- Cutaneous manifestations in patients with Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome submitted to haematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Juliana Gomes Loyola Presa
Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Federal University of Parana, Hospital de Clinicas da Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Arch Dis Child 98:304-7. 2013
..The classical triad of WAS consists of recurrent infections, thrombocytopaenia with small platelets and atopic dermatitis (AD)-like lesions...
- Obstruction of the left ventricular outflow tract after mitral valvuloplasty with implantation of Gregori's ring
Roberto G de Carvalho
Servico de Cirurgia Cardiaco do Hospital Nossa Senhora das Gracas, Curitiba, PR
Arq Bras Cardiol 78:122-9. 2002
..The management was clinical with suspension of the vasoactive drugs and introduction of a beta-blocker. Two years after the surgery, the patient is asymptomatic and has a normal life...
- Measles in children with HIV infection: report of five cases
Vania De Carvalho
Pediatric Dermatology Division, Pathology Department, Clinical Hospital, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 7:346-52. 2003
..There were pulmonary complications, but none of the patients died. The anti-retroviral treatment may have contributed to the decrease in measles morbidity in these pediatric AIDS patients...
- Transverse leukonychia and AIDS
V O de Carvalho
Arch Dis Child 91:326. 2006
- Red fingers syndrome and HIV infection
Vania Oliveira Carvalho
Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Arch Dis Child 92:539. 2007
- Infectious and inflammatory skin diseases in children with HIV infection and their relation with the immune status--evaluation of 127 patients
Vania Oliveira Carvalho
Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Clinical Hospital Paraná s Federal University, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Pediatr Dermatol 25:571-3. 2008
..Immunodeficiency in human immunodeficiency virus-infected children was correlated with infectious dermatoses whereas normal CD4(+) T lymphocyte levels was correlated with diseases mediated by hypersensitivity mechanisms...
- An inflammatory reaction surrounding molluscum contagiosum as possible manifestation of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in HIV infection
Vânia Oliveira de Carvalho
Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Department of Pediatrics, Federal University of Paraná UFPR, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Pediatr Dermatol 27:631-4. 2010
..The clinical and laboratory findings suggested that the reaction was due to immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome occurring during a period of immune recovery in a child with acquired immune deficiency syndrome...
- Laboratorial atopy markers in children with human immunodeficiency virus
Cristina Rodrigues Cruz
Departamento de Pediatria, Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 105:293-8. 2010
..Atopy development in HIV-infected children seems to be modulated by genetic and environmental factors as well as immunological condition...