J E Wolff
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Dexamethasone increases hepatotoxicity of MTX in children with brain tumorsJ E Wolff
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Alberta Children s Hospital, Calgary, Canada
Anticancer Res 18:2895-9. 1998..As previously shown, dexamethasone can reduce the efficacy of methotrexate in vitro (Anticancer Res. 14: 1585-8). Consequently, DEX has been avoided during high dose methotrexate infusions in a pilot study...
- Long recovery times improve the detection of cellular resistance in vitroJ E Wolff
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, Westfalische Wilhelms University, Munster, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 124:409-14. 1998..Experiments showing resistance after short recovery times are reliable, but lack of resistance can only be shown in experiments with long recovery times. Cisplatin treatment can result in resistance to radiation in glioma cells...
- Mesna inactivates platinum agents in vitroJ E Wolff
Alberta Children s Hospital, Calgary, Canada
Anticancer Res 18:4077-81. 1998..Platinum agents are frequently combined with ifosfamide. Mesna, originally coadministered to protect from ifosfamide side effects, might also react with the platinum agents in these combinations...
- Chemosensitivity of glioma cells in vitro: a meta analysisJ E Wolff
Department of Pediatric Oncology, University of Munster, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 125:481-6. 1999..We compared the in vitro efficacy of chemotherapeutic agents, developing a method to summarize published data...
- Falsification of tetrazolium dye (MTT) based cytotoxicity assay results due to mycoplasma contamination of cell culturesJ Denecke
University Hospital of Munster, Department of Pediatrics, Munster, Germany
Anticancer Res 19:1245-8. 1999..Differences decreased with decreasing drug doses and decreasing plated cell count. Our findings confirm the compelling need for periodical mycoplasma screening, especially when tetrazolium based cytotoxicity assay (MTT) are used...
- The kinetics and mechanisms of the reaction of Mesna with cisplatin, oxiplatin and carboplatinA Oprea
Cancer Biology Research Group, University of Calgary, Faculty of Medicine, Southern Alberta Cancer Research Centre, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, AB, T2N 4N1, Canada
Anticancer Res 21:1225-9. 2001....