Mona R Loutfy
Affiliation: Women's College Hospital
- Loutfy M, Greene S, Kennedy V, Lewis J, Thomas Pavanel J, Conway T, et al. Establishing the Canadian HIV Women's Sexual and Reproductive Health Cohort Study (CHIWOS): Operationalizing Community-based Research in a Large National Quantitative Study. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2016;16:101 pubmed publisher..Community-based research has several advantages that go hand-in-hand with its obstacles. We offer guidance on implementing this approach, such that the process can be better planned and result in success. ..
- Loutfy M, Blitz S, Zhang Y, Hart T, Walmsley S, Smaill F, et al. Self-Reported Preconception Care of HIV-Positive Women of Reproductive Potential: A Retrospective Study. J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care. 2014;13:424-33 pubmed publisher..01), number of years living in Canada (P < .001), and age of youngest child (P < .01). Preconception care in our cohort was suboptimal. We recommend that counseling on healthy preconception should be part of routine HIV care. ..
- Gillis J, Bayoumi A, Burchell A, Cooper C, Klein M, Loutfy M, et al. Factors associated with the frequency of monitoring of liver enzymes, renal function and lipid laboratory markers among individuals initiating combination antiretroviral therapy: a cohort study. BMC Infect Dis. 2015;15:453 pubmed publisher..This should be taken into consideration in analyses examining factors associated with outcomes based on laboratory parameters. ..
- Logie C, Wang Y, Lacombe Duncan A, Wagner A, Kaida A, Conway T, et al. HIV-related stigma, racial discrimination, and gender discrimination: Pathways to physical and mental health-related quality of life among a national cohort of women living with HIV. Prev Med. 2018;107:36-44 pubmed publisher..Increasing social support may mitigate the impacts of stigma on mental health. Findings can inform multi-level interventions to promote health and wellbeing among WLWH. ..
- Loutfy M, Raboud J, Wong J, Yudin M, Diong C, Blitz S, et al. High prevalence of unintended pregnancies in HIV-positive women of reproductive age in Ontario, Canada: a retrospective study. HIV Med. 2012;13:107-17 pubmed publisher..01). The prevalence of unintended pregnancy was high in this cohort. Pregnancy planning programmes are needed for this population to decrease fetal and maternal complications and reduce vertical and horizontal transmission. ..
- Loutfy M, Sonnenberg Schwan U, Margolese S, Sherr L. A review of reproductive health research, guidelines and related gaps for women living with HIV. AIDS Care. 2013;25:657-66 pubmed publisher..Answering these questions and countering these inequalities will help to ensure the reproductive health and child-bearing intentions of WLWH become an integral part of HIV medicine. ..
- Loutfy M, Wu W, Letchumanan M, Bondy L, Antoniou T, Margolese S, et al. Systematic review of HIV transmission between heterosexual serodiscordant couples where the HIV-positive partner is fully suppressed on antiretroviral therapy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55747 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications when counseling heterosexual serodiscordant couples on sexual and reproductive health. More research is needed to explore HIV transmission risk between same-sex couples. ..
- Loutfy M, Sherr L, Sonnenberg Schwan U, Walmsley S, Johnson M, D Arminio Monforte A. Caring for women living with HIV: gaps in the evidence. J Int AIDS Soc. 2013;16:18509 pubmed publisher..Well-controlled and adequately powered clinical studies are essential to help provide answers to these questions and to contribute to activities aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of WLWH. ..
- Loutfy M, Khosla R, Narasimhan M. Advancing the sexual and reproductive health and human rights of women living with HIV. J Int AIDS Soc. 2015;18:20760 pubmed publisher....