- Health-related quality of life after transcatheter or surgical aortic valve replacement in high-risk patients with severe aortic stenosis: an updated review of literature
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Division of Cardiology, 1111 Amsterdam Avenue, Clark Building, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10025, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 16:473. 2014
..We present an updated review focusing on the quality-of-life outcomes and issues with this new and important procedural approach. ..
- Timing and route of amiodarone for prevention of postoperative atrial fibrillation after cardiac surgery: a network regression meta-analysis
Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, NY 11220, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 36:1017-23. 2013
- Early intravenous beta-blockers in patients with acute coronary syndrome--a meta-analysis of randomized trials
Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:915-21. 2013
..Intravenous (IV) beta-blockade is currently a Class IIa recommendation in early management of patients with acute coronary syndromes (ACS) without obvious contraindications...
- Comparing newer oral anti-platelets prasugrel and ticagrelor in reduction of ischemic events-evidence from a network meta-analysis
Maimonides Medical Center, 864 49th Street Apt C11, Brooklyn, NY, 11220, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 36:223-32. 2013
- Association of blood transfusion with increased mortality in myocardial infarction: a meta-analysis and diversity-adjusted study sequential analysis
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Brown University, and Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Providence, RI 02904, USA
JAMA Intern Med 173:132-9. 2013
..The benefit of blood transfusion in patients with myocardial infarction is controversial, and a possibility of harm exists...
- Intensive glucose control in diabetics with an acute myocardial infarction does not improve mortality and increases risk of hypoglycemia-a meta-regression analysis
Maimonides Medical Center, 864 49th Street Apt C11, Brooklyn, NY 11220, USA
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 11:100-4. 2013
..The 2009 ACC/AHA focused update on ST elevation MI gave a weak recommendation for the use of an insulin based regimen to achieve and maintain blood glucose less than 180 mg/dL. We decided to assess the validity of this recommendation...
- Pharmacologic rate versus rhythm-control strategies in atrial fibrillation: an updated comprehensive review and meta-analysis
Preventive Cardiology, Brown University and the Providence VAMC, Providence, RI, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 36:122-33. 2013
..Guidelines have accepted rate control as an acceptable therapeutic option. Most of the prior studies excluded patients without significant left ventricular dysfunction, or permanent AF...
- Benefits of β blockers in patients with heart failure and reduced ejection fraction: network meta-analysis
Division of Internal Medicine, Maimonides Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
BMJ 346:f55. 2013
..To clarify whether any particular β blocker is superior in patients with heart failure and reduced ejection fraction or whether the benefits of these agents are mainly due to a class effect...
- PAR-1 antagonists: current state of evidence
Maimonides Medical Center, 864 49th Street Apt C11, Brooklyn, NY 11220, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 35:1-9. 2013
- Meta-analysis of cardiovascular outcomes with dronedarone in patients with atrial fibrillation or heart failure
Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
Am J Cardiol 110:607-13. 2012
..In conclusion, we recommend exercising caution using dronedarone, especially in patients with cardiovascular risk factors...
- Eplerenone is not superior to older and less expensive aldosterone antagonists
Department of Internal Medicine, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11220, USA
Am J Med 125:817-25. 2012
..However, it is much more expensive compared with older aldosterone antagonists. We reviewed available evidence to assess whether increased expense was justified with outcomes data...
- New oral anticoagulants and the risk of intracranial hemorrhage: traditional and Bayesian meta-analysis and mixed treatment comparison of randomized trials of new oral anticoagulants in atrial fibrillation
Division of Cardiology, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
JAMA Neurol 70:1486-90. 2013
..Randomized studies have shown a decreased risk of intracranial hemorrhage (ICH) with use of novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs). However, it is unclear whether the magnitude of benefit is similar for all NOACs currently available...
- New oral anticoagulants are not superior to warfarin in secondary prevention of stroke or transient ischemic attacks, but lower the risk of intracranial bleeding: insights from a meta-analysis and indirect treatment comparisons
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Metropolitan Hospital Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e77694. 2013
..A systematic review and meta-analysis was performed to compare the efficacy and safety of New Oral Anticoagulants (NOACs) to warfarin in patients with AF and previous stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA)...
- Meta-analysis of risk of stroke or transient ischemic attack with dabigatran for atrial fibrillation ablation
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, New York, New York Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 113:1173-7. 2014
..60, 95% CI 0.41 to 0.87). In conclusion, periprocedural use of dabigatran for AF ablation was related to a higher risk of thromboembolic complications including stroke and transient ischemic attack. ..
- Steroids for the prevention of restenosis in bare-metal stents--a systematic review and meta-analysis
Lenox Hill Cardiovascular Institute, New York, New York, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 24:98-103. 2012
..We reviewed the validity of empirical evidence that periprocedural treatment with steroids at the time of insertion of a BMS may delay restenosis and provide benefit through reductions in adverse clinical events...
- Efficacy and safety of new oral anticoagulants for extended treatment of venous thromboembolism: systematic review and meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College Metropolitan Hospital Center, 1901 First Avenue, New York, NY, USA
Drugs 73:1171-82. 2013
..Currently available anticoagulants have limitations for long term treatment of venous thromboembolism (VTE)...
- Angioplasty Alone Versus Angioplasty and Stenting for Subclavian Artery Stenosis-A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
1Department of Medicine, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 2Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT
Am J Ther 20:520-3. 2013
..There is evidence in favor of stent placement after angioplasty for successful recanalization of stenosed subclavian arteries and long-term maintenance of patency without significant increase in risk for major complications in subjects. ..
- Use of high-sensitivity troponin assays predicts mortality in patients with normal conventional troponin assays on admission-insights from a meta-analysis
Division of Cardiology, Providence VA Medical Center, Providence, Rhode Island Department of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Clin Cardiol 36:649-53. 2013
..A systematic review and meta-analysis was performed to assess mortality risk of patients with hs-Tn elevations in the setting of normal c-Tn levels...
- Meta-analysis of prognostic implications of dyspnea versus chest pain in patients referred for stress testing
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York
Am J Cardiol 113:559-64. 2014
..Clinicians evaluating patients with self-reported dyspnea should be aware that these patients represent a high-risk group with increased risk of mortality...
- Efficacy of hybrid therapy in the form of right atrial ablation and adjunctive therapy in refractory atrial fibrillation in symptomatic patients
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT, USA
Am J Ther 19:e18-20. 2012
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy for non-ischemic cardiomyopathy-immediate changes in QRS duration, with left bundle branch block pattern on electrocardiogram
Dept of Internal Medicine, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Am Heart Hosp J 9:E41-3. 2011
- Fragmented QRS complex: a novel marker of cardiovascular disease
Department of Internal Medicine, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11220, USA
Clin Cardiol 33:68-71. 2010
..The current article aims to consolidate the available information about this morphological ECG abnormality and its predictive value...