Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Nursing scope of practice: descriptions and challengesDebbie White
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 21:44-57. 2008..Nonetheless, insufficient role differentiation among nurses and between nurses and other healthcare professionals leaves some nurses feeling devalued and not respected for their contribution to healthcare delivery...
- Nursing workforce utilization: an examination of facilitators and barriers on scope of practiceNelly D Oelke
Health Systems and Workforce Research Unit, Calgary Health Region, Calgary, AB
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 21:58-71. 2008..Policies and strategies based on these findings must be developed to ensure that nurses can work to their full scope of practice...
- Communities of practice: creating opportunities to enhance quality of care and safe practicesDebbie White
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
Healthc Q 11:80-4. 2008..In contrast to more structured safety initiatives, sites were able to choose their area of focus. This ensures buy-in and enhances sustainability, making CoPs an interesting option for patient safety initiatives...
- Leadership, a central ingredient for a successful quality agenda: a qualitative study of Canadian leaders' perspectivesDeborah E White
Associate professor and is the associate dean of research for the Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, in Calgary, Alberta You can contact her at 403 210 9627 or by email at
Healthc Q 16:62-7. 2013..While top-down leadership strategies were predominantly reported, developing leaders at all organizational levels was acknowledged as key to sustaining a quality culture and advancing the quality agenda. ..
- The Seamless Transfer-of-Care Protocol: a randomized controlled trial assessing the efficacy of an electronic transfer-of-care communication toolBarbara M Okoniewska
Department of Community Health Sciences, W21C Research and Innovation Centre, Institute of Public Health, University of Calgary, 3280 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, AB, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 12:414. 2012..This study examines whether a transfer-of-care (TOC) communication tool is efficacious and cost-effective for reducing hospital readmission, adverse events and adverse drug events as well as reducing death...
- The content of prenatal care and its relationship to preterm birth in Alberta, CanadaDeborah E White
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Health Care Women Int 27:777-92. 2006..We found no association between the content of prenatal care and the birth of a preterm infant. Prenatal care must focus more on providing health education and advice to pregnant women...
- What is the value and impact of quality and safety teams? A scoping reviewDeborah E White
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
Implement Sci 6:97. 2011..The purpose of this study was to conduct a scoping review of the literature about the establishment and impact of quality and safety team initiatives in acute care...