Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Low wintertime vitamin D levels in a sample of healthy young adults of diverse ancestry living in the Toronto area: associations with vitamin D intake and skin pigmentationAgnes Gozdzik
Department of Anthropology, University of Toronto at Mississauga, 3359 Mississauga Road North, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1C6, Canada
BMC Public Health 8:336. 2008..The main goal of this study was to examine the vitamin D status and vitamin D intake of young Canadian adults of diverse ancestry during the winter months...
- The bioavailability of vitamin D from fortified cheeses and supplements is equivalent in adultsDennis Wagner
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, M563E2 Toronto, Canada
J Nutr 138:1365-71. 2008..003) and supplementation (P = 0.012). These data demonstrate that vitamin D is equally bioavailable from fortified hard cheeses and supplements, making cheese suitable for vitamin D fortification...
- Vitamin D3 fortification, quantification, and long-term stability in Cheddar and low-fat cheesesDennis Wagner
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, 150 College Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E2, Canada
J Agric Food Chem 56:7964-9. 2008..The fortification process did not alter the yield, chemical composition, or flavor of the Cheddar cheese. We conclude that industrially manufactured Cheddar and low-fat cheeses are suitable for vitamin D3 fortification...
- An evaluation of automated methods for measurement of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin DDennis Wagner
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Clin Biochem 42:1549-56. 2009..To compare two new automated assays with the well-established reference method, DiaSorin radioimmunoassay (RIA), for quantitation of serum total 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D]...
- The ratio of serum 24,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) to 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3) is predictive of 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3) response to vitamin D(3) supplementationDennis Wagner
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 126:72-7. 2011..The 24,25:25VD(3) ratio may therefore have clinical utility as a marker for VD(3) catabolism and a predictor of serum 25VD(3) response to VD(3) supplementation...
- Determination of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D concentrations in human colon tissues and matched serum samplesDennis Wagner
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anticancer Res 32:259-63. 2012..The objectives of this study were to determine whether 1,25(OH)(2)D is present in human colon tissue and to characterize the relationship between human colon tissue and serum 1,25(OH)(2)D concentrations...
- Randomized clinical trial of vitamin d3 doses on prostatic vitamin d metabolite levels and ki67 labeling in prostate cancer patientsDennis Wagner
University of Toronto, Department of Nutritional Sciences, 150 College Street, Room 316, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M56 3E2
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:1498-507. 2013..Although Ki67 expression did not differ among dose groups, its levels correlated inversely with prostate calcitriol. These suggestions of clinical benefit justify continued clinical research...