- Effect of smoking cessation on mortality after myocardial infarction: meta-analysis of cohort studiesK Wilson
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Arch Intern Med 160:939-44. 2000..To determine the effect of smoking cessation on mortality after myocardial infarction...
- Health care, federalism and the new Social UnionK Wilson
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ont
CMAJ 162:1171-4. 2000..The primary advantage of the new collaborative model is protection of jurisdictional autonomy. Its primary disadvantages are blurring of accountability and potential for exclusion of the public from decision-making...
- Risk of acquiring Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease from blood transfusions: systematic review of case-control studiesK Wilson
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
BMJ 321:17-9. 2000..To determine the strength of association between history of blood transfusion and development of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease...
- Restructuring public health in Ontario: implications for heart health promotionS J Elliott
School of Geography and Geology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
Can J Public Health 91:94-7. 2000....
- Gender, poverty and location: how much difference do they make in the geography of health inequalities?M W Rosenberg
Department of Geography, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Soc Sci Med 51:275-87. 2000..Results are reported which provide a better understanding of the relative roles that gender, poverty and location play in the geography of inequalities...
- A policy analysis of major decisions relating to Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and the blood supplyK Wilson
University of Ottawa Centre for Transfusion Research, Ottawa, Ont
CMAJ 165:59-65. 2001..We observed that the presence of a second operator had an important impact on decision-making in 1998/99...
- The cost of allogeneic red blood cells--a systematic reviewM Amin
Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute and the University of Ottawa Centre for Transfusion Research, Ontario, Canada
Transfus Med 13:275-85. 2003..More studies are needed to fully assess the trend of costs over time. Future cost studies should try to follow the economic evaluation guidelines for greater research implications...
- Risk factors for red cell transfusion in adults undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery: a systematic reviewN Shehata
Division of Haematology, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Vox Sang 93:1-11. 2007..The objective was to identify clinical factors associated with increased red cell transfusion in adults undergoing CABG surgery...