V L Trudeau
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Hamilton C, Navarro Martín L, Neufeld M, Basak A, Trudeau V. Early expression of aromatase and the membrane estrogen receptor GPER in neuromasts reveals a role for estrogens in the development of the frog lateral line system. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2014;205:242-50 pubmed publisher..Future study of this novel estrogen system in the amphibian lateral line may shed light on similar systems such as the mammalian inner ear. ..
- Mikwar M, Navarro Martín L, Xing L, Volkoff H, Hu W, Trudeau V. Stimulatory effect of the secretogranin-ll derived peptide secretoneurin on food intake and locomotion in female goldfish (Carassius auratus). Peptides. 2016;78:42-50 pubmed publisher..01) at 2h and 5h post-injection, respectively. These data suggest interactions of SNa with stimulatory and inhibitory pathways of food intake control in fish. ..
- Gutierrez Villagomez J, VÃ¡zquez MartÃnez J, RamÃrez ChÃ¡vez E, Molina Torres J, Trudeau V. Analysis of naphthenic acid mixtures as pentafluorobenzyl derivatives by gas chromatography-electron impact mass spectrometry. Talanta. 2017;162:440-452 pubmed publisher..This methodology will have wide applications in the elucidation of NA mixtures. ..
- Da Fonte D, Xing L, Mikwar M, Trudeau V. Secretoneurin-A inhibits aromatase B (cyp19a1b) expression in female goldfish (Carassius auratus) radial glial cells. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2018;257:106-112 pubmed publisher..By regulating neuroestrogen production in RGCs SNa may therefore be implicated in the control of major estrogen-dependent functions of the preoptic region such as reproductive behavior and osmoregulation. ..
- Trudeau V, Schueler F, Navarro Martín L, Hamilton C, Bulaeva E, Bennett A, et al. Efficient induction of spawning of northern leopard frogs (Lithobates pipiens) during and outside the natural breeding season. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2013;11:14 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence for successful captive breeding of the leopard frog, L. pipiens. This simple protocol can be used to obtain large numbers of eggs in a predictable, timed manner. ..
- Xing L, Martyniuk C, Esau C, Da Fonte D, Trudeau V. Proteomic profiling reveals dopaminergic regulation of progenitor cell functions of goldfish radial glial cells in vitro. J Proteomics. 2016;144:123-32 pubmed publisher..Lastly, this study begins to characterize signatures and biomarkers for specific neuroendocrine and neurogenesis disruptors. ..
- Vu M, Weiler B, Trudeau V. Time- and dose-related effects of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist and dopamine antagonist on reproduction in the Northern leopard frog (Lithobates pipiens). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;254:86-96 pubmed publisher..The results from this study provide a fundamental framework for future time- and dose-response investigations to improve current spawning methods in amphibians. ..
- Da Fonte D, Martyniuk C, Xing L, Pelin A, Corradi N, Hu W, et al. Secretoneurin A regulates neurogenic and inflammatory transcriptional networks in goldfish (Carassius auratus) radial glia. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14930 pubmed publisher..These data reveal an array of new functions that are proposed to be critical to neuronal-glial interactions through the mediator SNa. ..