Affiliation: York University
- The role of peers in the emergence of heterosexual romantic relationships in adolescenceJ Connolly
Department of Psychology, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Child Dev 71:1395-408. 2000..These linkages suggest ways in which peer relationships may support romantic development at this stage of the life cycle...
- Co-victims of Homicide: A Systematic Review of the LiteratureJennifer Connolly
York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Trauma Violence Abuse 16:494-505. 2015..Key findings from the articles, limitations of the current research, and implications for future research, policy, and practice are included. ..
- The effect of social support around pregnancy on postpartum depression among Canadian teen mothers and adult mothers in the maternity experiences surveyTheresa H M Kim
School of Kinesiology and Health Science, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:162. 2014..This study examined the effects of social support received during and after pregnancy on PPD among Canadian women and identified if the relationship was different for teen mothers compared to adult mothers...
- Developmental trajectories of romantic stages and associations with problem behaviours during adolescenceJennifer Connolly
Department of Psychology, Faculty of Health, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON M3J 1P3 Canada Electronic address
J Adolesc 36:1013-24. 2013..The findings support progression through theorized stages of romantic activity and highlight the problems that are linked to early-starting and non-sequenced romantic development...
- Outreach with street-involved youth: a quantitative and qualitative review of the literatureJ A Connolly
York University, 5022 TEL, 4700 Keele St, Toronto ON, Canada M3J 1P3
Clin Psychol Rev 32:524-34. 2012..Outreach with street-involved youth, when characterized through a strong bond between worker and youth, is an effective strategy for involving youth in agency services...
- Dating experiences of bullies in early adolescenceJ Connolly
York University, Department of Psychology, 4700 Keele St, Toronto, ON M3J 1P3, Canada
Child Maltreat 5:299-310. 2000..The results confirmed our hypotheses that adolescents whose peer relationships are characterized by bullying are at risk in their development of healthy romantic relationships...
- Adolescents' explanations for romantic dissolutions: a developmental perspectiveJennifer Connolly
Department of Psychology, York University, Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3, Canada
J Adolesc 32:1209-23. 2009..We discuss the developmental significance of break-ups, noting continuity between the needs expressed in intact and dissolving relationships...
- The interpersonal context of romantic autonomy in adolescenceA Taradash
Department of Psychology, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, M3J 1P3, Canada
J Adolesc 24:365-77. 2001..Overall, this study highlights the interconnection of intimacy and autonomy in romantic relationships and the interconnections across relationships...