- Surgical outcomes in patients with bilateral ptosis and Hering's dependence
Baskent University, Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthalmology 119:376-81. 2012
..To assess whether sequential or simultaneous ptosis repair yields a better postoperative outcome in patients with documented preoperative Hering's dependency...
- Cicatricial entropion following docetaxel (Taxotere) therapy
Department of Ophthalmology, Bas kent University, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 27:e113-6. 2011
..All of these eyelid abnormalities occurred soon after docetaxel treatment for advanced breast cancer. Such changes in the absence of questioning for previous docetaxel use in history taking...
- Intraoperative predictability of temporal artery biopsy results
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0527, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 24:372-6; discussion 377. 2008
..To determine whether inflammatory/granulomatous changes of giant cell arteritis can be grossly identified by the surgeon during temporal artery biopsy to allow institution or discontinuation of steroid therapy without delay...
- Effect of topical brinzolamide 1% and brimonidine 0.2% on intraocular pressure after phacoemulsification
Baskent University, School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Bahcelievler 06490, Ankara, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:1736-41. 2004
..To compare the effectiveness of brinzolamide 1% (Azopt) and brimonidine 0.2% (Alphagan) with a placebo in preventing an early increase in intraocular pressure (IOP) after phacoemulsification...
- Pediatric ocular acne rosacea: long-term treatment with systemic antibiotics
Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Ophthalmol 142:816-21. 2006
..To report our experience with four cases of pediatric ocular acne rosacea, including responses to long-term systemic treatment...
- Ptosis repair options and algorithm
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 19:428-34. 2008
..Each patient needs to be individually assessed and treated. A surgeon needs to be familiar with all types of surgical repair to choose the best possible option for his/her particular patient...
- Solitary orbital plasmacytoma associated with chronic hepatitis C: a case report
Paul A Brannan
Cincinnati Eye Institute, and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Orbit 28:71-3. 2009
..To report a rare case of solitary orbital plasmacytoma associated with chronic hepatitis C...
- The impact of dark adaptation on photoscreening
Department of Ophthalmology, Baikent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J AAPOS 6:315-8. 2002
..Because efficient use of time is important in screening programs, we investigated how dark adaptation affects the quality of eye photographs...
- What is new in the era of focal dystonia treatment? Botulinum injections and more
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 18:424-9. 2007
..The treatment options for the management of dystonias continue to evolve and improve. Clinical outcomes, however, are not predictably consistent using a single treatment regimen in all patients...
- Ciliary body toxicity of subconjunctival suramin compared with mitomycin-C in the rabbit eye: determining the toxic concentration
Department of Ophthalmology, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthalmic Res 41:91-7. 2009
..To evaluate the safety of suramin compared with mitomycin-C (MMC) as an adjunctive agent in trabeculectomy by determining its ciliary body toxicity at predetermined effective dosages in rabbit eyes...
- Aqueous humour penetration of moxifloxocin and gatifloxacin eye drops in different dosing regimens before phacoemulsification surgery
Sirel Gür Güngör
Department of Ophthalmology, Basxkent University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Ophthalmol 95:1272-5. 2011
..To compare the aqueous humour penetration of moxifloxacin 0.5% and gatifloxacin 0.3% eye drops administered in two different dosing regimens during phacoemulsification surgery...
- Posterior scleritis in psoriatic arthritis
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara, Turkey
Retina 23:717-9. 2003