Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- The association between childhood maltreatment subtypes and current suicide risk among homeless men and womenIris Torchalla
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences CHÉOS 620B 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Child Maltreat 17:132-43. 2012..Future studies need to further examine multitype maltreatment and suicidal behaviors in homeless populations with complex conditions...
- Smoking cessation programs targeted to women: a systematic reviewIris Torchalla
British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women s Health Vancouver, BC, Canada
Women Health 52:32-54. 2012..Developing approaches that fully account for the multiple challenges treatment-seeking women face is still an area of research...
- Smoking and predictors of nicotine dependence in a homeless populationIris Torchalla
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Nicotine Tob Res 13:934-42. 2011..lowly dependent smokers vs. highly dependent smokers)...
- Integrated treatment programs for individuals with concurrent substance use disorders and trauma experiences: a systematic review and meta-analysisIris Torchalla
British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women s Health, 311 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Subst Abuse Treat 42:65-77. 2012..Well-designed randomized controlled trials are clearly needed, particularly large sample studies evaluating understudied IT programs and exposure-based approaches...
- Mental health, concurrent disorders, and health care utilization in homeless womenVerena Strehlau
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Psychiatr Pract 18:349-60. 2012....
- Mental disorder, service use, and barriers to care among 500 homeless people in 3 different urban settingsReinhardt Michael Krausz
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Detwiller Pavilion, 2255 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 2A1, Canada
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:1235-43. 2013..To determine the standardized rates of mental disorder, health service use and barriers to care in a representatively diverse sample of homeless adults in three different sized urban centers in British Columbia, Canada...
- Sex differences in smoking cessation outcomes of a tailored program for individuals with substance use disorders and mental illnessChizimuzo T C Okoli
British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women s Health, E311 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Addict Behav 36:523-6. 2011..These factors may be important in the design of enhanced tailored treatments and development of future SC programs for individuals with SUD and MI...
- Substance use and predictors of substance dependence in homeless womenIris Torchalla
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences CHEOS, 620B 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Drug Alcohol Depend 118:173-9. 2011..To examine lifetime and current prevalence rates of substance use disorders and the demographic and clinical correlates of current drug dependence in a sample of homeless women...
- The Burnaby treatment center for mental health and addiction, a novel integrated treatment program for patients with addiction and concurrent disorders: results from a program evaluationChristian Schutz
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences, Providence Health Care St, Pauls Hospital, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 13:288. 2013....
- Sexual health, vulnerabilities and risk behaviours among homeless adultsVerena Strehlau
University of British Columbia, Department of Psychiatry, Detwiller Pavilion, 2255 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 2A1, Canada
Sex Health 11:91-3. 2014..These findings may inform health policies related to sexuality to foster positive sexual health outcomes for all people, including marginalised populations. ..
- Differences in the smoking identities of adolescent boys and girlsChizimuzo T C Okoli
British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women s Health, E311 4500 Oak Street, Box 48, Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1, Canada
Addict Behav 36:110-5. 2011..To assess sex-disaggregated differences in youths' characterizations of their own smoking behavior...