- Li F, Han X, Li F, Wang R, Wang H, Gao Y, et al. LKB1 Inactivation Elicits a Redox Imbalance to Modulate Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Plasticity and Therapeutic Response. Cancer Cell. 2015;27:698-711 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers critical redox control of tumor plasticity that may affect therapeutic response in NSCLC. ..
- Zhang Y, Zheng D, Xie J, Li Y, Wang Y, Li C, et al. Development and Validation of Web-Based Nomograms to Precisely Predict Conditional Risk of Site-Specific Recurrence for Patients With Completely Resected Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: A Multiinstitutional Study. Chest. 2018;154:501-511 pubmed publisher..These user-friendly nomograms can precisely predict site-specific recurrence in patients with completely resected NSCLC, based on clinicopathologic features. They may help physicians to make individual postoperative follow-up plans. ..
- Cheng X, Zheng D, Li Y, Li H, Sun Y, Xiang J, et al. Tumor histology predicts mediastinal nodal status and may be used to guide limited lymphadenectomy in patients with clinical stage I non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018;155:2648-2656.e2 pubmed publisher..Future prospective studies are merited to validate the feasibility of using frozen section to select patients for limited mediastinal lymphadenectomy. ..
- Ma X, Gong R, Wang R, Pan Y, Cai D, Pan B, et al. Recurrent TERT promoter mutations in non-small cell lung cancers. Lung Cancer. 2014;86:369-73 pubmed publisher..TERT promoter mutations are recurrent mutated in 2.57% of NSCLCs and are highly enriched in older patients. It may play an important role in the pathogenesis of NSCLC and may serve as a potential target for therapy. ..
- Bu S, Wang R, Pan Y, Yu S, Shen X, Li Y, et al. Clinicopathologic Characteristics of Patients with HER2 Insertions in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017;24:291-297 pubmed publisher..HER2 should be in the clinical genotyping of lung cancer, so patients may benefit from HER2-targeted therapy. ..
- Luo J, Huang Q, Wang R, Han B, Zhang J, Zhao H, et al. Prognostic and predictive value of the novel classification of lung adenocarcinoma in patients with stage IB. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016;142:2031-40 pubmed publisher..76; 95 % CI 0.54-1.08, p = .125) and OS (HR, 0.81; 95 % CI 0.49-1.35, p = .421). SOL/MIP predominant pattern was predictive for ACT benefit for DFS among invasive lung adenocarcinoma patients in stage IB. ..
- Hu H, Sun Z, Li Y, Zhang Y, Li H, Zhang Y, et al. The Histologic Classifications of Lung Adenocarcinomas Are Discriminable by Unique Lineage Backgrounds. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:2161-2172 pubmed publisher..Assessing this added parameter might be beneficial in discriminating intertumor heterogeneity, advancing target exploration, developing theranostic/prognostic biomarkers, and designing clinical trials. ..
- Zheng D, Wang R, Zhang Y, Pan Y, Cheng X, Cheng C, et al. Prevalence and clinicopathological characteristics of ALK fusion subtypes in lung adenocarcinomas from Chinese populations. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016;142:833-43 pubmed publisher..3 % (74/1407) of the Chinese patients with lung adenocarcinoma. ALK fusion defines a molecular subset of lung adenocarcinoma with unique clinicopathological characteristics. Different ALK fusion variants determine distinct prognoses. ..
- Yuan Y, Ma G, Zhang Y, Chen H. Presence of micropapillary and solid patterns are associated with nodal upstaging and unfavorable prognosis among patient with cT1N0M0 lung adenocarcinoma: a large-scale analysis. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2018;144:743-749 pubmed publisher..001]. The analysis of a large-scale cohort demonstrated that the presence of micropapillary and solid patterns significantly increase the risk of nodal upstaging and are independently associated with unfavorable prognosis. ..
- Li J, You W, Zheng D, Yan B, Ma X, Pan Y, et al. A comprehensive evaluation of clinicopathologic characteristics, molecular features and prognosis in lung adenocarcinoma with solid component. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2018;144:725-734 pubmed publisher..This study represents the first comprehensive clinical investigation of solid component in lung adenocarcinomas, identifying solid positive pattern as an independent poor prognostic indicator in lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Luo J, Wang R, Han B, Zhang J, Zhao H, Fang W, et al. Analysis of the clinicopathologic characteristics and prognostic of stage I invasive mucinous adenocarcinoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016;142:1837-45 pubmed publisher..No significant survival benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy for IMA patients. Mixed mucinous/nonmucinous IMA had a worse DFS compared with pure mucinous. Early stage IMA could not benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Feng W, Zhang Q, Fu X, Cai X, Zhu Z, Yang H, et al. The emerging outcome of postoperative radiotherapy for stage IIIA(N2) non-small cell lung cancer patients: based on the three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy technique and institutional standard clinical target volume. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:348 pubmed publisher..Prospective trials are needed to further corroborate these results. ..
- Liu S, Wang R, Zhang Y, Li Y, Cheng C, Pan Y, et al. Precise Diagnosis of Intraoperative Frozen Section Is an Effective Method to Guide Resection Strategy for Peripheral Small-Sized Lung Adenocarcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34:307-13 pubmed publisher..1%, P < .01). Frozen pathology has a high concordance rate with FP. Precise diagnosis by intraoperative FS is an effective method to guide resection strategy for peripheral small-sized lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Huang Q, Li J, Sun Y, Wang R, Cheng X, Chen H. Efficacy of EGFR Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors in the Adjuvant Treatment for Operable Non-small Cell Lung Cancer by a Meta-Analysis. Chest. 2016;149:1384-92 pubmed publisher..3% (95% CI, 39.1-45.6). Adjuvant EGFR-TKI treatment may enhance disease-free survival and reduce the risk of distant metastasis in patients with EGFR-mutant NSCLC undergoing complete resection. ..
- Li B, Xiang J, Zhang Y, Hu H, Sun Y, Chen H. Factors Affecting Hospital Mortality in Patients with Esophagogastric Anastomotic Leak: A Retrospective Study. World J Surg. 2016;40:1152-7 pubmed publisher..Increased efforts to reduce the incidence of early anastomotic leaks within 1 week after surgery and prevent the need for reintubation are important for improving patient prognosis. ..
- Zheng D, Ye T, Hu H, Zhang Y, Sun Y, Xiang J, et al. Upfront surgery as first-line therapy in selected patients with stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018;155:1814-1822.e4 pubmed publisher..Upfront surgery followed by adjuvant therapy may provide favorable survival outcomes for selected patients with pIIIA NSCLC, especially for patients with AD or patients with clinical N0 and pathologic single-station N2 diseases. ..
- Zhang Y, Ma Y, Li Y, Shen X, Yu Y, Pan Y, et al. Are exon 19 deletions and L858R different in early stage lung adenocarcinoma?. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2018;144:165-171 pubmed publisher..After recurrence, both could benefit from TKI therapy without the need for a second biopsy, but 19del seemed to be associated with better PRS. ..
- Zhao Y, Wang R, Shen X, Pan Y, Cheng C, Li Y, et al. Minor Components of Micropapillary and Solid Subtypes in Lung Adenocarcinoma are Predictors of Lymph Node Metastasis and Poor Prognosis. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:2099-105 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is beneficial to focus not only on predominant subtypes but also minor components to predict prognoses and make therapeutic strategies more comprehensively. ..
- Wang Y, Wang R, Zheng D, Han B, Zhang J, Zhao H, et al. The indication of completion lobectomy for lung adenocarcinoma ≤3 cm after wedge resection during surgical operation. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2017;143:2095-2104 pubmed publisher..While WR could be applied if non-invasive ADC was confirmed. Whether lepidic-predominant adenocarcinoma was fit for WR needed further study. ..
- Zheng S, Zheng D, Dong C, Jiang J, Xie J, Sun Y, et al. Development of a novel prognostic signature of long non-coding RNAs in lung adenocarcinoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2017;143:1649-1657 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the eight-lncRNA signature might provide an effective independent prognostic model for the prediction of lung adenocarcinoma patients. ..
- Zhao Y, Li G, Zheng D, Jia M, Dai W, Sun Y, et al. The prognostic value of lymph node ratio and log odds of positive lymph nodes in patients with lung adenocarcinoma. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017;153:702-709.e1 pubmed publisher..001) and log odds ratio (P < .001) showed significant differences. Both lymph node ratio and log odds ratio can be used as prognostic factors for clinicians to predict patients' prognosis. ..
- Wang Y, Wang R, Zheng D, Han B, Zhang J, Zhao H, et al. Predicting the recurrence risk factors and clinical outcomes of peripheral pulmonary adenocarcinoma ≤3 cm with wedge resection. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2017;143:1043-1051 pubmed publisher..If the volume ratio reached 10:1 or more, the survival rate was approximately 90% for both OS and LCSS. Whether lymphadenectomy was necessary for WR, especially in invasive adenocarcinoma, needed further research. ..
- Chen T, Luo J, Gu H, Gu Y, Huang Q, Wang Y, et al. Impact of Solid Minor Histologic Subtype in Postsurgical Prognosis of Stage I Lung Adenocarcinoma. Ann Thorac Surg. 2018;105:302-308 pubmed publisher..Solid minor components predict a significantly worse prognosis compared with the solid absent pattern. However, adjuvant chemotherapy may be unhelpful to improve outcomes for stage IB patients with solid minor components after surgery. ..
- Song Z, Ye T, Ma L, Xiang J, Chen H. Surgical Outcomes of Isolated Malignant Pulmonary Nodules in Patients with a History of Breast Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017;24:3748-3753 pubmed publisher..Surgery should be considered a valid option for the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer patients presenting with isolated malignant lung nodules. ..
- Zhao Y, Li G, Zhang Y, Hu H, Zhang J, Sun Y, et al. Comparison of outcomes between muscle-sparing thoracotomy and video-assisted thoracic surgery in patients with cT1 N0 M0 lung cancer. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017;154:1420-1429.e1 pubmed publisher..158 and P = .639, respectively). VATS is less invasive and is associated with shorter length of hospital stay and fewer postoperative complications. The 2 surgical approaches have equivalent long-term survival outcomes. ..