Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Route preferences among adults in the near market for bicycling: findings of the cycling in cities studyMeghan Winters
Department of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Health Promot 25:40-7. 2010..To provide evidence about the types of transportation infrastructure that support bicycling...
- Utilitarian bicycling: a multilevel analysis of climate and personal influencesMeghan Winters
Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Prev Med 32:52-8. 2007..We investigated the impact of individual- and city-level characteristics on bicycling in Canadian cities to inform transportation and public health policies...
- Epidemiology of invasive pneumococcal disease in BC during the introduction of conjugated pneumococcal vaccineMeghan Winters
Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Can J Public Health 99:57-61. 2008....
- Built environment influences on healthy transportation choices: bicycling versus drivingMeghan Winters
School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Urban Health 87:969-93. 2010..Future research should explicitly consider relevant spatial zones when investigating the relationship between physical activity and urban form...
- Safe cycling: how do risk perceptions compare with observed risk?Meghan Winters
Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC
Can J Public Health 103:eS42-7. 2012..If so, even if protective infrastructure is built people may not feel safe enough to cycle. This paper reports on the relationship between perceived and observed injury risk...
- Route infrastructure and the risk of injuries to bicyclists: a case-crossover studyKay Teschke
School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Public Health 102:2336-43. 2012..We compared cycling injury risks of 14 route types and other route infrastructure features...
- Exposure-based traffic crash injury rates by mode of travel in British ColumbiaKay Teschke
School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Can J Public Health 104:e75-9. 2013..Comparing exposure-based injury rates between travel modes and jurisdictions is a valuable tool towards improving safety...
- Personal and trip characteristics associated with safety equipment use by injured adult bicyclists: a cross-sectional studyKay Teschke
School of Population and Public Health, 2206 East Mall, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:765. 2012..The aim of this study was to estimate use of helmets, lights, and visible clothing among cyclists and to examine trip and personal characteristics associated with their use...
- A comparison of antibiotic use in children between Canada and DenmarkFawziah Marra
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 41:659-66. 2007..Surveillance on antibiotic use is well established in Europe, including Denmark, but until recently, similar data from Canada were lacking...
- A framework for stakeholder identification in concept mapping and health research: a novel process and its application to older adult mobility and the built environmentClaire Schiller
Centre for Hip Health and Mobility, 6F 2635 Laurel Street, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9, Canada
BMC Public Health 13:428. 2013....
- The impact of transportation infrastructure on bicycling injuries and crashes: a review of the literatureConor C O Reynolds
Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability, University of British Columbia UBC, 2202 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
Environ Health 8:47. 2009..There is a growing body of research examining transportation infrastructure and the risk of injury to bicyclists...
- Agreement Between Virtual and In-the-Field Environmental Audits of Assisted Living SitesAnna M Chudyk
Dept of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Aging Phys Act 22:414-20. 2014....
- Concept mapping applied to the intersection between older adults' outdoor walking and the built and social environmentsHeather M Hanson
Centre for Hip Health and Mobility, Robert HN Ho Research Centre, 7 F 2635 Laurel St, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1M9, Canada Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, 320 5950 University Blvd, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
Prev Med 57:785-91. 2013..Thus, we aimed to synthesize perspectives from stakeholders to identify elements of the built and social environments that influence older adults' ability to walk outdoors...