- [Pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009: epidemiology, clinical features and differences with seasonal influenza in Chile]Ricardo Rabagliati B
División de Pediatría, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Chile
Rev Chilena Infectol 28:546-53. 2011..Pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 raised questions regarding differences with seasonal influenza...
- Older age does not influence CD4 cell recovery in HIV-1 infected patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyMario Tumbarello
Department of Infectious Diseases, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 4:46. 2004..Interestingly, older age did not seem to significantly affect the long-term virological outcome of HAART treated subjects...
- [Etiology of febrile neutropenia episodes among cancer patients from Hospital Clinico Universidad Catolica, Santiago-Chile]Ricardo Rabagliati B
Departamento de Hematología Oncología, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Chile
Rev Chilena Infectol 26:106-13. 2009..The surveillance of febrile neutropenia (FN) episodes in every center allows adapt the antibiotic therapy guidelines to local epidemiology...
- [Influenza-A as etiology of fever and respiratory insufficiency in adults hospitalized during an outbreak in Chile]Ricardo Rabagliati
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Facultad de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 132:317-24. 2004..Influenza-A (IA) occurs every winter, is mostly observed among outpatients...
- [Clinical and epidemiological characteristics of respiratory virus infections among adults hospitalized during 2004 influenza season]Ricardo Rabagliati B
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Chilena Infectol 23:111-7. 2006....
- [Necrotizing pneumonia due to Rhodococcus equi in non HIV immunocompromised host. Case report and review]Ricardo Rabagliati
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Escuela de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Rev Chilena Infectol 22:155-60. 2005..She received prolonged bi-associated antibiotic treatment with good clinical and radiological response. This agent must be considered in the study of immunocompromised patients that present with a prolonged evolution of pneumonia...
- [Invasive fungal disease in hemato-oncological and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation patients from Hospital Clinico Universidad Católica, Santiago-Chile using revised EORTC/MSG diagnostic criteria]Ricardo Rabagliati B
Departamento de Hematología Oncología, Facultad de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Chilena Infectol 26:212-9. 2009..Our aim was to describe the IFD occurring in our H-O and HSCT patients according to the EORTC/MSG revised criteria...
- [Cutaneous tuberculosis: two case reports and review]Marcela Concha R
Departamento de Dermatologia, Facultad de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Chilena Infectol 28:262-8. 2011..We emphasize the difficulty in diagnosis and classification of this disease and briefly discuss on the different diagnostic and therapeutic approaches...
- [Hepatitis B, C, Treponema pallidum and Toxoplasma gondii co-infections in HIV infected patients]Carlos Pérez C
Departamento Medicina Interna, Pontifica Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 137:641-8. 2009..Some infections share common modes of transmission with HIV and have the potential to change the course of the latter...
- Successful treatment of Nocardia asteroides peritonitis in a patient undergoing automated peritoneal dialysis and receiving immunosuppressive therapyAna M Ortiz
Department of Nephrology, P Catholic University, Santiago, Chile
Adv Perit Dial 21:66-8. 2005..The combination of amikacin and TMP-SMX may be safe and effective in APD patients who develop N. asteroides peritonitis...
- Pandemic influenza A (H1N1) in HIV-1-infected patientsCarlos M Perez
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
AIDS 24:2867-9. 2010..To characterize the clinical presentation, course and mortality of pandemic influenza in HIV-1-infected patients in Santiago, Chile...
- Endemic scrub typhus-like illness, ChileM Elvira Balcells
School of Medicine, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Emerg Infect Dis 17:1659-63. 2011..The molecular analysis suggests that the infectious agent is closely related, although not identical, to members of the Orientia sp. from Asia...
- [Prevalence of tuberculosis and its impact on mortality among HIV infected patients in Chile]Luis Villarroel
Departamento de Salud Publica, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Chile
Rev Med Chil 136:578-86. 2008..Tuberculosis (TB) in Chile is reaching the elimination phase; however, in HIV positive individuals the incidence of TB in still very high...
- [Cat-scratch disease. Review of eight adult patients hospitalized for fever or adenopathy]Gonzalo Eymin
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Hospital Clinico, Facultad de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 134:1243-8. 2006..Cat-scratch disease is common among children. Among adults the disease is less often considered in the differential diagnosis of enlarged lymph nodes and fever...
- [Utility of real time polymerase chain reaction in the diagnosis of respiratory syncytial virus infection among adult patients]Ricardo Rabagliati
Programa de Enfermedades Infecciosas del adulto, Departamento de Medicina Interna, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Chilena Infectol 24:441-5. 2007..Aim: To assess the impact of real time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (real time RT-PCR) technique in RSV diagnosis in adult hospitalized patients; to characterize RSV infection among these patients...
- Streptococcus viridans-associated peritonitis after gastroscopyEduardo Machuca
Department of Nephrology, P Catholic University, Santiago, Chile
Adv Perit Dial 21:60-2. 2005..Patients receiving peritoneal dialysis who undergo esophagogastroduodenal endoscopy are at risk to develop peritonitis, and so antibiotic prophylaxis is desirable...
- Stenotrophomonas maltophilia peritonitis in a patient receiving automated peritoneal dialysisEduardo Machuca
Department of Nephrology, P. Catholic University, Santiago, Chile
Adv Perit Dial 21:63-5. 2005..maltophilia. The patient received trimethoprim 320 mg and sulfamethoxazole 1600 mg for 6 weeks, plus amikacin 200 mg for 14 days. She recovered completely, with no need for catheter removal. No recurrence was observed...