H J Lacassie
- [Impact on the implementation of patient controlled epidural analgesia for pain management during labor. A survey in a university hospital in Chile]H J Lacassie
Facultad de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 60:23-8. 2013..We describe the perception of the several professionals involved in the medical care of patients in labor in terms of effectiveness, usefulness, satisfaction, and safety...
- The relative motor blocking potencies of epidural bupivacaine and ropivacaine in laborHector J Lacassie
Anesthesiology Department, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Marcoleta 367, 3rd Floor, Santiago, Chile
Anesth Analg 95:204-8, table of contents. 2002..66 (95% CI, 0.52-0.82). This is the first MLAC study to estimate the motor blocking potencies of bupivacaine and ropivacaine. Ropivacaine was significantly less potent for motor block, at 66% that of bupivacaine...
- The relative motor blocking potencies of bupivacaine and levobupivacaine in laborHector J Lacassie
Anesthesiology Department, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Anesth Analg 97:1509-13. 2003..77-0.98). This is the first study to estimate the motor-blocking potency ratio of bupivacaine and levobupivacaine in labor. This study demonstrates that the S-enantiomer of bupivacaine is less potent at motor block than the racemate...
- Reversible nitrous oxide myelopathy and a polymorphism in the gene encoding 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductaseH J Lacassie
Department of Anesthesiology and Department of Neurology, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Br J Anaesth 96:222-5. 2006..Soon after initiating supplementary therapy with folic acid and vitamin B(12), the neurological symptoms subsided...
- Motor blocking minimum local anesthetic concentrations of bupivacaine, levobupivacaine, and ropivacaine in laborHector J Lacassie
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 32:323-9. 2007....
- [Epidural and subarachnoid anesthesia and analgesia in adults: an update]H J Lacassie
Departamento de Anestesiologia, Facultad de Medicina Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 55:418-25. 2008..We present an update of the latest advances in clinical management and images of the most commonly used neuraxial techniques in epidural, subarachnoid, and combined spinal-epidural anesthesia and analgesia...
- Dural ectasia: a likely cause of inadequate spinal anaesthesia in two parturients with Marfan's syndromeH J Lacassie
Department of Anaesthesiology, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Marcoleta 367, Santiago 833 0024, Chile
Br J Anaesth 94:500-4. 2005..This was possibly because of dural ectasia, which was confirmed by a computed tomography scan in both cases...
- A randomized, prospective double-blind comparison of the efficacy of generic propofol (sulphite additive) with diprivanA J Olufolabi
Duke University Medical Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Women s Anaesthesia Research Group, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Eur J Anaesthesiol 23:341-5. 2006....