Rolf P G van Heeswijk
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Combination of protease inhibitors for the treatment of HIV-1-infected patients: a review of pharmacokinetics and clinical experienceR P van Heeswijk
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Antivir Ther 6:201-29. 2001..This review covers combinations of saquinavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, amprenavir and lopinavir with different doses of ritonavir, as well as the combinations of saquinavir and indinavir with nelfinavir...
- Critical issues in therapeutic drug monitoring of antiretroviral drugsRolf P G van Heeswijk
International Antiviral Therapy Evaluation Center, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ther Drug Monit 24:323-31. 2002..This review summarizes the basis for TDM of antiretroviral drugs and discusses the problems and prospects of this potential tool in the care for HIV-1-infected individuals...
- The pharmacokinetics of nelfinavir in HIV-1-infected childrenRolf P G van Heeswijk
Dept of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ther Drug Monit 24:487-91. 2002..However, due to a large interpatient variability in the exposure, individual dosage adjustments based on plasma concentrations may be necessary for both dosing regimens to ensure optimal treatment...
- Optimized antiretroviral therapy: the role of therapeutic drug monitoring and pharmacogenomicsRolf P G van Heeswijk
Clinical Investigation Unit, Division of Infectious Diseases, The Ottawa Hospital, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6, Canada
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 1:75-81. 2003..This paper reviews the current literature on therapeutic drug monitoring and the inhibitory quotient in the management of HIV infection and speculates on the future role of pharmacogenomics in this therapeutic area...
- Stable concentrations of zidovudine, stavudine, lamivudine, abacavir, and nevirapine in serum and cerebrospinal fluid during 2 years of therapyRieneke M E van Praag
National AIDS Therapy Evaluation Center NATEC, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine and AIDS, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:896-9. 2002..While studies suggest that saquinavir concentrations decrease over time, we show that concentrations of zidovudine, stavudine, lamivudine, abacavir, and nevirapine in serum and cerebrospinal fluid are stable during 2 years of therapy...
- The pharmacokinetics of nelfinavir and M8 during pregnancy and post partumRolf P G van Heeswijk
Division of Incectious Diseases and Department of Pharmacy, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6, Canada
Clin Pharmacol Ther 76:588-97. 2004..The objective of this study was to explore the pharmacokinetics of nelfinavir and its active metabolite hydroxy-t-butylamidenelfinavir (M8) during pregnancy and post partum...
- Inhibition of adenine nucleotide translocator pore function and protection against apoptosis in vivo by an HIV protease inhibitorJoel G R Weaver
Division of General Surgery, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 115:1828-38. 2005....
- Comparative efflux of saquinavir, ritonavir and lopinavir from primary human cellsBilge Diker
Public Health Agency of Canada, 200 Tunney s Pasture Driveway, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Drug Metab Lett 4:241-5. 2010..All factors that may limit optimal estimation of cell-associated drug concentrations must be considered so that intracellular concentrations of drug can be accurately estimated...
- Dose-escalating study of the safety and pharmacokinetics of nelfinavir in HIV-exposed neonatesChokechai Rongkavilit
HIV Netherlands Australia Thailand Research Collaboration HIV NAT, The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:455-63. 2002..The highly variable systemic exposure observed in the study indicates that therapeutic drug monitoring seems warranted to ensure adequate NFV dosing in this population...
- Long-term suppression of viral replication despite low plasma saquinavir concentrations in the CHEESE StudyRolf P G van Heeswijk
Br J Clin Pharmacol 53:211-2. 2002
- Steady-state pharmacokinetics and tolerability of indinavir-lopinavir/r combination therapy in antiretroviral-experienced patientsTony Antoniou
St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ther Drug Monit 27:779-81. 2005..No patient discontinued the regimen because of indinavir-related urologic or retinoid-type adverse effects. Further study of the regimen with larger cohorts of patients is necessary...
- Pharmacokinetics of indinavir/ritonavir (800/100 mg) in combination with efavirenz (600 mg) in HIV-1-infected subjectsMark A Boyd
The HIV Netherlands Australia Thailand Research Collaboration, The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 34:134-9. 2003....
- Time-dependent interaction between lopinavir/ritonavir and fexofenadineRolf P G van Heeswijk
Ottawa Hospital, Divisio of Infectious Diseaeses, Canada
J Clin Pharmacol 46:758-67. 2006..Time-dependent inhibition of P-glycoprotein by lopinavir/ritonavir should be considered when P-glycoprotein substrates are coadministered...