Jean Elizabeth Wallace
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Mental health and stigma in the medical professionJean E Wallace
Department of Sociology, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Health (London) 16:3-18. 2012..I rely on strategically selected studies to effectively draw attention to and support the central themes of this article...
- Food for thought: an exploratory study of how physicians experience poor workplace nutritionJane B Lemaire
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Health Sciences Center, 3330 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB, T2N 4N1, Canada
Nutr J 10:18. 2011..We aimed to explore physicians' views of their nutrition in the workplace including their perceptions of the impact of inadequate nutrition upon their personal wellness and their professional performance...
- Physician nutrition and cognition during work hours: effect of a nutrition based interventionJane B Lemaire
Department of Medicine University of Calgary Health Sciences Center 3330 University Drive NW Calgary, Alberta T2N4N1, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 10:241. 2010..Nutrition has been linked to cognition. We aimed to examine the effect of a nutrition based intervention, that of scheduled nutrition breaks during the work day, upon physician cognition, glucose, and hypoglycemic symptoms...
- Not all coping strategies are created equal: a mixed methods study exploring physicians' self reported coping strategiesJane B Lemaire
Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Health Sciences Center, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 10:208. 2010..In addition, questionnaire data is utilized to explore the degree to which the coping strategies are used and are associated with feelings of emotional exhaustion, a key symptom of burnout...
- The generation and gender shifts in medicine: an exploratory survey of internal medicine physiciansEmily Jovic
Department of Sociology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 5C2, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 6:55. 2006..We also ask: Do female and male Generation X physicians differ significantly in their work hours and work attitudes regarding patient care and life balance?..
- On physician well being-you'll get by with a little help from your friendsJean Elizabeth Wallace
Sociology, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB Canada T2N 1N4
Soc Sci Med 64:2565-77. 2007..In addition, patient interactions appear to be both a key source of stress and a major source of satisfaction in physicians' daily work lives...
- Physician well being and quality of patient care: an exploratory study of the missing linkJean E Wallace
Department of Sociology, The University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Psychol Health Med 14:545-52. 2009....
- Physician wellness: a missing quality indicatorJean E Wallace
Department of Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Lancet 374:1714-21. 2009..We show that health systems should routinely measure physician wellness, and discuss the challenges associated with implementation...
- Work hard, play hard?: A comparison of male and female lawyers' time in paid and unpaid work and participation in leisure activitiesJean E Wallace
Department of Sociology, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive, N W, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 1N4
Can Rev Sociol 47:27-47. 2010..We raise several possible explanations for these findings...