- Utilisation of primary and secondary G-CSF prophylaxis enables maintenance of optimal dose delivery of standard adjuvant chemotherapy for early breast cancer: an analysis of 1655 patients
Curtin University, Western Australia 6000, Australia Breast Cancer Research Centre WA, Western Australia 6000, Australia Electronic address
Breast 23:676-82. 2014
..The uniform administration of secondary G-CSF for all subsequent cycles enables dose delivery ≥85%, which was shown to lead to improved survival outcomes when compared with those patients who received <85%. ..
- Phase II study of a triple combination of oral vinorelbine, capecitabine and trastuzumab as first-line treatment in HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
Mount Hospital, Curtin University, Perth, WA, Australia
Anticancer Res 33:2657-64. 2013
..The aim of this international phase II trial was to determine the efficacy and safety profile of an oral chemotherapy doublet, oral vinorelbine plus capecitabine, and trastuzumab in this setting...
- Prevalence of excessive tearing in women with early breast cancer receiving adjuvant docetaxel-based chemotherapy
Curtin University and Mount Hospital, Australia
J Clin Oncol 31:2123-7. 2013
..To define the incidence and impact of tearing in patients receiving adjuvant docetaxel-based chemotherapy and assess for lacrimal duct obstruction (LDO) as a causative factor...
- A retrospective study investigating the rate of HER2 discordance between primary breast carcinoma and locoregional or metastatic disease
Mount Hospital, Perth, WA 6000, Australia
BMC Cancer 12:555. 2012
..Several studies have demonstrated discordant HER2 status in the primary and metastatic tumour. However, rates of discordance vary considerably in published reports...
- Reporting of myelotoxicity associated with emerging regimens for the treatment of selected solid tumors
Mount Medical Centre, 41, 146 Mounts Bay Rd, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 81:136-50. 2012
..This can assist clinicians in prospectively managing relevant toxicities associated with these emerging regimens and thereby facilitate their safe and effective use in clinical practice...
- Preoperative taxane-based chemotherapy in a standardized protocol for locally advanced breast cancer
Mount Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Oncol 8:62-70. 2012
..We also evaluated the accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET) in predicting the extent of residual disease...
- Capecitabine and vinorelbine in metastatic breast cancer
Mount Medical Centre, Medical Oncologist, Mount Medical Centre, Perth 6000, Western Australia
Eur J Cancer 45:2253-65. 2009
..In the absence of comparative, phase III data, retrospective analyses and cross-trial comparisons provide the only indication of the relative efficacy of these options...
- Antiangiogenic therapy for metastatic breast cancer: current status and future directions
Mount Breast Group, Mount Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Drugs 69:167-81. 2009
..Issues regarding the mechanisms of resistance, identifying combination regimens that result in the greatest clinical benefits and minimizing the adverse effects are areas that require further research...
- Phase II, open-label trial of lapatinib and vinorelbine in women with previously treated HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
Department of Medical Oncology, Breast Cancer Research Centre WA and Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Oncol 10:368-75. 2014
..e. trastuzumab [T] with chemotherapy and lapatinib with capecitabine [LC])...
- A pilot study of trimodality breast imaging surveillance in young women at high risk of breast cancer in Western Australia
Christobel M Saunders
School of Surgery, University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Med J Aust 191:330-3. 2009