- A gene signature for post-infectious chronic fatigue syndrome
John W Gow
Essex Centre for Neurological Sciences, Oldchurch Hospital, Romford, RM7 0BE, UK
BMC Med Genomics 2:38. 2009
..The representative biomarkers identified in this research appear promising as potential biomarkers for diagnosis and treatment...
- Multiple sclerosis is primarily a neurodegenerative disease
Queen s Hospital, Romford, Essex, UK
J Neural Transm 120:1463-6. 2013
- Myasthenic crisis
Essex Centre for Neurological Sciences, University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
QJM 102:97-107. 2009
..High dose corticosteroids in combination with plasma exchange or immunoglobulin are the cornerstone of treatment for this fully reversible cause of neuromuscular paralysis...
- EFNS guideline on the management of community-acquired bacterial meningitis: report of an EFNS Task Force on acute bacterial meningitis in older children and adults
Department of Neurology, Essex Centre for Neurological Sciences, Queen Hospital, Romford, UK
Eur J Neurol 15:649-59. 2008
- Placental umbilical cord blood transfusion in acute ischaemic stroke
Essex Centre for Neurological Sciences, Queen s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford RM7 0AG, UK
Med Hypotheses 69:1267-71. 2007
..Based on experimental data, we propose human umbilical cord blood transfusion as a possible therapy for ischaemic cerebral stroke to aid functional recovery...
- Lessons for clinical trials from natalizumab in multiple sclerosis
Essex Centre for Neurological Sciences, Oldchurch Hospital, Romford RM7 0BE
BMJ 332:416-9. 2006
- Multiple sclerosis: looking beyond autoimmunity
Department of Neurology, Essex Centre for Regional Neurosciences, Romford RM7 0BE
J R Soc Med 98:303-6. 2005
- Multiple sclerosis is not an autoimmune disease
Division of Clinical Neurology, University of Glasgow, Scotland
Arch Neurol 61:1610-2. 2004
- The sad plight of multiple sclerosis research (low on fact, high on fiction): critical data to support it being a neurocristopathy
Peter O Behan
Department of Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Glasgow University, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Inflammopharmacology 18:265-90. 2010
..2010). Research directed to the area of neural crest associations is likely to be rewarding...
- The clinical spectrum, diagnosis, pathogenesis and treatment of Hashimoto's encephalopathy (recurrent acute disseminated encephalomyelitis)
Department of Neurology, Instuitute of Neurological Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Curr Med Chem 10:1945-53. 2003
..Serological screening for anti-thyroid antibody should form part of the initial investigations in all relapsing and reversible encephalopathies...
- Adjunctive dexamethasone treatment in acute bacterial meningitis
University of Glasgow, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Glasgow, UK
Lancet Neurol 3:54-62. 2004
- TB or not TB?
Department of Neurology, Essex Centre for Neurological Sciences, Romford, United Kingdom
Am J Med 121:684-6. 2008
- Fatigue in neurological disorders
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G51 4TF, UK
Lancet 363:978-88. 2004
..The contributions of physiological, cognitive, and affective changes underlying fatigue are variable, and treatment is largely symptomatic and rehabilitative...
- Why we should offer routine vitamin D supplementation in pregnancy and childhood to prevent multiple sclerosis
Department of Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, 1345 Govan Road, Glasgow G51 4TF, UK
Med Hypotheses 64:608-18. 2005
..Prevention of MS by modifying an important environmental factor (sunlight exposure and vitamin D level) offers a practical and cost-effective way to reduce the burden of the disease in the future generations...
- Selective adhesion-molecule therapy and inflammatory bowel disease
N Engl J Med 354:644-5; author reply 644-5. 2006
- Rituximab in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis
N Engl J Med 358:2646; author reply 2646-7. 2008
- Genomewide study of multiple sclerosis
N Engl J Med 357:2200; author reply 2200-1. 2007
- Antimyelin antibodies in multiple sclerosis
N Engl J Med 349:2269-71; author reply 2269-71. 2003
- Shared scheme for assessing drugs for multiple sclerosis: why are eyes tightly shut to considering causes other than autoimmunity?
BMJ 326:1213. 2003
- Natalizumab for relapsing multiple sclerosis
N Engl J Med 348:1598-9; author reply 1598-9. 2003
- Mitoxantrone trial in multiple sclerosis
Lancet 361:1133-4; author reply 1134. 2003