- The correlation of adhesions and peritoneal fluid cytokine concentrations: a pilot study
Y C Cheong
Section of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, The Jessop Wing, Central Sheffield University Hospitals, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Hum Reprod 17:1039-45. 2002
..CONCLUSIONS: Results from this preliminary study suggest that future treatment strategies for adhesion prevention could be aimed at the control of cellular mediators in the peritoneal fluid during the initial adhesion formation period...
- Peritoneal closure--to close or not to close
Y C Cheong
The Jessop Hospital for Women, Leavygreave Road, Sheffield S3 7RE, UK
Hum Reprod 16:1548-52. 2001
..More studies are needed to examine the long-term morbidity associated with the closure or the non-closure of the peritoneum...
- Peritoneal healing and adhesion formation/reformation
Y C Cheong
The Jessop Hospital for Women, Sheffield, UK
Hum Reprod Update 7:556-66. 2001
..The potential sources of variability and error are examined. It is still unclear if there is significant individual variation in the peritoneal response to injury...
- IL-1, IL-6 and TNF-alpha concentrations in the peritoneal fluid of women with pelvic adhesions
Y C Cheong
The Jessop Wing, Central Sheffield University Hospitals, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield, S10 2PS, UK
Hum Reprod 17:69-75. 2002
..The three pro-inflammatory cytokines interleukin (IL)-1, IL-6 and tumour necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha are involved in adhesion formation/reformation...
- Peritoneal fluid concentrations of matrix metalloproteinase-9, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1, and transforming growth factor-beta in women with pelvic adhesions
Ying C Cheong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Mary s Hospital, Milton Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 79:1168-75. 2003
- Chronic pelvic pain: aetiology and therapy
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Level 4, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 20:695-711. 2006
..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants have not been shown to be of benefit in CPP. Most of these conclusions are based on the outcome of single randomised trials and therefore need replication...
- Controversies in the management of ectopic pregnancy
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 15:396-402. 2007
..A variable dosing methotrexate regimen is more effective compared with single dose regimen, and the fixed multiple regimen is associated with a high rate of side effects...
- A review of techniques for adhesion prevention after gynaecological surgery
The Jessop Wing, Sheffield University and Teaching Hospitals, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 20:345-52. 2008
..To explore recent developments in the techniques used for the prevention of adhesion formation after gynaecological surgery as well as the current evidence for existing agents and techniques...