Pascal André Vendittoli
Affiliation: University of Montreal
- Alumina on alumina versus metal on conventional polyethylene: a randomized clinical trial with 9 to 15 years follow-upPascal André Vendittoli
From the Montreal University Hospital, and the Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Quebec
Acta Orthop Belg 79:181-90. 2013..Our study confirms, in the long-term, the superiority of ceramic-on-ceramic pairing in comparison to metal-on-conventional polyethylene and supports their use in young, active patients...
- A comparison of clinical results of hip resurfacing arthroplasty and 28 mm metal on metal total hip arthroplasty: a randomised trial with 3-6 years follow-upPascal André Vendittoli
Surgery Department, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hip Int 20:1-13. 2010....
- Chromium and cobalt ion release following the Durom high carbon content, forged metal-on-metal surface replacement of the hipP A Vendittoli
Surgery Department, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal University, Montreal, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Br 89:441-8. 2007..39 and 1.37 times higher for chromium and cobalt respectively than those in the whole blood. The levels of metal ions obtained may be specific to the hip resurfacing implant and reflect its manufacturing process...
- A randomised study comparing resection of acetabular bone at resurfacing and total hip replacementP A Vendittoli
Hopital Maisonneuve Rosemont, Montreal, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:997-1002. 2006..Our study has shown that, with a specific design of acetabular implant and by following a careful surgical technique, removal of bone on the acetabular side is comparable with that of total hip replacement...
- The John Charnley Award: The functional outcome of hip resurfacing and large-head THA is the same: a randomized, double-blind studyMartin Lavigne
Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, 5415 Assomption Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec, H1T 2M4, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:326-36. 2010..By these measures, HR did not provide better clinical function over large-head THA. Level of Evidence: Level I, therapeutic study. See the Guidelines for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence...
- Postural balance during quiet standing in patients with total hip arthroplasty and surface replacement arthroplastyJulie Nantel
Department of Kinesiology, University of Montreal, CP 6128 Centre Ville, Montreal, Canada
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 23:402-7. 2008..The aims of this study are (1) to compare postural stability in patients after total hip and surface replacement arthroplasties and (2) to evaluate the effect of the biomechanical reconstruction on postural stability...
- Comparison of whole-blood metal ion levels in four types of metal-on-metal large-diameter femoral head total hip arthroplasty: the potential influence of the adapter sleeveMartin Lavigne
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, 5415 Assomption Boulevard, Montreal, QC H1T 2M4, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:128-36. 2011....
- Factors affecting hip range of motion in surface replacement arthroplastyPascal André Vendittoli
Department of Surgery, Montreal University, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H1T 2M4
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 22:1004-12. 2007..However, there is paucity of information on the effect of such factors...
- Gait patterns after total hip arthroplasty and surface replacement arthroplastyJulie Nantel
Department of Kinesiology, University of Montreal, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 90:463-9. 2009..To compare gait patterns in patients with total hip arthroplasty (THA) and surface hip arthroplasty...
- Metal Ion release with large-diameter metal-on-metal hip arthroplastyPascal André Vendittoli
Surgery Department of Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Arthroplasty 26:282-8. 2011..We recommend modification or abandonment of the modular junction and femoral head open design for this specific LDH-THA system...
- Evaluation of the method for analyzing chromium, cobalt and titanium ion levels in the blood following hip replacement with a metal-on-metal prosthesisJanie Barry
Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Surgery Department, Montreal University, Canada
J Anal Toxicol 37:90-6. 2013..Therefore, HR-ICP-MS is a clinically acceptable method to evaluate metal ion levels in blood following hip replacement with an MoM prosthesis, and it is not necessary to discard the purge sample to obtain repeatable results...
- Supra acetabular bone mineral density measurements after hip resurfacing arthroplasty at short term follow upChabane Ait Yahia
Research Centre of Maisonneuve, Maissonnueve Rosemont Hospital, 5415 Assomption Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hip Int 21:468-74. 2011..70 g/cm2 ±0.49) (p=0.904). Contrary to our expectations, implantation of a monoblock Co-Cr acetabular component during HR did not cause significant stress-shielding of supra acetabular cancellous bone...
- Femoral component positioning in hip resurfacing with and without navigationMuthu Ganapathi
Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:1341-7. 2009..The average operative time was 111 minutes for the navigated group and 105 minutes for the nonnavigated group. Image-free navigation decreased the number of patients with potentially undesirable implant placements...
- A new interface element with progressive damage and osseointegration for modeling of interfaces in hip resurfacingChristiane Caouette
Laboratoire de Recherche en Imagerie et Orthopédie LIO, Ecole de technologie superieure, Montreal, QC, Canada
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 227:209-20. 2013....
- Painful impingement of the hip joint after total hip resurfacing: a report of two casesMartin Lavigne
Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Arthroplasty 23:1074-9. 2008..Femoral head-neck offset restoration can be achieved by proper femoral component positioning (especially optimal translation), by femoral neck osteoplasty or by increasing femoral component head size appropriately...
- Bone-wax granuloma after femoral neck osteoplastyMartin Lavigne
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Que
Can J Surg 51:E58-60. 2008
- Heterotopic ossification after surface replacement arthroplasty and total hip arthroplasty: a randomized studyKrishna Reddi Boddu Siva Rama
Department of Surgery, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Arthroplasty 24:256-62. 2009..Surgeons offering surface replacement must be aware of this risk and use meticulous surgical technique and consider routine prophylaxis against heterotopic ossification...
- Range of motion of large head total hip arthroplasty is greater than 28 mm total hip arthroplasty or hip resurfacingMartin Lavigne
Department of Surgery, Montreal University, Quebec, Canada
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 26:267-73. 2011....
- Factors affecting acetabular bone loss during primary hip arthroplasty--a quantitative analysis using computer simulationMartin Lavigne
Department of Surgery, University of Montreal, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, 5345 Boul L Assomption, Suite 55 Montréal, Quebec, Canada H1T 4B3
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 23:577-83. 2008..Although, various factors may affect the degree of acetabular bone loss during primary hip arthroplasty, they have not been quantified previously...
- Vertical acetabular positioning with an inclinometer in total hip arthroplastyPascal André Vendittoli
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Maisonneuve Rosemont CHA, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Arthroplasty 17:936-41. 2002....
- A multimodal analgesia protocol for total knee arthroplasty. A randomized, controlled studyPascal André Vendittoli
Orthopaedic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, 5345 Boul L Assomption, Suite 55, Montreal, Quebec H1T 4B3, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:282-9. 2006..This study was performed to evaluate the benefits and safety of a multimodal analgesia protocol that included periarticular injection of large doses of local anesthetics in patients undergoing total knee arthroplasty...
- Oral ferrous sulfate does not increase preoperative hemoglobin in patients scheduled for hip or knee arthroplastyKim Lachance
University of Montreal, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 45:764-70. 2011..To optimize preoperative Hb, blood conservation protocols often recommend oral iron supplements, even in nonanemic patients...
- Postural balance during quiet standing in patients with total hip arthroplasty with large diameter femoral head and surface replacement arthroplastyJulie Nantel
Department of Kinesiology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 90:1607-12. 2009..To compare postural balance between patients who have had either a large diameter head total hip arthroplasty or surface replacement arthroplasty...
- Resurfacing arthroplasty of the hip in osteopetrosisJ Girard
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, 5345 Boul L Assomption, Suite 55, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H1T 4B3
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:818-21. 2006..We conclude that the hybrid metal-on-metal resurfacing arthroplasty represents a valuable option for the treatment of patients with osteopetrosis and secondary hip osteoarthritis...
- Biomechanical reconstruction of the hip: a randomised study comparing total hip resurfacing and total hip arthroplastyJ Girard
Department of Orthopaedics, The Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, 5345 Boul L Assomption, Suite 55, Montreal, Quebec H1T 4B3, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:721-6. 2006..In a subgroup of patients with significant pre-operative deformity, restoration of the normal hip anatomy with lower pre-operative femoral offset or significant shortening of the leg was still possible with SRA...