- Flavin-containing monooxygenase-3: induction by 3-methylcholanthrene and complex regulation by xenobiotic chemicals in hepatoma cells and mouse liver
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 247:60-9. 2010
..Although FMO3 mRNA is highly induced by 3MC or TCDD in mouse liver and in Hepa-1 cells, FMO protein levels and FMO catalytic function showed only modest elevation...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-dependent induction of flavin-containing monooxygenase mRNAs in mouse liver
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical Sciences Building, 1 King s College Circle, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S1A8
Drug Metab Dispos 36:2499-505. 2008
..However, FMO2 and FMO3 mRNAs were highly induced in transgenic mice that express wild-type rat AHR, indicating that lack of induction in rat is not due to an incompetent AHR in this species...
- Functional analysis of six human aryl hydrocarbon receptor variants in human breast cancer and mouse hepatoma cell lines
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical Science Building, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5S1A8, Canada
Toxicology 277:59-65. 2010
- microRNAs in adult rodent liver are refractory to dioxin treatment
Ivy D Moffat
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada M5S 1A8
Toxicol Sci 99:470-87. 2007
..It is unlikely that mRNA downregulation by dioxins is mediated by miRNAs, nor are miRNAs likely to play a significant role in dioxin toxicity in adult rodent liver...
- Differential ligand-dependent activation and a role for Y322 in aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated regulation of gene expression
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical Sciences Building, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 410:859-65. 2011
..In summary, this study provides evidence for context- and ligand-selective differences in coactivator recruitment in AHR-regulated gene expression and reveal an important role of Y322 in AHR activation...
- Identification of aryl hydrocarbon receptor binding targets in mouse hepatic tissue treated with 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 257:38-47. 2011
..Our findings identify direct AHR target genes in vivo, highlight in vitro and in vivo differences in AHR signaling and show that AHR recruitment does not necessarily result in changes in target gene expression...