- Clinical assessment and management of toddlers with suspected autism spectrum disorder: insights from studies of high-risk infantsLonnie Zwaigenbaum
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Pediatrics 123:1383-91. 2009..It is hoped that ongoing studies will provide an even stronger foundation for evidence-based diagnostic and intervention approaches for this critically important age group...
- Sex differences in children with autism spectrum disorder identified within a high-risk infant cohortLonnie Zwaigenbaum
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
J Autism Dev Disord 42:2585-96. 2012..The lower than expected male-to-female ratio, and the relatively high cognitive level among diagnosed children, suggest that we have identified an unanticipated number of higher-functioning girls with ASD...
- Using the preschool language scale, fourth edition to characterize language in preschoolers with autism spectrum disordersJoanne Volden
University of Alberta, Edmonton
Am J Speech Lang Pathol 20:200-8. 2011..We expected that PLS-4 performance would be better in more intellectually able children and that receptive skills would be relatively more impaired than expressive abilities, consistent with previous findings in the area of vocabulary...
- Early identification of autism spectrum disordersLonnie Zwaigenbaum
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Canada
Behav Brain Res 251:133-46. 2013....
- Advances in the early detection of autismLonnie Zwaigenbaum
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Curr Opin Neurol 23:97-102. 2010..Early detection and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) allows opportunities for children and their families to benefit more fully from early supports and interventions...
- Two children with muscular dystrophies ascertained due to referral for diagnosis of autismLonnie Zwaigenbaum
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Autism Dev Disord 33:193-9. 2003..These cases highlight the importance of a thorough neuromotor examination for all children with suspected autism spectrum disorders...