Cornelia M Borkhoff
Affiliation: Women's College Hospital
- Patients' gender affected physicians' clinical decisions when presented with standardized patients but not for matching paper patientsCornelia M Borkhoff
Centre for Global Health, Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 62:527-41. 2009..To compare physicians' treatment and referral decisions for total knee arthroplasty (TKA) for standardized patients with matching paper patients...
- Reaching those most in need: a scoping review of interventions to improve health care quality for disadvantaged populations with osteoarthritisCornelia M Borkhoff
Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:39-52. 2011....
- Patient gender affects the referral and recommendation for total joint arthroplastyCornelia M Borkhoff
Centre for Global Health, Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa, 1 Stewart Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:1829-37. 2011..A number of factors may explain this gender disparity, including patients' preferences for surgery, gender bias influencing physicians' clinical decision-making, and the patient-physician interaction...
- Influence of patients' gender on informed decision making regarding total knee arthroplastyCornelia M Borkhoff
The Hospital for Sick Children and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:1281-90. 2013..To investigate the effect of patient gender on patient-physician communication in the process of recommendation for total knee arthroplasty (TKA)...
- Which patients are most likely to benefit from total joint arthroplasty?Gillian A Hawker
Department of Medicine, Women s College Hospital, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 65:1243-52. 2013..To evaluate patient predictors of good outcome following total joint arthroplasty (TJA)...