- Atypical presentation of hepatocellular carcinoma: a mass on the left thoracic wall
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University Medical School, 06100, Ankara, Turkey
BMC Cancer 4:89. 2004
..The most frequent metastatic sites are the lung, bone, lymphatics, and brain, respectively. Metastases to the chest wall have been reported only rarely...
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy features with histologic correlation in mediastinal hepatoid yolk sac tumor presenting with sternum metastasis: a case report
Division of Clinical Cytology, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Turkey
Acta Cytol 51:610-5. 2007
..We present and discuss our experience with cytologic and histopathologic features of a mediastinal H-YST presenting with sternum metastasis, which to the best of our knowledge has not been previously reported...
- Cytopathologic features of pituitary carcinoma with cervical vertebral bone metastasis: a case report
Division of Clinical Cytology, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Ankara, Turkey
Acta Cytol 50:225-30. 2006
..To date, only 2 cases have been reported correctly by fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB). We present an additional case of pituitary carcinoma with FNAB features...
- Hydatid cyst of the breast
Basak Erguvan Dogan
Mammography Section, Department of Radiology, Ankara University Ibn i Sina Hospital, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 34:204-5. 2005
..A combination of radiological and cytological findings usually suggests the correct diagnosis. We present mammography and cytology findings of primary hydatid disease of the breast in a 56-year-old woman...
- Contrast-enhanced MR angiography of benign regenerative nodules following TIPS shunt procedure in Budd-Chiari syndrome
Department of Radiology, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 15:173-7. 2004
- An analysis of stereotactic biopsy of brain tumors and nonneoplastic lesions: a prospective clinicopathologic study
Aylin Okcu Heper
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Ankara University, Shhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Surg Neurol 64:S82-8. 2005
- Radiologic-pathologic conference of the University of Ankara Medical School: metaplastic breast carcinoma with osteochondrosarcomatous differentiation
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Breast Imaging, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:1593-4. 2005
- Ductal dilatation as the manifesting sign of invasive ductal carcinoma
Basak Erguvan Dogan
Department of Breast Imaging, Diagnostic Radiology, Unit 57, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030-4009 USA
J Ultrasound Med 24:1413-7. 2005
- Alpha fetoprotein producing gastric hepatoid adenocarcinoma
Department of Medical Oncology, Ankara University School of Medicine
J Pak Med Assoc 56:292-4. 2006
..The interpretation of the lesion may be difficult in a patient with a hepatic mass and raised alpha-fetoprotein level. A 51 year old man with hepatoid adenocarcinoma in stomach, producing alpha-fetoprotein is presented...
- Lupus mastitis is not a surgical disease
Department of Surgery, Section of Surgical Oncology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Breast J 13:187-8. 2007
..Differential diagnosis of a breast mass in a patient with SLE must include the possibility of lupus mastitis. Surgical resection is usually not necessary, and medical treatment can be implemented successfully...
- Multinodular hydropic leiomyoma of the uterus with perinodular hydropic degeneration and extrauterine extension
Pathology Laboratory, SSK Ulus Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pathol Int 52:540-3. 2002
..The patient had no evidence of disease for 18 months after hysterectomy. Multinodular hydropic leiomyoma is a clinically benign tumor and should not be confused with intravenous leiomyomatosis and some other unusual leiomyoma variants...