Cristian Gallardo Escárate
- Chovar Vera O, Valenzuela MuÃ±oz V, Gallardo EscÃ¡rate C. Molecular characterization of collagen IV evidences early transcription expression related to the immune response against bacterial infection in the red abalone (Haliotis rufescens). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;42:241-8 pubmed publisher..The results obtained in this study propose a putative biological function for collagen IV involved in the early innate immune response of the red abalone H. rufescens. ..
- Maldonado Aguayo W, Lafarga De La Cruz F, Gallardo EscÃ¡rate C. Identification and expression of antioxidant and immune defense genes in the surf clam Mesodesma donacium challenged with Vibrio anguillarum. Mar Genomics. 2015;19:65-73 pubmed publisher..05). These results suggest that superoxide dismutase, catalase, ferritin and filamin, could be contributing to the innate immune response of M. donacium against the pathogen V. anguillarum. ..
- Valenzuela Muñoz V, Valenzuela Miranda D, Gallardo Escárate C. Comparative analysis of long non-coding RNAs in Atlantic and Coho salmon reveals divergent transcriptome responses associated with immunity and tissue repair during sea lice infestation. Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;87:36-50 pubmed publisher..This study revealed high regulation of lncRNAs closely localized to immune and tissue repair-related genes in Atlantic and Coho salmon, respectively, suggesting putative roles for lncRNAs in salmon against sea lice infestation. ..
- Tapia F, Gallardo EscÃ¡rate C. Spatio-temporal transcriptome analysis in the marine snail Tegula atra along central-northern Chile (28-31Â°S). Mar Genomics. 2015;23:61-5 pubmed publisher..This transcriptome response or "frontloading" strategy can significantly increase the speed of response to thermal stress, and also be a relevant molecular underpinning to explain the genomic diversity along the Chilean coast. ..
- Valenzuela Miranda D, Cabrejos M, YaÃ±ez J, Gallardo EscÃ¡rate C. From the viral perspective: infectious salmon anemia virus (ISAV) transcriptome during the infective process in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Mar Genomics. 2015;20:39-43 pubmed publisher..This study offers a more comprehensive approach regarding the ISAV infective process and gives novel knowledge for its molecular detection. ..
- Valenzuela Miranda D, Gallardo Escárate C, Valenzuela Muñoz V, Farlora R, Gajardo G. Sex-dependent transcriptome analysis and single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) discovery in the brine shrimp Artemia franciscana. Mar Genomics. 2014;18PB:151-154 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, 221 and 534 putative SNPs were identified exclusively in males and females, respectively. These results will build the foundation for further genomic studies in A. franciscana. ..
- NÃºÃ±ez AcuÃ±a G, GonÃ§alves A, Valenzuela MuÃ±oz V, Pino Marambio J, Wadsworth S, Gallardo EscÃ¡rate C. Transcriptome immunomodulation of in-feed additives in Atlantic salmon Salmo salar infested with sea lice Caligus rogercresseyi. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;47:450-60 pubmed publisher..This is the first published study that evaluates the transcriptomic response of sea lice-infested Atlantic salmon fed with in-feed additives. ..
- Boltaña S, Chávez Mardones J, Valenzuela Muñoz V, Gallardo Escárate C. Evidence for the Induction of Key Components of the NOTCH Signaling Pathway via Deltamethrin and Azamethiphos Treatment in the Sea Louse Caligus rogercresseyi. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..rogercresseyi resulting from the frequent use of organophosphates and pyrethroids. ..
- Núñez Acuña G, Boltaña S, Gallardo Escárate C. Pesticides Drive Stochastic Changes in the Chemoreception and Neurotransmission System of Marine Ectoparasites. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..These data suggest possible new targets for xenobiotic drugs that play key roles in the delousing effects of antiparasitics in sea lice. ..
- Vera Bizama F, Valenzuela MuÃ±oz V, GonÃ§alves A, Marambio J, Hawes C, Wadsworth S, et al. Transcription expression of immune-related genes from Caligus rogercresseyi evidences host-dependent patterns on Atlantic and coho salmon. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;47:725-31 pubmed publisher..This study evidences transcriptome differences between two salmon host species and provides pivotal knowledge towards elaborating future control strategies. ..
- Farlora R, Valenzuela Muñoz V, Chávez Mardones J, Gallardo Escárate C. Aquaporin family genes exhibit developmentally-regulated and host-dependent transcription patterns in the sea louse Caligus rogercresseyi. Gene. 2016;585:119-127 pubmed publisher..The observed differences in the regulation of aquaporin genes may reveal osmoregulatory adaptations associated with nutrient ingestion and metabolite waste export, exposing complex host-parasite relationships in C. rogercresseyi. ..
- ChÃ¡vez Mardones J, Gallardo EscÃ¡rate C. Next-Generation Transcriptome Profiling of the Salmon Louse Caligus rogercresseyi Exposed to Deltamethrin (AlphaMaxâ„¢): Discovery of Relevant Genes and Sex-Related Differences. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2015;17:793-810 pubmed publisher..The present study reveals that deltamethrin generates a complex transcriptome response in C. rogercresseyi, thus providing valuable genomic information for developing new delousing drugs. ..
- Valenzuela MuÃ±oz V, Gallardo EscÃ¡rate C. Transcriptome mining: Multigene panel to test delousing drug response in the sea louse Caligus rogercresseyi. Mar Genomics. 2016;25:103-113 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a multigene panel to test delousing drug response to pyrethroids and organophosphates in a highly prevalent pathogen of the Chilean salmon industry. ..
- Boltaña S, Sanchez M, Valenzuela V, Gallardo Escárate C. Density-dependent effects of Caligus rogercresseyi infestation on the immune responses of Salmo salar. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;59:365-374 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the molecular signatures for distinct parasitic loads, providing new perspectives towards fully understanding parasite-host interactions. ..
- Valenzuela Miranda D, Gallardo Escárate C. Novel insights into the response of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) to Piscirickettsia salmonis: Interplay of coding genes and lncRNAs during bacterial infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;59:427-438 pubmed publisher..These results represent the first comprehensive study of putative interplaying mechanisms of coding and non-coding RNAs during bacterial infection in salmonids. ..
- Valenzuela Muñoz V, Gallardo Escárate C. Iron metabolism modulation in Atlantic salmon infested with the sea lice Lepeophtheirus salmonis and Caligus rogercresseyi: A matter of nutritional immunity?. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;60:97-102 pubmed publisher..salmonis than C. rogercresseyi. Feeding behavior, for instance haematophagy, of the infesting sea lice species in relation to iron modulation is discussed. ..
- Valenzuela MuÃ±oz V, Sturm A, Gallardo EscÃ¡rate C. Transcriptomic insights on the ABC transporter gene family in the salmon louse Caligus rogercresseyi. Parasit Vectors. 2015;8:209 pubmed publisher..This genomic information represents a valuable tool for pest management in the Chilean salmon aquaculture industry. ..
- Farlora R, Araya Garay J, Gallardo Escárate C. Discovery of sex-related genes through high-throughput transcriptome sequencing from the salmon louse Caligus rogercresseyi. Mar Genomics. 2014;15:85-93 pubmed publisher..This transcriptome dataset provides a useful resource for future functional analyses, opening new opportunities for sea lice pest control. ..
- Valenzuela MuÃ±oz V, Novoa B, Figueras A, Gallardo EscÃ¡rate C. Modulation of Atlantic salmon miRNome response to sea louse infestation. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;76:380-391 pubmed publisher..This study contributes knowledge about the immune response of Atlantic salmon during infestation with sea lice. ..
- Boltaña S, Castellana B, Goetz G, Tort L, Teles M, Mulero V, et al. Extending Immunological Profiling in the Gilthead Sea Bream, Sparus aurata, by Enriched cDNA Library Analysis, Microarray Design and Initial Studies upon the Inflammatory Response to PAMPs. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..We have developed and validated an oligonucleotide microarray (SAQ) that provides a platform enriched for the study of gene expression in S. aurata with an emphasis upon immunity and the immune response. ..
- Vorphal M, Gallardo Escárate C, Valenzuela Muñoz V, Dagnino Leone J, Vásquez J, Martinez Oyanedel J, et al. De novo transcriptome analysis of the red seaweed Gracilaria chilensis and identification of linkers associated with phycobilisomes. Mar Genomics. 2017;31:17-19 pubmed publisher..chilensis. This resource will also provide the basis for the study of metabolic pathways related to polysaccharide production. ..
- Valenzuela Muñoz V, Boltaña S, Gallardo Escárate C. Comparative immunity of Salmo salar and Oncorhynchus kisutch during infestation with the sea louse Caligus rogercresseyi: An enrichment transcriptome analysis. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;59:276-287 pubmed publisher..Additionally, putative roles of TLRs in salmonids against sea lice were evidenced. This study is the first comparative transcriptome analysis that reveals species-specific immune responses in salmons infected with C. rogercresseyi. ..
- Valenzuela Miranda D, BoltaÃ±a S, Cabrejos M, YÃ¡Ã±ez J, Gallardo EscÃ¡rate C. High-throughput transcriptome analysis of ISAV-infected Atlantic salmon Salmo salar unravels divergent immune responses associated to head-kidney, liver and gills tissues. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;45:367-77 pubmed publisher