- Atypical presentation of hepatocellular carcinoma: a mass on the left thoracic wall
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University Medical School, 06100, Ankara, Turkey
BMC Cancer 4:89. 2004
..The most frequent metastatic sites are the lung, bone, lymphatics, and brain, respectively. Metastases to the chest wall have been reported only rarely...
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy features with histologic correlation in mediastinal hepatoid yolk sac tumor presenting with sternum metastasis: a case report
Division of Clinical Cytology, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Turkey
Acta Cytol 51:610-5. 2007
..We present and discuss our experience with cytologic and histopathologic features of a mediastinal H-YST presenting with sternum metastasis, which to the best of our knowledge has not been previously reported...
- Cytopathologic features of pituitary carcinoma with cervical vertebral bone metastasis: a case report
Division of Clinical Cytology, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Ankara, Turkey
Acta Cytol 50:225-30. 2006
..To date, only 2 cases have been reported correctly by fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB). We present an additional case of pituitary carcinoma with FNAB features...
- Hydatid cyst of the breast
Basak Erguvan Dogan
Mammography Section, Department of Radiology, Ankara University Ibn i Sina Hospital, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 34:204-5. 2005
..A combination of radiological and cytological findings usually suggests the correct diagnosis. We present mammography and cytology findings of primary hydatid disease of the breast in a 56-year-old woman...
- Contrast-enhanced MR angiography of benign regenerative nodules following TIPS shunt procedure in Budd-Chiari syndrome
Department of Radiology, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 15:173-7. 2004
- An analysis of stereotactic biopsy of brain tumors and nonneoplastic lesions: a prospective clinicopathologic study
Aylin Okcu Heper
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Shhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Surg Neurol 64:S82-8. 2005
- Radiologic-pathologic conference of the University of Ankara Medical School: metaplastic breast carcinoma with osteochondrosarcomatous differentiation
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Breast Imaging, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:1593-4. 2005
- Ductal dilatation as the manifesting sign of invasive ductal carcinoma
Basak Erguvan Dogan
Department of Breast Imaging, Diagnostic Radiology, Unit 57, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 4009 USA
J Ultrasound Med 24:1413-7. 2005
- Alpha fetoprotein producing gastric hepatoid adenocarcinoma
Department of Medical Oncology, Ankara University School of Medicine
J Pak Med Assoc 56:292-4. 2006
..The interpretation of the lesion may be difficult in a patient with a hepatic mass and raised alpha-fetoprotein level. A 51 year old man with hepatoid adenocarcinoma in stomach, producing alpha-fetoprotein is presented...
- Lupus mastitis is not a surgical disease
Department of Surgery, Section of Surgical Oncology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Breast J 13:187-8. 2007
..Differential diagnosis of a breast mass in a patient with SLE must include the possibility of lupus mastitis. Surgical resection is usually not necessary, and medical treatment can be implemented successfully...
- Multinodular hydropic leiomyoma of the uterus with perinodular hydropic degeneration and extrauterine extension
Pathology Laboratory, SSK Ulus Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pathol Int 52:540-3. 2002
..The patient had no evidence of disease for 18 months after hysterectomy. Multinodular hydropic leiomyoma is a clinically benign tumor and should not be confused with intravenous leiomyomatosis and some other unusual leiomyoma variants...