Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Nursing scope of practice: descriptions and challengesDebbie White
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 21:44-57. 2008..Nonetheless, insufficient role differentiation among nurses and between nurses and other healthcare professionals leaves some nurses feeling devalued and not respected for their contribution to healthcare delivery...
- Nursing workforce utilization: an examination of facilitators and barriers on scope of practiceNelly D Oelke
Health Systems and Workforce Research Unit, Calgary Health Region, Calgary, AB
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 21:58-71. 2008..Policies and strategies based on these findings must be developed to ensure that nurses can work to their full scope of practice...
- Communities of practice: creating opportunities to enhance quality of care and safe practicesDebbie White
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
Healthc Q 11:80-4. 2008..In contrast to more structured safety initiatives, sites were able to choose their area of focus. This ensures buy-in and enhances sustainability, making CoPs an interesting option for patient safety initiatives...
- The Seamless Transfer-of-Care Protocol: a randomized controlled trial assessing the efficacy of an electronic transfer-of-care communication toolBarbara M Okoniewska
Department of Community Health Sciences, W21C Research and Innovation Centre, Institute of Public Health, University of Calgary, 3280 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, AB, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 12:414. 2012..This study examines whether a transfer-of-care (TOC) communication tool is efficacious and cost-effective for reducing hospital readmission, adverse events and adverse drug events as well as reducing death...
- The content of prenatal care and its relationship to preterm birth in Alberta, CanadaDeborah E White
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Health Care Women Int 27:777-92. 2006..We found no association between the content of prenatal care and the birth of a preterm infant. Prenatal care must focus more on providing health education and advice to pregnant women...
- What is the value and impact of quality and safety teams? A scoping reviewDeborah E White
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
Implement Sci 6:97. 2011..The purpose of this study was to conduct a scoping review of the literature about the establishment and impact of quality and safety team initiatives in acute care...