Affiliation: University of Windsor
- The primary care nurse practitioner: advocate for self careChristine Thrasher
Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program, Faculty of Nursing, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 14:113-7. 2002..To critically analyze the role of the primary care nurse practitioner (NP) as advocate in promoting health through self care...
- Integrating nurse practitioners into Canadian emergency departments: a qualitative study of barriers and recommendationsChristine Thrasher
Faculty of Nursing, University of Windsor, Ontario
CJEM 9:275-81. 2007..The objective of this study was to identify the facilitators and barriers associated with integrating nurse practitioners (NPs) into Canadian emergency departments (EDs) from the perspectives of NPs and ED staff...
- Patient satisfaction with nurse practitioner care in emergency departments in CanadaChristine Thrasher
Faculty of Nursing, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 20:231-7. 2008..To measure patient satisfaction with care delivered by nurse practitioners (NPs) in emergency departments (EDs) in Canada using a psychometrically valid survey...
- Caregiving by family and friends of adults receiving dialysisHeather Beanlands
School of Nursing, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nephrol Nurs J 32:621-31. 2005..These findings have important implications for nephrology nurses in planning care that acknowledges and supports the contributions of "lay" caregivers...
- Understanding the role of nurse practitioners in CanadaAndrew Worster
Emergency and Pre Hospital Services, Hamilton Health Sciences, and McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont
Can J Rural Med 10:89-94. 2005..This expansion has enabled nurses with advanced education and skills to function as independent and interdependent clinicians who practise in partnership with physicians and other health care professionals...
- Overcoming the challenges of providing clinical/practice educationEllen MacFarlane
St Francis Xavier University School of Nursing, Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Can Nurse 103:18-22. 2007..All schools of nursing are encouraged to continue to develop innovative ways of providing practice experience to meet growing demands...