- Direct in vivo evidence of CD4+ T cell requirement for CTL response and memory via pMHC-I targeting and CD40L signalingKhawaja Ashfaque Ahmed
Research Unit, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Department of Oncology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
J Leukoc Biol 92:289-300. 2012....
- Transgene expression of alpha tumor necrosis factor with mutations D142N and A144R under control of human telomerase reverse transcriptase promoter eradicates well-established tumors and induces long-term antitumor immunityJ Xiang
Cancer Research Unit, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Departments of Oncology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Cancer Gene Ther 16:430-8. 2009..Therefore, AdV(TERT)mTNF-alpha gene therapy may be very useful in the immunotherapy of cancer...
- Vaccination of fiber-modified adenovirus-transfected dendritic cells to express HER-2/neu stimulates efficient HER-2/neu-specific humoral and CTL responses and reduces breast carcinogenesis in transgenic miceS Sas
Division of Oncology, Cancer Research Unit, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Cancer Gene Ther 15:655-66. 2008..Therefore, vaccination of fiber-modified adenovirus-transfected DCs to enhance expression of tumor antigens such as HER-2/neu is likely representative of a new direction in DC-based vaccine of breast cancer...
- Efficient antitumor immunity derived from maturation of dendritic cells that had phagocytosed apoptotic/necrotic tumor cellsZ Chen
Saskatoon Cancer Center, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Int J Cancer 93:539-48. 2001..Therefore, DCs that had phagocytosed apoptotic/necrotic tumor cells appear to offer new strategies in DC cancer vaccines...
- Lymphotactin expression by engineered myeloma cells drives tumor regression: mediation by CD4+ and CD8+ T cells and neutrophils expressing XCR1 receptorC M Cairns
Department of Microbiology, Saskatoon Cancer Center, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
J Immunol 167:57-65. 2001..Thus, lymphotactin has natural adjuvant activities that may augment antitumor responses via effects on both T cells and neutrophils and thereby could be important in gene transfer immunotherapies for some cancers...
- Engineered CD8+ cytotoxic T cells with fiber-modified adenovirus-mediated TNF-alpha gene transfection counteract immunosuppressive interleukin-10-secreting lung metastasis and solid tumorsZ Ye
Research Unit, Health Research Division, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Cancer Gene Ther 14:661-75. 2007..Therefore, CD8+ T cells engineered to secrete TNF-alpha may be useful when designing strategies for adoptive T-cell therapy of solid tumors...
- DNA array and biological characterization of the impact of the maturation status of mouse dendritic cells on their phenotype and antitumor vaccination efficacyZ Chen
Saskatoon Cancer Center, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7N 0W0, Canada
Cell Immunol 214:60-71. 2001..Taken together, our data clearly underscore the critical nature of employing DCs of full maturity for DC-based antitumor vaccination strategies...
- Regression of engineered myeloma cells secreting interferon-gamma-inducing factor is mediated by both CD4(+)/CD8(+) T and natural killer cellsJ Xiang
Departments of Microbiology and Pathology, Saskatoon Cancer Center, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 20 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, S7N 4H4, Saskatchewan, Canada
Leuk Res 25:909-15. 2001..This study thus highlights the potential utility of IL-18 as an antitumor agent, a role that it can fulfil alone or in combination with other immunomodulatory cytokines such as IL-12...
- Cancer gene therapy by adenovirus-mediated gene transferQ Wu
Adenovirus Group, Veterinary Infectious Disease Organization, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, 20 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 4H4, Canada
Curr Gene Ther 1:101-22. 2001..We also discuss the current limitations of the adenoviral vector system and how they may be circumvented in future developments relating to targeted gene delivery...
- HER-2/neu-gene engineered dendritic cell vaccine stimulates stronger HER-2/neu-specific immune responses compared to DNA vaccinationT Chan
Cancer Research Unit, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, University of Saskatchewan, 20 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 4H4
Gene Ther 13:1391-402. 2006..Therefore, DCs genetically engineered to express tumor antigens such as HER-2/neu represent a new direction in DC vaccine of breast cancer...
- Regression of engineered tumor cells secreting cytokines is related to a shift in host cytokine profile from type 2 to type 1J Xiang
Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
J Interferon Cytokine Res 20:349-54. 2000..A better understanding of the mechanisms by which tumor cells modulate the host immune system may result in newer approaches for manipulating host-tumor interactions that favor the development of a protective antitumor immune response...
- Enhanced T-cell immunity induced by dendritic cells with phagocytosis of heat shock protein 70 gene-transfected tumor cells in early phase of apoptosisT Chan
Research Unit, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Department of Oncology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Cancer Gene Ther 14:409-20. 2007..These results may have an important impact in designing DC-based antitumor vaccines...
- Adjuvant effect of HER-2/neu-specific adenoviral vector stimulating CD8⁺ T and natural killer cell responses on anti-HER-2/neu antibody therapy for well-established breast tumors in HER-2/neu transgenic miceY Chen
Cancer Research Unit, Research Division, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Cancer Gene Ther 18:489-99. 2011....
- Combined CD4+ Th1 effect and lymphotactin transgene expression enhance CD8+ Tc1 tumor localization and therapyH Huang
Department of Oncology, Research Unit, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Gene Ther 12:999-1010. 2005..This novel therapeutic strategy with enhancement of Tc1 tumor localization in the therapy of well-established tumors may become a tool of considerable conceptual interest in the implementation of future clinical objectives...
- Cloning and expression of functional cDNA genes of a mouse/human chimeric antibody rcM4M Boyd
Saskatoon Cancer Center, Department of Microbiology, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Tumori 80:473-9. 1994..They thus have potential utility in the construction of some novel hybrid proteins such as those containing both antitumor immunoglobulins and cytokine molecules for use in cancer immunotherapy...
- Potent CD4+ T-cell epitope P30 enhances HER2/neu-engineered dendritic cell-induced immunity against Tg1-1 breast cancer in transgenic FVBneuN mice by enhanced CD4+ T-cell-stimulated CTL responsesY Xie
1 Cancer Research Unit, Research Division, Departments of Oncology, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada 2 Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, China
Cancer Gene Ther 20:590-8. 2013..Therefore, the engineered DCHER2/neu-P30 vaccine may provide a new immunotherapy alternative for women with HER2/neu(+) breast cancer, especially for trastuzumab-resistant HER2/neu(+) breast cancer patients. ..
- Production and characterization of a tumor-specific monoclonal antibody ACT19 recognizing an epitope distinctive from sialosyl-Tn on the TAG72 antigenJ Xiang
Department of Microbiology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Tumori 79:58-65. 1993..CONCLUSIONS: The ACT19 antibody appears to be a useful marker for colon and stomach cancers, and this additional anti-TAG72 antibody may be useful in conjunction with the B72.3 antibody in pathology and clinical application...
- Epigenetic transfer of metastatic activity by uptake of highly metastatic B16 melanoma cell-released exosomesS Hao
Research Unit, Division of Health Research, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Exp Oncol 28:126-31. 2006..To investigate potential role of highly metastatic BL6-10 tumor cell-released exosomes (EXO) in transfer of metastatic activity into poorly metastatic tumor cell line F1...