- Spinal radiological findings in nine patients with spontaneous intracranial hypotension
Department of Neuroradiology, Istituto Nazionale Neurologico C Besta, Milan, Italy
Neuroradiology 44:143-50; discussion 151-2. 2002
..Radioisotope cisternography is probably the most sensitive examination for documenting the leakage of CSF out of the subarachnoid space; myelo-CT may precisely demonstrate the point of the CSF fistula, whereas MRI may only suggest it...
- Diagnostic imaging in 13 cases of Rasmussen's encephalitis: can early MRI suggest the diagnosis?
Department of Neuroradiology, Istituto Nazionale Neurologico C Besta, Via Celoria 11, 20133 Milano, Italy
Neuroradiology 45:171-83. 2003
..Early diagnosis of RE may be crucial for selecting patients for aggressive medical therapy or major surgical interventions such as hemispherectomy...
- Rasmussen's encephalitis: early characteristics allow diagnosis
Division of Child Neurology, Istituto Nazionale Neurologico C Besta, Milan, Italy
Neurology 60:422-5. 2003
..To identify early manifestations of Rasmussen encephalitis (RE) that can prompt early and reasonably secure diagnosis, allowing medical or surgical therapies at an early stage when they may be more effective in slowing the disease...
- Headache and spontaneous low cerebrospinal fluid pressure syndrome
Istituto Neurologico Carlo Besta, Via Celoria 11, I 20133, Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 28:S232-4. 2007
..All SIH patients suffered from headache. Early recognition of SIH may avoid dangerous worsening due to delayed diagnosis. Orthostatic headache, the main symptom, suggests the diagnosis...
- Application of IHS criteria to headache attributed to spontaneous intracranial hypotension in a large population
Headache Centre, Neurological Department, corrected Neurological Institute, C Besta Foundation, Milan, Italy
Cephalalgia 29:418-22. 2009
..Excluding the requirement for response to epidural blood patch (criterion D) and considering headaches appearing within 2 h of sitting or standing up would capture more patients...
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis with neurological presentation: MRI findings and a nearly miss diagnosis
Department of Neuroradiology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Neurologico Carlo Besta, Via Celoria 11, 20133 Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 32:473-7. 2011
..Bone marrow transplantation was performed. The early diagnosis of HLH may be life saving. Awareness of the disease is necessary to investigate its characteristic findings, thus avoiding a delay in diagnosis...
- Clinical features and outcomes in spontaneous intracranial hypotension: a survey of 90 consecutive patients
Department of Neurology and Headache Centre, Fondazione Istituto Nazionale Neurologico Carlo Besta, Via Celoria 11, 20133, Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 30:S11-3. 2009
- Headache and intracranial hypotension: neuroradiological findings
Department of Neuroradiology, National Neurological Institute C Besta, Via Celoria 11, I 20133 Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 25:S138-41. 2004
..Neuroimaging studies are, therefore, essential for suggesting and confirming the diagnosis...
- Treatment of alterations in CSF dynamics
Neurological Institute C Besta IRCCS Foundation, Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 32:S117-20. 2011
..The most relevant clinical features, the expected MRI findings, and the therapeutic options regarding both conditions are discussed...
- The "eye-of-the-tiger" sign may be absent in the early stages of classic pantothenate kinase associated neurodegeneration
Department of Neuroradiology, IRCCS Neurological Institute Carlo Besta, Milano, Italy
Neuropediatrics 42:159-62. 2011
..Our 2 cases demonstrate that the observation of a normal globus pallidus in the early stage of the disease does not exclude the diagnosis of classic PKAN...
- Iatrogenic intracranial pseudoaneurysms: neuroradiological and therapeutical considerations, including endovascular options
E F M Ciceri
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, Istituto Nazionale Neurologico C Besta, Via Celoria 11, I 20133 Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 27:317-22. 2006
..Endovascular treatment of pseudoaneurysms represents a safe and durable procedure, specifically in those cases in which damage to the carotid siphon occurred during TS surgery...
- Can MR imaging diagnose adult-onset Alexander disease?
Department of Neuroradiology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Neurologico C Besta, Milan, Italy
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1190-6. 2008
..The purpose of this study was to demonstrate that MR imaging allows identification of cases of AD with adult onset (AOAD), which are remarkably different from infantile cases...
- Intracranial idiopathic hypertension: 1-year follow-up study
Neurological Institute C Besta, IRCCS Foundation, Via Celoria 11, 20133, Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 35:177-9. 2014
..These findings may be relevant for future research as far as understanding the role of different clinical and instrumental findings as diagnostic items as well as predictors of outcome in IIH...
- Neurological pictures. Adult-onset leukoencephalopathy with calcifications associated with primary antiphospholipid syndrome
Division of Biochemistry and Genetics, IRCCS Foundation, Carlo Besta Neurological Institute, Milan, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:1215-7. 2008
- Diffusion tensor imaging shows different topographic involvement of the thalamus in progressive supranuclear palsy and corticobasal degeneration
Department of Neuroradiology, IRCCS Istituto Neurologico Carlo Besta, Via Celoria 11, Milan, Italy
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 30:1482-7. 2009
..This study was performed to determine whether DTI may demonstrate microstructural differences between PSP and CBD, particularly within the thalamus and its cortical connections...
- Imaging and outcome in severe complications of lumbar epidural anaesthesia: report of 16 cases
Department of Neuroradiology, Istituto Nazionale Neurologico C Besta, Milano, Italy
Neuroradiology 42:564-71. 2000
..Awareness of the possibility of delayed complications is important...
- POEMS syndrome: relapse after successful autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation
Division of Biochemistry and Genetics, IRCCS Foundation, C Besta Neurological Institute, Milan, Italy
Neuromuscul Disord 17:980-2. 2007
..Seven years later, she relapsed and a new sclerotic bone lesion was found. To our knowledge, this is the first POEMS syndrome relapse after successful auto-PBSCT...
- Persistent fixed torticollis due to Atlanto-axial rotatory fixation: report of 4 pediatric cases
Department of Neuroradiology, National Neurological Institute C Besta, Milano, Italy
Neuropediatrics 36:45-9. 2005
..AARF must be considered in all the patients with persistent painful torticollis...
- Hyperhomocysteinemia and other thrombophilic risk factors in 26 patients with cerebral venous thrombosis
Department of Neurology, Istituto Nazionale Neurologico Carlo Besta, Milan, Italy
Eur J Neurol 11:405-9. 2004
..Our findings indicate that hyper-Hcy is associated with an increased risk of CVT. Additional prospective cohort studies on large series of patients are required to clarify the time relationship between hyper-Hcy and the thrombotic event...
- Spontaneous CSF leak treated with percutaneous CT-guided fibrin glue
Neurology 66:782. 2006
- Spontaneous low cerebrospinal pressure: a mini review
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
Neurol Sci 25:S135-7. 2004
..Treatment of SIH headache should start with conservative, non-invasive therapies while epidural blood patch has emerged as the treatment of choice for those symptomatic patients who have failed medical noninvasive approaches...