- Doing well by doing good? A supermarket shuttle feasibility study
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 36:67-70. 2004
..This study investigates whether supermarket-sponsored shuttles can be self-supporting or make a profit in low-income urban areas...
- Characteristics of food industry web sites and "advergames" targeting children
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 42:197-201. 2010
..To assess the content of food industry Web sites targeting children by describing strategies used to prolong their visits and foster brand loyalty; and to document health-promoting messages on these Web sites...
- Accommodating diverse clients' needs in evaluation capacity building: a case study of the Tobacco Control Evaluation Center
Travis D Satterlund
Center for Evaluation and Research, University of California, Davis, CA 95618, USA
Eval Program Plann 36:49-55. 2013
..These measures demonstrate an increase in evaluation capacity by local projects under TCEC's purview...
- Frequency and types of foods advertised on Saturday morning and weekday afternoon English- and Spanish-language American television programs
Robert A Bell
Department of Communication, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 41:406-13. 2009
..To describe food advertised on networks serving children and youth, and to compare ads on English-language networks with ads on Spanish networks...
- Is price a barrier to eating more fruits and vegetables for low-income families?
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 9561, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1909-15. 2007
- Building the evaluation capacity of California's local tobacco control programs
University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Health Promot Pract 12:118S-24S. 2011
..It is concluded that evaluation technical assistance can be provided effectively by a university as long as the local context is kept in mind, and a balance of responsive and proactive technical assistance is provided...
- The power of policy: a case study of healthy eating among children
Center for Advanced Studies in Nutrition and Social Marketing, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1570-1. 2006
..A comparison of previous and current snack menus identified a significant increase in fruit servings (83%) and no change in vegetable servings. We discuss the unintended consequences resulting from the menu changes...