- Doing well by doing good? A supermarket shuttle feasibility study
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 36:67-70. 2004
..This study investigates whether supermarket-sponsored shuttles can be self-supporting or make a profit in low-income urban areas...
- Characteristics of food industry web sites and "advergames" targeting children
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 42:197-201. 2010
..To assess the content of food industry Web sites targeting children by describing strategies used to prolong their visits and foster brand loyalty; and to document health-promoting messages on these Web sites...
- Accommodating diverse clients' needs in evaluation capacity building: a case study of the Tobacco Control Evaluation Center
Travis D Satterlund
Center for Evaluation and Research, University of California, Davis, CA 95618, USA
Eval Program Plann 36:49-55. 2013
..These measures demonstrate an increase in evaluation capacity by local projects under TCEC's purview...
- Frequency and types of foods advertised on Saturday morning and weekday afternoon English- and Spanish-language American television programs
Robert A Bell
Department of Communication, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 41:406-13. 2009
..To describe food advertised on networks serving children and youth, and to compare ads on English-language networks with ads on Spanish networks...
- Is price a barrier to eating more fruits and vegetables for low-income families?
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 9561, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1909-15. 2007
- Cancer and non-cancer health effects from food contaminant exposures for children and adults in California: a risk assessment
UC Davis, Department of Public Health Sciences, 1 Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Environ Health 11:83. 2012
..In the absence of current cumulative dietary exposure assessments, this analysis was conducted to estimate exposure to multiple dietary contaminants for children, who are more vulnerable to toxic exposure than adults...
- Building the evaluation capacity of California's local tobacco control programs
University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Health Promot Pract 12:118S-24S. 2011
..It is concluded that evaluation technical assistance can be provided effectively by a university as long as the local context is kept in mind, and a balance of responsive and proactive technical assistance is provided...
- The power of policy: a case study of healthy eating among children
Center for Advanced Studies in Nutrition and Social Marketing, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1570-1. 2006
..A comparison of previous and current snack menus identified a significant increase in fruit servings (83%) and no change in vegetable servings. We discuss the unintended consequences resulting from the menu changes...