- A link between the North Atlantic Oscillation and measles dynamics during the vaccination period in England and WalesMauricio Lima
Center for Advanced Studies in Ecology and Biodiversity CASEB, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Casilla 114 D, Santiago, Chile
Ecol Lett 12:302-14. 2009..The analysis of annual data on infectious diseases may be useful for detecting long-term effects of climate and complements the classical analyses and modeling based on monthly or seasonal time-step data...
- Population dynamics of a South American rodent: seasonal structure interacting with climate, density dependence and predator effectsMauricio Lima
Center for Advanced Studies in Ecology and Biodiversity, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, PO Box 114 D, Santiago CP 6513677, Chile
Proc Biol Sci 269:2579-86. 2002..Assuming such interactions to be typical of ecological systems, we conclude that appropriate predictions of the ecological consequences of climate change will depend on having an in-depth understanding of the community-weather system...
- Chihuahuan Desert kangaroo rats: nonlinear effects of population dynamics, competition, and rainfallMauricio Lima
Center for Advanced Studies in Ecology and Biodiversity, Pontificia Universidad Catdlica de Chile, Casilla 114 D, Santiago CP 6513677, Chile
Ecology 89:2594-603. 2008..We hypothesized that summer rainfall influences the carrying capacity of the environment by affecting seed availability and the intensity of intraspecific competition...
- Locust plagues, climate variation, and the rhythms of natureMauricio Lima
Center for Advanced Studies in Ecology and Biodiversity, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Casilla 114-D, Santiago CP 6513677, Chile
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15972-3. 2007
- Northern Atlantic Oscillation effects on the temporal and spatial dynamics of green spruce aphid populations in the UKSilverio Saldaña
Center for Advances Studies in Ecology and Biodiversity, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Casilla 114 D, Santiago CP 6513677, Chile
J Anim Ecol 76:782-9. 2007....
- Climate effects and feedback structure determining weed population dynamics in a long-term experimentMauricio Lima
Center for Advanced Studies in Ecology and Biodiversity, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
PLoS ONE 7:e30569. 2012..This is a radical change from most approaches currently used to guide weed and invasive weedy species managements...
- Population dynamics of small mammals in semi-arid regions: a comparative study of demographic variability in two rodent speciesMauricio Lima
Center for Advanced Studies in Ecology and Biodiversity, , PO Box 114-D, Santiago CP 6513677, Chile
Proc Biol Sci 270:1997-2007. 2003..In sum, we demonstrate through this comparative study that much is to be learnt from studying the dynamics of fluctuating small rodents-a focal issue within much of population ecology...
- Detecting the order of population dynamics from time series: nonlinearity causes spurious diagnosisAlan Berryman
Emeritus Professor, Departments of Entomology and Natural Resource Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA
Ecology 88:2121-3. 2007..Causes and a possible solution are discussed...
- Deciphering the effects of climate on animal populations: diagnostic analysis provides new interpretation of Soay sheep dynamicsAlan Berryman
Department of Entomology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA
Am Nat 168:784-95. 2006....
- Review article. Studying climate effects on ecology through the use of climate indices: the North Atlantic Oscillation, El Niño Southern Oscillation and beyondNils Chr Stenseth
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis, Department of Biology, University of Oslo, PO Box 1050 Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
Proc Biol Sci 270:2087-96. 2003....
- Ecological effects of climate fluctuationsNils Chr Stenseth
Department of Biology, Division of Zoology, University of Oslo, Post Office Box 1050 Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
Science 297:1292-6. 2002..We review how two of the best-known climate phenomena-the North Atlantic Oscillation and the El Niño-Southern Oscillation-affect ecological patterns and processes in both marine and terrestrial systems...