- Event-related potentials associated with second language learning in children
Cognitive Brain Research Unit, Department of Psychology, P O Box 9, University of Helsinki, Helsinki FIN 00014, Finland
Clin Neurophysiol 114:1507-12. 2003
..In this study, we investigated learning-related changes in auditory event-related potentials (ERPs) of Finnish-speaking 3-6-year-old children caused by learning French language...
- Mismatch negativity shows that 3-6-year-old children can learn to discriminate non-native speech sounds within two months
Language and the Developing Brain Laboratory, Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Neurosci Lett 325:187-90. 2002
..Accordingly, these data herald the vast potential MMN may entail for studying language learning, especially in situations where behavioral responses cannot be readily elicited...
- Electric brain responses obtained from newborn infants to changes in duration in complex harmonic tones
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, P O Box 248185, Coral Gables, FL 33124, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 22:471-9. 2002
..This result is consistent with previous findings. The MMN amplitude, however, was surprisingly large in infants compared to older children...
- Infant speech perception activates Broca's area: a developmental magnetoencephalography study
Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Neuroreport 17:957-62. 2006
..The activation patterns observed in the superior temporal and inferior frontal regions provide initial evidence for the developmental emergence early in life of a perceptual-motor link for speech perception that may depend on experience...
- Wiener filter deconvolution of overlapping evoked potentials
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, FL 33124, United States
J Neurosci Methods 158:260-70. 2006
..The results are comparable to responses obtained by conventional and Maximum Length Sequence (MLS) methods...
- Magnetoencephalography is feasible for infant assessment of auditory discrimination
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124 0751, USA
Exp Neurol 190:S44-51. 2004
..Our findings indicate that with the use of these new analysis routines, MEG will prove to be a very useful and more accessible experimental technique among pediatric populations...
- Mismatch negativity and late discriminative negativity in sleeping human newborns
Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, University of Turku, Assistentinkatu 7, 20014 Turku, Finland
Neurosci Lett 340:75-8. 2003
..These results suggest functional differences between infant and adult sleep...