagoberto Soto
Neuroscience Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de Los Andes, Santiago 6782468, Chile
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 322:542-50. 2004..These results suggest that postsynaptic NMDAR regulation by CK2 is mediated by indirect mechanisms possibly involving PSD-95/SAP90...
- Status epilepticus induces region-specific changes in dendritic spines, dendritic length and TrkB protein content of rat brain cortexEstibaliz Ampuero
Neuroscience Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de Los Andes, Santiago, Chile
Brain Res 1150:225-38. 2007..The global decrease of TrkB within the neocortex and the associated dendritic atrophy may counteract seizure propagation in the epileptic brain but may also underlie cognitive impairment after seizures...
- Clinically relevant doses of fluoxetine and reboxetine induce changes in the TrkB content of central excitatory synapsesUrsula Wyneken
Neuroscience Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de Los Andes, Casilla, Santiago, Chile
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:2415-23. 2006..This positive feedback mechanism may help explain the time-lag between drug administration and its therapeutic effect, that is, the antidepressant drug paradox...