- ATP-binding cassette protein E is involved in gene transcription and translation in Caenorhabditis elegansZhongying Zhao
Department of Molecular Biology, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5A 1S6
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:104-11. 2004..elegans. Furthermore, our data suggest that ABCE, along with its interacting components, functions in a well-conserved pathway...
- Expression analysis of ABC transporters reveals differential functions of tandemly duplicated genes in Caenorhabditis elegansZhongying Zhao
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5A 1S6
J Mol Biol 344:409-17. 2004..Finally, our observations suggest that it is possible for coding sequences to function as a regulatory region for a neighbouring gene...
- Distinct regulatory elements mediate similar expression patterns in the excretory cell of Caenorhabditis elegansZhongying Zhao
Department of Genome Science, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7730, USA
J Biol Chem 280:38787-94. 2005..The results indicate that distinct regulatory elements are able to mediate the similar expression patterns...
- The ABC transporter gene family of Caenorhabditis elegans has implications for the evolutionary dynamics of multidrug resistance in eukaryotesJonathan A Sheps
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, BC Cancer Agency, 601 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1L6 Canada
Genome Biol 5:R15. 2004..The number of candidate MDR genes means that study of the drug-resistance properties of an organism cannot be effectively carried out without taking a genomic perspective...
- Identification of a nematode chemosensory gene familyNansheng Chen
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:146-51. 2005..The expansion of both the srab and sra gene families in C. elegans relative to C. briggsae is due to multiple rounds of tandem duplication and translocation of individual genes...
- Comparative genomics and adaptive selection of the ATP-binding-cassette gene family in caenorhabditis speciesZhongying Zhao
British Columbia Cancer Research Center, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1L6, Canada
Genetics 175:1407-18. 2007..Sites undergoing positive selection within subfamily D, which are implicated in very-long-chain fatty acid transport, were identified. The evolution of these sites might be driven by the changes in food source with time...
- Comparative analysis of embryonic cell lineage between Caenorhabditis briggsae and Caenorhabditis elegansZhongying Zhao
Department of Genome Sciences, Box 355065, University of Washington, 1705 NE Pacific St, Seattle, WA 98195 5065, USA
Dev Biol 314:93-9. 2008....
- Control of cell cycle timing during C. elegans embryogenesisZhirong Bao
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Dev Biol 318:65-72. 2008..elegans embryogenesis as a model to dissect the interaction between differentiation and proliferation, and an effective approach combining genetic and statistical analysis at single-cell resolution...
- Automated analysis of embryonic gene expression with cellular resolution in C. elegansJohn Isaac Murray
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1705 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nat Methods 5:703-9. 2008..Systematic application of this system could reveal the gene activity of each cell throughout development...