Paul J Villeneuve
- Environmental tobacco smoke and the risk of pancreatic cancer: findings from a Canadian population-based case-control studyPaul J Villeneuve
Epistream Consulting Inc, Ottawa, ON
Can J Public Health 95:32-7. 2004..We investigated the relationship between pancreatic cancer and childhood and adult exposure to ETS using a case-control study design...
- Screening for colorectal cancer using the fecal occult blood test: an actuarial assessment of the impact of a population-based screening program in CanadaPaul J Villeneuve
Epistream Consulting Inc, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 19:715-23. 2003..These findings were used to develop an actuarial model to estimate the impact that a FOB screening program for colorectal cancer would have on the Canadian population...
- The influence of ambient coarse particulate matter on asthma hospitalization in children: case-crossover and time-series analysesMei Lin
Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Canada
Environ Health Perspect 110:575-81. 2002..For the most part, relative risk estimates from the unidirectional case-crossover analysis were more pronounced compared with both bidirectional case-crossover and time-series analyses...
- Reduction in injection-related HIV risk after 6 months in a low-threshold methadone treatment programPeggy Millson
HIV Social, Behavioural and Epidemiological Studies Unit, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Canada
AIDS Educ Prev 19:124-36. 2007..Our findings suggest that low-threshold MMT programs can reduce the risk of HIV without the enforcement of abstinence-based policies...
- Radon and lung cancer risk: an extension of the mortality follow-up of the Newfoundland fluorspar cohortPaul J Villeneuve
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Health Phys 92:157-69. 2007....
- Associations between outdoor air pollution and emergency department visits for stroke in Edmonton, CanadaPaul J Villeneuve
Air Health Effects Division, Environmental Contaminants Bureau, Health Canada, 269 Laurier Ave W 3rd Floor, 3 022 PL4903C, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0K9
Eur J Epidemiol 21:689-700. 2006..20 (95% CI = 1.00-1.43). Our results suggest it is possible that vehicular traffic, which produces increased levels of NO(2) and CO, contributes to an increased incidence of emergency department visits for stroke...
- Cancer incidence in a cohort of Ontario and Quebec women having bilateral breast augmentationJacques Brisson
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Laval University, Laval, QC, Canada
Int J Cancer 118:2854-62. 2006..subglandular), fill (saline vs. silicone) or envelope (polyurethane-coated or not). In conclusion, women undergoing cosmetic breast augmentation do not appear to be at an increased long-term risk of developing cancer...
- Brain cancer and occupational exposure to magnetic fields among men: results from a Canadian population-based case-control studyPaul J Villeneuve
Environmental Risk Assessment and Case Surveillance Division, Laboratory Centre for Disease Control, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0L2
Int J Epidemiol 31:210-7. 2002..Emphasis was placed on examining the variations in risk across different histological types...
- Self-perceived health among Canadian opiate users: a comparison to the general population and to other chronic disease populationsPeggy E Millson
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, ON
Can J Public Health 95:99-103. 2004....
- A time-series study of air pollution, socioeconomic status, and mortality in Vancouver, CanadaPaul J Villeneuve
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 13:427-35. 2003..However, these results should be interpreted cautiously due to the small number of deaths observed within each stratum of socioeconomic status...
- Outdoor air pollution and emergency department visits for asthma among children and adults: a case-crossover study in northern Alberta, CanadaPaul J Villeneuve
Biostatistics and Epidemiology Division, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Environ Health 6:40. 2007..However, few have examined the possible confounding influence of aeroallergens, or reported findings among very young children...