Affiliation: BrightstarTech, Inc
Location: Clarksburg, USA
A medical scientist (MD, PhD). Expertise in traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, ischemic stroke, organophosphate induced brain damage, posttraumatic stress disorder, neurodegenerative diseases, chronic neuropsychiatric and neurological disorders, neuroprotection & neurotherapy, gunshot wound, wound ballistics, and blast injury.
1. The microvascular changes of spinal cord injury: The experimental study on spinal microangiography. 1986, J. Biomed. Engineering (Chinese) 3(1):34-40
2. The experimental study of evaluating the degree of compressed injury of the spinal cord. J. Surg. (Chinese) 1987, 25(1):6-8
3. Changes of spinal microcirculation after high velocity missile injury. J. Trauma (Chinese),1990, 6(2): 177-181
4. Mechanism and characteristics of the remote effects on projectiles. J. Trauma (Chinese), 1990, 6(2): 16-20
5. Microvascular morphological and functional alterations of the spinal cord after the remote gunshot injury. J. Trauma (Chinese), 1991, 7: 35-37
6.Microcirculatory reactions to spinal cord injuries. Overseas Medical Science: Neurosurgery & Neurology (Chinese), 1992, 10(2): 84-87
7. An experimental model of closed head injury in mice: pathophysiology, histopathology and cognitive deficits. 1996, J. Neurotrauma, 13(10): 557-568
8. Motor and cognitive deficits in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice after closed head injury. 1997, Neuroscience 80(4): 1255-1262
9. Reduced levels of antioxidaants in brain of apolipoprotein E-deficient mice following closed head injury. 1997, Pharmacol. Biochem. and Behav. 56(4):669-673
10. Rivastigmine, a brain-selective acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, ameliorates cognitive and motor deficits induced by closed-head injury in the mouse. 1998, J. Neurotrauma 15(4): 231-237 (Cited by 53)
11. Cerebroprotective effects of ENA 713, a novel acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, in closed head injury in the rat. 1998, Brain Res., 784: 18-24
12. Neuroprotective effects of rasagiline, a selective monoamine oxidase-B inhibitor, against closed head injury in the mouse. 1999, Eur. J. Pharmacol. 366:127-135
13. Antioxidant mechanisms in apolipoprotein E deficient mice prior to and following closed head injury. 1999, Biochim. Biophys. Acta-MOL BASIS DIS 1453(3):359-368 (
14. Tau hyperphosphorylation in apolipoprotein E-deficient and control mice after closed head injury. 2000, J. Neurosci. Res. 60: 559-564
15. Increased levels of intracellular iron in the brains of ApoE-deficient mice with closed head injury. 2000, Exp. Toxicol. Path. 52: 177-183
16. Antisense prevention of neuronal damages following head injury in mice. 2000, J. Mol. Med. 78: 228-236
17. MKC-231. 2000, Current Opinion in CPNS Investigational Drugs 2(4): 461-466
18. Mechanisms for Increased Phosphorylation of Elongation Factor-2 during Hibernation in Ground Squirrels. 2001, Biochemistry 40:11565-11570
19.Coincident elevation of cyclic AMP and calcium influx by PACAP-27 synergistically regulates VIP gene transcription through a novel PKA-independent signaling pathway. 2002, J. Neuroscience 22(13): 5310-5320
20. PC12 cells as a model to study the neurotrophic activities of PACAP. 2002, Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 971: 491-496
21. Analysis of the PC12 cell transcriptome after differentiation with pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP). 2002, J. Neurochem. 83: 1272-1284 (Cited by 47)
22. A Calcium-Initiated Signaling Pathway Propagated through Calcineurin and cAMP Response Element-Binding Protein Activates Proenkephalin Gene Transcription after Depolarization. 2003, Molecular Pharmacology 64(6):1503-1511
23. Neuroprotection by endogenous and exogenous PACAP following stroke. 2006, Regul Pept. 137(1-2): 4-19
24.Non-impact, blast-induced mild TBI and PTSD: concepts and caveats. 2011, Brain Inj. 25(7-8): 641-650
25. Organophosphate-induced brain damage: Mechanisms, neuropsychiatric and neurological consequences, and potential therapeutic strategies. 2012, Neurotoxicology. 33(3):391-400
26. Blast shock wave mitigation using the hydraulic energy redirection and release technology. 2012, PLoS ONE 7(6): e39353.
27. Concepts and strategies for clinical management of blast-induced traumatic brain injury and posttraumatic stress disorder. In press. 2012, J. Neuropsychiatry Clin. Neurosci.
1. Experimental Closed Head Injury: Studies on Acetylcholine Mediated Mechanisms in the Injured Brain. Publisher: Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1998, 270 pages. Available online at: books.google.com/books/about/Experimental_Closed_Head_Injury.html?id=vpKMOgAACAAJ
2. Neurochemical derangements and cognitive deficits in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice following closed head injury. In: Neurochemistry (Eds: A.W. Teelken & J. Korf). Plenum Press, New York, pp.21-26, 1997.
- PC12 cells as a model to study the neurotrophic activities of PACAPDavid Vaudry
Section on Molecular Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health Intramural Research Program, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 971:491-6. 2002
- Analysis of the PC12 cell transcriptome after differentiation with pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP)David Vaudry
Section on Molecular Neuroscience, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Regulation, National Institute of Mental Health, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Neurochem 83:1272-84. 2002..Thirteen of these are candidates for mediating ERK-dependent neurite outgrowth, and 47 are possibly involved in the ERK-independent growth arrest induced by PACAP...
- A calcium-initiated signaling pathway propagated through calcineurin and cAMP response element-binding protein activates proenkephalin gene transcription after depolarizationSung Ho Hahm
Building 36, Room 2A 11, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892
Mol Pharmacol 64:1503-11. 2003....
- Neuroprotection by endogenous and exogenous PACAP following strokeYun Chen
Section on Molecular Neuroscience, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Regulation, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Regul Pept 137:4-19. 2006..Prominent among these were transcripts encoding the PACAP-regulated gene Ier3, and the neuropeptides enkephalin, substance P (tachykinin 1), and neurotensin...
- Non-impact, blast-induced mild TBI and PTSD: concepts and caveatsYun Chen
Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI, USA
Brain Inj 25:641-50. 2011..A volumetric blood surge (rapid physical movement/displacement of blood) is hypothesized to cause the non-impact, mild TBI and battlefield PTSD induced by a blast over-pressure wave...
- Blast shock wave mitigation using the hydraulic energy redirection and release technologyYun Chen
BrightstarTech, Inc, Clarksburg, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e39353. 2012..It should be further explored as an innovative approach to effectively protect against blast threats to civilian and military personnel...
- Concepts and strategies for clinical management of blast-induced traumatic brain injury and posttraumatic stress disorderYun Chen
BrightstarTech, Inc, Clarksburg, MD, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 25:103-10. 2013....