- Surgical outcomes in patients with bilateral ptosis and Hering's dependence
Baskent University, Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthalmology 119:376-81. 2012
..To assess whether sequential or simultaneous ptosis repair yields a better postoperative outcome in patients with documented preoperative Hering's dependency...
- Intraoperative predictability of temporal artery biopsy results
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0527, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 24:372-6; discussion 377. 2008
..To determine whether inflammatory/granulomatous changes of giant cell arteritis can be grossly identified by the surgeon during temporal artery biopsy to allow institution or discontinuation of steroid therapy without delay...
- Cicatricial entropion following docetaxel (Taxotere) therapy
Department of Ophthalmology, Bas kent University, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 27:e113-6. 2011
..All of these eyelid abnormalities occurred soon after docetaxel treatment for advanced breast cancer. Such changes in the absence of questioning for previous docetaxel use in history taking...
- Effect of topical brinzolamide 1% and brimonidine 0.2% on intraocular pressure after phacoemulsification
Baskent University, School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Bahcelievler 06490, Ankara, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:1736-41. 2004
..To compare the effectiveness of brinzolamide 1% (Azopt) and brimonidine 0.2% (Alphagan) with a placebo in preventing an early increase in intraocular pressure (IOP) after phacoemulsification...
- Unilateral superior ophthalmic vein thrombosis in a neonate
Department of Radiology, Department of Ophthalmology, and Department of Paediatrics, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 29:e154-6. 2013
..The symptoms except for ptosis resolved and did not recur during 6 months of follow up. To the authors' knowledge, this is the first reported case of unilateral isolated SOV thrombosis in the neonatal period. ..
- Periocular fat grafting: indications and techniques
Dünyagöz Ankara Hastanesi, Ankara, Turkey
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 24:494-9. 2013
..Autologous fat transfer (AFT) is gaining popularity in periorbital and facial rejuvenation as well as structural reconstruction because of the advantages of fat over other fillers and implants...
- Bilobed flap in the reconstruction of inferior and/or lateral periorbital defects
Department of Ophthalmology, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 29:208-14. 2013
..To report the outcome of bilobed flap (BF) reconstruction of inferior and/or lateral periorbital defects following tumor excision...
- Ptosis repair options and algorithm
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 19:428-34. 2008
..Each patient needs to be individually assessed and treated. A surgeon needs to be familiar with all types of surgical repair to choose the best possible option for his/her particular patient...
- Pediatric ocular acne rosacea: long-term treatment with systemic antibiotics
Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Ophthalmol 142:816-21. 2006
..To report our experience with four cases of pediatric ocular acne rosacea, including responses to long-term systemic treatment...
- Solitary orbital plasmacytoma associated with chronic hepatitis C: a case report
Paul A Brannan
Cincinnati Eye Institute, and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Orbit 28:71-3. 2009
..To report a rare case of solitary orbital plasmacytoma associated with chronic hepatitis C...
- Embolization of dural carotid-cavernous fistulas via the thrombosed superior ophthalmic vein
Suzan Güven Yılmaz
Ege University Department of Ophthalmology, İzmir Uludag University Department of Ophthalmology, Bursa Baskent University Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 29:272-6. 2013
..To present the authors' experience treating dural carotid-cavernous sinus fistulas (CCF) with retrograde embolization via the thrombosed superior ophthalmic vein (SOV)...
- The impact of dark adaptation on photoscreening
Department of Ophthalmology, Baikent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J AAPOS 6:315-8. 2002
..Because efficient use of time is important in screening programs, we investigated how dark adaptation affects the quality of eye photographs...
- Aqueous humour penetration of moxifloxocin and gatifloxacin eye drops in different dosing regimens before phacoemulsification surgery
Sirel Gür Güngör
Department of Ophthalmology, Basxkent University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Ophthalmol 95:1272-5. 2011
..To compare the aqueous humour penetration of moxifloxacin 0.5% and gatifloxacin 0.3% eye drops administered in two different dosing regimens during phacoemulsification surgery...
- Ciliary body toxicity of subconjunctival suramin compared with mitomycin-C in the rabbit eye: determining the toxic concentration
Department of Ophthalmology, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthalmic Res 41:91-7. 2009
..To evaluate the safety of suramin compared with mitomycin-C (MMC) as an adjunctive agent in trabeculectomy by determining its ciliary body toxicity at predetermined effective dosages in rabbit eyes...
- What is new in the era of focal dystonia treatment? Botulinum injections and more
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 18:424-9. 2007
..The treatment options for the management of dystonias continue to evolve and improve. Clinical outcomes, however, are not predictably consistent using a single treatment regimen in all patients...
- Posterior scleritis in psoriatic arthritis
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara, Turkey
Retina 23:717-9. 2003