- Teaching ethics in an unethical setting: "doing nothing" is neither good nor right
Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar 751 024 Orissa, India corrected
Indian J Med Ethics 6:93-6. 2009
..Practitioners of the art of healing have a moral obligation to protect, uphold and nurture the cause of ethics in medicine. Teaching and learning ethics should be initiated -- not pushed aside -- even in unethical institutional settings...
- Corruption in healthcare and medicine: why should physicians and bioethicists care and what should they do?
Professor, Department of Physiology, College of Medicine and JNM Hospital, West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kalyani, Nadia 741 235, West Bengal, India Email
Indian J Med Ethics 10:153-9. 2013
..There is a need to engage in public discussions and take a stand - against unethical and corrupt practices in healthcare and medicine - for the sake of the individual's well-being as well as for social good. ..
- Bioethics and its gatekeepers: does institutional racism exist in leading bioethics journals?
Department of Physiology and Institutional Ethics Committee, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences, 5th Mile, Tadong, Gangtok, Sikkim, 737102, India
J Bioeth Inq 10:7-9. 2013
- East meets West: cross-cultural perspective in end-of-life decision making from Indian and German viewpoints
Department of Ethics, Philosophy and History of Medicine, Erasmus Mundus Master of Bioethics Fellow, University Medical Centre St Radboud, PO Box 9101, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Med Health Care Philos 11:165-74. 2008
..To explore the possibility of finding a common ground of morality across different cultures while acknowledging and respecting cultural diversity, thus remains a formidable challenge for the bioethicists...
- Religion, spirituality, health and medicine: why should Indian physicians care?
Erasmus Mundus Master of Bioethics Fellow, Department of Ethics, Philosophy and History of Medicine, University Medical Centre St Radboud, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Postgrad Med 53:262-6. 2007
..Indian physicians may also find religion and spirituality significant and fulfilling in their own lives...
- Black money in white coats: whither medical ethics?
Departmento di Filosofia, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Piazza Capitaniato 3, 35100 Padova, Italy
Indian J Med Ethics 5:20-1. 2008
..Marginalisation of ethics raises questions about the professional integrity, moral sensitivity and social responsibility of practitioners of modern medicine in India...
- Serogroup distribution and virulence characteristics of sorbitol-negative Escherichia coli from food and cattle stool
S K Manna
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, 37, K B Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
J Appl Microbiol 108:658-65. 2010
- Statistical modeling of psychosis data
School of Information Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 100:222-36. 2010
..For example, emotional withdrawal has significant contribution towards schizophrenia, and so on. The psychosis data, thus collected, will be useful for further processing to extract more information of the said disease...