M Gail Woodbury
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Prevalence of pressure ulcers in Canadian healthcare settingsM Gail Woodbury
Lawson Health Research Institute, Program in Rehabilitation and Geriatric Care, London, Ontario, Canada
Ostomy Wound Manage 50:22-4, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36-8. 2004..Although additional studies are needed, the data suggest that pressure ulcers are a significant concern in all healthcare settings in Canada...
- Electrical stimulation therapy increases rate of healing of pressure ulcers in community-dwelling people with spinal cord injuryPamela E Houghton
Rehabilitation and Geriatric Care Center, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 91:669-78. 2010..To investigate whether electric stimulation therapy (EST) administered as part of a community-based, interdisciplinary wound care program accelerates healing of pressure ulcers in people with spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Implementation of best practice in the prevention of heel pressure ulcers in the acute orthopedic populationKaren E Campbell
London Health Sciences Center, London, Ontario, Canada
Int Wound J 7:28-40. 2010..Heel PU can be prevented in most orthopaedic patients using a universal heel PU prevention program...
- Heel pressure ulcers in orthopedic patients: a prospective study of incidence and risk factors in an acute care hospitalKaren E Campbell
Ostomy Wound Manage 56:44-54. 2010..These incidence rates are similar to those reported in other countries and confirm that efforts to reduce heel PU incidence rates are needed...
- Which reported estimate of the prevalence of malnutrition after stroke is valid?Norine C Foley
Aging, Rehabilitation and Geriatric Care Program, Division of Stroke Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Stroke 40:e66-74. 2009..The aim of this review was to explore possible sources of this heterogeneity among studies and to evaluate whether the nutritional assessment techniques used were valid...
- The effect of pressure-relieving surfaces on the prevention of heel ulcers in a variety of settings: a meta-analysisGisella Nicosia
School of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Int Wound J 4:197-207. 2007..These results need to be interpreted with caution given the relatively low number and poor quality of research articles available to date...
- Pain reports by older adults in long-term care: a pilot study of changes over timeMargaret C Gibson
Veterans Care Program, Parkwood Hospital, St Joseph s Health Care London, London, Ontario, Canada
Pain Res Manag 10:159-64. 2005..To document self-reported pain descriptions throughout residency in a long-term care facility for a convenience sample of older adults (Canadian war veterans)...
- Intermittent catheterization practices following spinal cord injury: a national surveyM Gail Woodbury
School of Physical Therapy and Department of Epidemiology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Can J Urol 15:4065-71. 2008..To identify intermittent catheterization (IC) practices and factors associated with urinary tract infection (UTI) in community-dwelling people living with spinal cord injury (SCI) in Canada...
- Reliability and predictive validity of Inlow's 60-Second Diabetic Foot Screen ToolChristine Anne Murphy
The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Adv Skin Wound Care 25:261-6. 2012..The objectives were to determine the intrarater reliability, interrater reliability, and predictive validity of Inlow's 60-Second Diabetic Foot Screen Tool in 2 healthcare settings...
- The therapeutic effect of functional and transcutaneous electric stimulation on improving gait speed in stroke patients: a meta-analysisShawn M Robbins
School of Physical Therapy, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 87:853-9. 2006..To determine the effect of previous treatments of functional electric stimulation (FES) and transcutaneous electric stimulation (TENS) on improving gait speed in subjects poststroke...
- A Prospective, Multicenter Study to Validate Use of the Pressure Ulcer Scale for Healing (PUSH(c)) in Patients with Diabetic, Venous, and Pressure UlcersJanice Hon
School of Physical Therapy, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada Email
Ostomy Wound Manage 56:26-36. 2010..Additional studies to assess use of this tool for DFU and to ascertain the predictive validity of the PUSH tool are warranted...
- Effect of ultraviolet light C on bacterial colonization in chronic woundsThao P Thai
School of Physical Therapy, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6G 1H1
Ostomy Wound Manage 51:32-45. 2005....
- Effect of electrical stimulation on chronic leg ulcer size and appearancePamela E Houghton
School of Physical Therapy, University of Western Ontario, Room 1443, London, Ontario, Canada N6G 1H1
Phys Ther 83:17-28. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of high-voltage pulsed current (HVPC) on healing of chronic leg ulcers...
- Ultraviolet light C in the treatment of chronic wounds with MRSA: a case studyThao P Thai
School of Physical Therapy, University of Western Ontario, Elborn College, London, Ontario, N6G 1H, Canada
Ostomy Wound Manage 48:52-60. 2002..This case study suggests that ultraviolet light C is a promising adjunctive therapy for chronic wounds containing antibiotic-resistant bacteria such as methicillin-resistant S. aureus...
- Measuring longitudinally the metabolic demands of stroke patients: resting energy expenditure is not elevatedHillel M Finestone
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Elizabeth Bruyere Health Centre, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Stroke 34:502-7. 2003....