Affiliation: University of Guelph
- Incidence, distribution, seasonality, and demographic risk factors of Salmonella Enteritidis human infections in Ontario, Canada, 2007-2009Csaba Varga
Department of Population Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, N1G 2W1, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 13:212. 2013..Enteritidis) human infections. Our study objectives were to evaluate the epidemiology of S. Enteritidis infections in Ontario using surveillance data from January 1, 2007 through December 31, 2009...
- Evaluating risk factors for endemic human Salmonella Enteritidis infections with different phage types in Ontario, Canada using multinomial logistic regression and a case-case study approachCsaba Varga
Department of Population Medicine, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:866. 2012..Our research objective was to identify risk factors for acquiring SE infections with various phage types (PT) in Ontario, Canada. We hypothesized that certain PTs (e.g., PT8 and PT13a) have specific risk factors for infection...
- The epidemiology of travel-related Salmonella Enteritidis in Ontario, Canada, 2010-2011Mary Kathryn Tighe
Public Health Ontario, 480 University Ave, Toronto, M5G 1V2, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:310. 2012....
- Associations between reported on-farm antimicrobial use practices and observed antimicrobial resistance in generic fecal Escherichia coli isolated from Alberta finishing swine farmsCsaba Varga
Department of Population Medicine, University of Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Prev Vet Med 88:185-92. 2009..coli to multiple antimicrobials. The study findings suggest that certain farm-level interventions related to antimicrobial use might be beneficial in reducing development and emergence of antimicrobial resistance in swine populations...
- Associations among antimicrobial use and antimicrobial resistance of Salmonella spp. isolates from 60 Alberta finishing swine farmsCsaba Varga
Department of Population Medicine, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Foodborne Pathog Dis 6:23-31. 2009....
- A systematic review-meta-analysis and meta-regression on the effect of selected competitive exclusion products on Salmonella spp. prevalence and concentration in broiler chickensAshley K Kerr
Laboratory for Foodborne Zoonoses, Public Health Agency of Canada, 160 Research Lane, Guelph, ON N1G 5B2, Canada
Prev Vet Med 111:112-25. 2013..Out of the various interventions to reduce Salmonella colonization in broilers on-farm, CE was the most studied; its inability to be licenced in certain countries and proof of consistent efficacy remains a barrier...
- Comparison of antimicrobial resistance in generic Escherichia coil and Salmonella spp. cultured from identical fecal samples in finishing swineCsaba Varga
Department of Population Medicine, University of Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Can J Vet Res 72:181-7. 2008..isolates than E. coli indicating that in future studies it might be sufficient to test fewer than 5 Salmonella spp. isolates per sample...