- Natural products triggering biological targets--a review of the anti-inflammatory phytochemicals targeting the arachidonic acid pathway in allergy asthma and rheumatoid arthritis
Ovarian and Prostate Cancer Research Trust Laboratory, University of Surrey Technology Centre, 10 Nugent Road, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Curr Drug Targets 12:288-301. 2011
..Modulation of Th1/Th2 cytokines and histamine/mucus release by some of these enzyme inhibitors are also briefly discussed...
- Advances in the treatment of ovarian cancer: a potential role of antiinflammatory phytochemicals
Sophie S Chen
Department of Research and Development, Ovarian and Prostate Cancer Research Trust Laboratory, Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
Discov Med 13:7-17. 2012
..In order to evaluate objectively the potential benefit of these compounds in the treatment of ovarian cancer, strategically designed, large scale studies are warranted...
- Polyphenols inhibit indoleamine 3,5-dioxygenase-1 enzymatic activity--a role of immunomodulation in chemoprevention
Sophie S Chen
Department of Research and Development, Ovarian and Prostate Cancer Research Trust Laboratory, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7YG, United Kingdom
Discov Med 14:327-33. 2012
..These results suggest that attenuation of immune suppression via inhibition of IDO-1 enzyme activity may be one of the important mechanisms of polyphenols in chemoprevention or combinatorial cancer therapy...
- Natural inhibitors of indoleamine 3,5-dioxygenase induced by interferon-gamma in human neural stem cells
Ovarian and Prostate Cancer Research Trust Laboratory, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7AF, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 429:117-23. 2012
..The inhibitory activity might have partially contributed to the anti-cancer and neuro-protective property of the compounds...
- Down-regulation of androgen-receptor and PSA by phytochemicals
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Int J Oncol 32:405-11. 2008
..In each case, these compounds have independent activities which may partly contribute to the biological activity of PC-SPES...
- Combined activity of oridonin and wogonin in advanced-stage ovarian cancer cells: sensitivity of ovarian cancer cells to phyto-active chemicals
Ovarian and Prostate Cancer Research Trust Laboratory, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7AF, UK
Cell Biol Toxicol 27:133-47. 2011
..These findings suggest that oridonin and wogonin may have activity in ovarian cancer following its development of resistance to carboplatin and paclitaxel...
- PC-SPES: herbal formulation for prostate cancer
Leonard S Marks
Urological Sciences Research Foundation, Culver City, California 90232, USA
Urology 60:369-75; discussion 376-7. 2002
..PC-SPES is of great interest in men with androgen-independent CaP, an area in which future research should be primarily directed...
- The cytostatic and cytotoxic effects of oridonin (Rubescenin), a diterpenoid from Rabdosia rubescens, on tumor cells of different lineage
NovaSpes Research Lab, Hawthorne, NY 10532, USA
Int J Oncol 26:579-88. 2005
..The present data suggest that further studies are warranted to assess the potential of oridonin in cancer prevention and/or treatment...
- PC-SPES decreases proliferation and induces differentiation and apoptosis of human acute myeloid leukemia cells
Department of Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi 783 8505, Japan
Int J Oncol 23:1203-11. 2003
..PC-SPES might be useful with ATRA for treatment of patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL), and it could have a role in other types of cancers including MDS...