Affiliation: York University
- International nurse migration: U-turn for safe workplace transitionDeborah Tregunno
York University, Toronto, ON, Canada
Nurs Inq 16:182-90. 2009..This study provides important insights as policy and management decision-makers balance the tension between increasing the IEN workforce and the delivery of safe patient care...
- Keeping patients safe: a systems perspective on regulatory standardsDeborah Tregunno
York University School of Nursing, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Nurs Adm 37:269-71. 2007
- On the ball: leadership for patient safety and learning in critical careDeborah Tregunno
York University School of Nursing, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Nurs Adm 39:334-9. 2009..To explore nursing leadership for patient safety in critical care and identify opportunities to improve leadership that promotes patient safety...
- The relationship between organizational leadership for safety and learning from patient safety eventsLiane R Ginsburg
School of Health Policy and Management, Faculty of Health, HNES Bldg, 413, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON M3J 1P3, Canada
Health Serv Res 45:607-32. 2010..To examine the relationship between organizational leadership for patient safety and five types of learning from patient safety events (PSEs)...
- The H-PEPSS: an instrument to measure health professionals' perceptions of patient safety competence at entry into practiceLiane Ginsburg
School of Health Policy and Management, York University, Toronto, Canada
BMJ Qual Saf 21:676-84. 2012....
- Acute care for elders components of acute geriatric unit care: systematic descriptive reviewMary T Fox
Faculty of Health, School of Nursing, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:939-46. 2013....
- Effectiveness of early discharge planning in acutely ill or injured hospitalized older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysisMary T Fox
School of Nursing, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3, Canada
BMC Geriatr 13:70. 2013..Early discharge planning may reduce lengths of hospital stay and hospital readmissions; however, its effectiveness with acutely admitted older adults is unclear...
- Patterns of patient safety culture: a complexity and arts-informed project of knowledge translationGail J Mitchell
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health, York University, Toronto, ON
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 24:65-77. 2011....
- Advancing measurement of patient safety cultureLiane Ginsburg
School of Health Policy and Management, Faculty of Health, York University, HNES Building 413, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M3J 1P3
Health Serv Res 44:205-24. 2009..To examine the psychometric and unit of analysis/strength of culture issues in patient safety culture (PSC) measurement...
- Development of a measure of patient safety event learning responsesLiane R Ginsburg
School of Health Policy and Management, Faculty of Health, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario
Health Serv Res 44:2123-47. 2009..To define patient safety event (PSE) learning response and to provide preliminary validation of a measure of PSE learning response...
- Categorizing errors and adverse events for learning: a provider perspectiveLiane R Ginsburg
School of Health Policy and Management, Faculty of Health at York University
Healthc Q 12:154-60. 2009....
- Building clinical and organizational resilience to reconcile safety threats, tensions and trade-offs: insights from theory and evidenceLianne Jeffs
The Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Healthc Q 12:75-80. 2009..Together, this information can strengthen safety practices throughout healthcare organizations...
- Self-reported patient safety competence among new graduates in medicine, nursing and pharmacyLiane R Ginsburg
School of Health Policy and Management, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMJ Qual Saf 22:147-54. 2013..This study examines the self-reported PS competence of newly registered nurses, pharmacists and physicians...
- Building knowledge for safer care: nursing research advancing practiceLianne Jeffs
Keenan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Nurs Care Qual 24:257-62. 2009..Participating nurses evolved from research novices to key champions in advancing nursing practice, patient safety, and quality improvement...
- Competing values of emergency department performance: balancing multiple stakeholder perspectivesDeborah Tregunno
Canadian Health Services Research Foundation Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Health Serv Res 39:771-91. 2004..To describe the performance interests of multiple stakeholders associated with the management and delivery of emergency department (ED) care, and to develop a performance framework and set of indicators that reflect these interests...
- Implementing an interprofessional patient safety learning initiative: insights from participants, project leads and steering committee membersLianne Jeffs
Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Early Nursing Research Career Award, Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMJ Qual Saf 22:923-30. 2013..A study was undertaken to delineate perceptions of individuals involved with the implementation of an interprofessional patient safety competency-based intervention and intervention participants...
- Effectiveness of acute geriatric unit care using acute care for elders components: a systematic review and meta-analysisMary T Fox
School of Nursing, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:2237-45. 2012..To compare the effectiveness of acute geriatric unit care, based on all or part of the Acute Care for Elders (ACE) model and introduced in the acute phase of illness or injury, with that of usual care...
- Determination of the psychometric properties of a behavioural marking system for obstetrical team training using high-fidelity simulationPamela J Morgan
Department of Anesthesia, Women s College Hospital, 76 Grenville Street, Toronto, ON M5S 1B2, Canada
BMJ Qual Saf 21:78-82. 2012..This study investigated the internal consistency, inter-rater reliability and test-retest reliability of two newly developed tools to assess obstetrical team performance...
- New approaches to interprofessional education and collaborative practice: lessons from the organizational change literatureLiane Ginsburg
School of Health Policy and Management, York University, Ontario, Canada
J Interprof Care 19:177-87. 2005..The paper concludes with a set of key recommendations suggested for reducing the incidence of implementation failure...
- Health Services Research and the Medical Emergency Team-- A multidimensional perspective of effectivenessDeborah Tregunno
Department of Health Policy Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Crit Care 18:199-200. 2003
- Patient safety culture and leadership within Canada's Academic Health Science Centres: towards the development of a collaborative position paperWendy Nicklin
Clinical Programs and Patient Safety, The Ottawa Hospital, ON
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 17:22-34. 2004....