Affiliation: Section of Endourology and Laparoscopic Urology
- [Congenital adrenal hyperplasia causing male infertility. Report of one case]Enzo Devoto C
Sección Endocrinología, Servicio de Medicina, Hospital Clinico San Borja Arriaran, Chile
Rev Med Chil 139:1060-5. 2011..Spontaneous paternity was achieved twice. It must be remembered that in cases of azoospermia due to congenital adrenal hyperplasia, testosterone produced by adrenal glands hinders the laboratory diagnosis of HH...
- [Favorable reproductive and menstrual evolution in adult women, who presented in the adolescence, menstrual disturbances by hypothalamic dysfunction and lack of response to clomiphene]Enzo Devoto
Sección Endocrinología, Departamento de Medicina, Hospital Clinico San Borja Arriaran, Facultad de Medicina Campus Centro, Universidad de Chile, Santiago de Chile
Rev Med Chil 130:745-52. 2002..A lack of ovulatory response to the administration of clomiphene can be a sign of bad prognosis in hypothalamic dysfunction...
- [Effectiveness of flutamide alone or combined with oral contraceptives in the treatment of hirsutism in women]Enzo Devoto
Facultad de Medicina de la Universidad de Chile, Campus Central, Servicio de Medicina, Sección Endocrinología, Hospital Clinico San Borja Arriaran, Santiago de Chile
Rev Med Chil 132:845-52. 2004..Flutamide is an antiandrogen devoid of other hormonal effects, except for a decrease in the secretion of adrenal androgens such as dehydroepidandrosterone sulphate (DHEA-s) and androstenedione...
- [Etiological study of gynecomastia: results of a prospective study and recommendations]Enzo Devoto C
Sección Endocrinología, Servicio de Medicina, Hospital Clinico San Borja Arriaran, Departamento de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina, Campus Centro, Santiago, Universidad de Chile
Rev Med Chil 135:189-97. 2007..Other authors suggest that this condition should be studied when it is painful, rapidly growing, of recent onset, when its diameter is more than 4 cm and when is associated to testicular masses...
- [Influence of size and duration of gynecomastia on its response to treatment with tamoxifen]Enzo Devoto C
Sección Endocrinología, Servicio de Medicina, Hospital Clinico San Borja Arriaran, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 135:1558-65. 2007..It is treated with the antiestrogenic drug tamoxifen, but there are doubts about its effectiveness in high volume gynecomastias or in those lasting more than two years...